Ranch Club Roads

BOP

I hope the azzhole karma fairy keeps your road buried

That's the pot calling the kettle black.

So, you see absolutely nothing wrong with road crews doing and redoing some roads, and not touching others? As long as it's your road that gets cleared, I'm sure. Hypocrite.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life

So, you see absolutely nothing wrong with road crews doing and redoing some roads, and not touching others? As long as it's your road that gets cleared, I'm sure. Hypocrite.

CALL the property authorities to address your concern. There are many roads in the surrounding counties. It's quite possible some get missed by accident. If that's not an option for you, grab a shovel.

BOP

You can't put this on any of the drivers. You need to go haunt DPW management and dispatch should you drop dead. Sounds like you already fell and bumped your head. I'll chock you post up to a blood clot in the brain.

Okay, maybe my post was a little extreme. Public apology for putting it all on the drivers.

It's human nature to take "it" out on the person in front of you, which is why I've tried real hard over the years not to do that. As a long time mechanic, I was usually the person in front of the person not having a good day.

People's frustration comes from not knowing who, exactly, makes the kinds of decisions to plow and re-plow the same roads, but not touch other roads. It's not just road clearing; it's everything in life - prices at the supermarket, and so forth.

Again, I apologize for my little outburst. Chock it up to the very real human condition called frustration.

I pay HOA fees every day, as do everyone in my neighborhood (making assumptions here, based on the fact that they all work and seem to be upstanding citizens - mostly older), and yet, we don't seem to derive the same benefits that other people do. Say...getting our roads worked on, as opposed to getting a road repaved after just having it paved (ours isn't paved, and probably never will be). We dodge potholes for months on end where some roads not only get paved, but repaved over and over again. Just for another example besides the plowing (or lack thereof) issue.

BOP

CALL the property authorities to address your concern. There are many roads in the surrounding counties. It's quite possible some get missed by accident. If that's not an option for you, grab a shovel.

As you'll no doubt see in my post just above, it seems to be a pattern. We call and call and call, put in work order after work order, and are ignored. It's not just me; at least one of my neighbors has raised holy heil with the powers that be, for all the good it's done us. The ranch estates think we work for them, even though we pay them.

rigz1381

ohmergerd

Yes. Lets all grab a shovel and dig out our roads. That's the logical thing to do. Its not like we pay money to have that done...oh wait...that's right, we do pay money for them to clear our roads!!

I think they have so far done and amazing job clearing the roads and have little to no complaints. I think they might have messed up though late Friday night plowing the roads BEFORE all the sleet/freezing rain hit the ground. My road had 3 inches of ice packed down on it that the plows could not even touch yesterday.

CREResident

Counties Have Not Plowed Roads Either

I know people in surrounding counties like Anne Arundel -- their community roads have not been plowed yet and may not be until Tuesday. And the County has lots of County-owned plows and contractors with plows.

S

shiki

Tomahawk Trail is clear, beautiful blacktop. My little $hithole road however is impassible. Hopefully they will manage to plow it before tomorrow so that we can get some much needed supplies.

AeroTaken

They plowed our road yesterday afternoon while we were out shoveling the driveways and were great about clearing the snow to the other side of the road (which is all woods) and not plowing my car under a 4 foot wall of snow and ice (which is what always happened in the past). So THANK YOU so much for plowing us out and not under. Thanks for a GREAT job!!!!

Josimmon

Thank you!

They plowed our road yesterday afternoon while we were out shoveling the driveways and were great about clearing the snow to the other side of the road (which is all woods) and not plowing my car under a 4 foot wall of snow and ice (which is what always happened in the past). So THANK YOU so much for plowing us out and not under. Thanks for a GREAT job!!!!

They just did the same for us! We were getting the neighbors out and they made a sweep closer to her car. I am just glad the neighbors can get their heart medication and I can get to work tomorrow! THANK YOU ROAD CREWS!

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad

:lol: No, it's not

The problem I see is your desire to be a victim instead of relying on your own initiative

ms_mj

They have plowed our road today but would really like to see more attention paid to Shortcut, Deadwood, White Rock and Los Alamos. Very hard to manuver on those roads. Hopefully tomorrow!

ladyhawk

CRE Plows made it down our road Sunday evening. It was so much easier to get out this morning even though the roads were pitted with 6-8" of ice chunks. I think they have been doing a GREAT job considering the limited staff and the hours needed to clear the roads...

We were one of those roads that didn't get a plow during the December storm.. although this really GREAT GUY on an ATV with a plow blade made a pass for us and everyone that lives in our area were very grateful!

THANK YOU ATV GUY!!!!

June

Natron0915

CRE Plows made it down our road Sunday evening. It was so much easier to get out this morning even though the roads were pitted with 6-8" of ice chunks. I think they have been doing a GREAT job considering the limited staff and the hours needed to clear the roads...

June

Still haven't had my road plowed since early Saturday morning...I was able to get out in my 4x4, but the wifey is definately stuck. To top it off, our washer took a crap on Sunday so no clean clothes till Lowes delivers the new one, hopefully, tomorrow. I'm sure they road crews are doing the best they can, but dam it, the front end loader drove by 4 times today with nary a glance, each time I heard him, I tried to get out to GWW to flag him down, but couldn't run very fast on the unplowed road. :doh: Please road crews, please! Just a quick pass, the road is only 200 yds long. Please come before we get any more snow.

And why are they limited staff? :shrug:

ladyhawk

Still haven't had my road plowed since early Saturday morning...I was able to get out in my 4x4, but the wifey is definately stuck. To top it off, our washer took a crap on Sunday so no clean clothes till Lowes delivers the new one, hopefully, tomorrow. I'm sure they road crews are doing the best they can, but dam it, the front end loader drove by 4 times today with nary a glance, each time I heard him, I tried to get out to GWW to flag him down, but couldn't run very fast on the unplowed road. :doh: Please road crews, please! Just a quick pass, the road is only 200 yds long. Please come before we get any more snow.

And why are they limited staff? :shrug:

Our road fee pays for more than just the staff and their overtime. It also pays for salt, fuel, sand and everything else that goes with a winter such as this one. It pays for all that and then the equipment and road maintenance (ie... gravel, riprap and other supplies needed to try and maintain the side roads) throughout the year.... All this is budgeted using previous year totals. Because it has been some years since Maryland has had a winter such as this one.. The costs associated with plowing the roads are going to be much higher than what was budgeted and this may leave that line item in the red......

CRE just doesn't have enough plows or manpower to keep up with this one while they are doing the best they can with the tools they have to work with...The county is a little better off because when they don't have the manpower or plows to keep up, they have money to bring in contractors!

Short and Sweet,
Its called penny pinching (money)..

I was going to say poor planning but...
How many years has it been since Maryland experienced a winter such as this? I hear this is how it was every winter years ago... Maybe those winters are coming back?... And it appears that the counties, even with the contractors helping them, are in the same boat...

June

Velocity26

Our road fee pays for more than just the staff and their overtime. It also pays for salt, fuel, sand and everything else that goes with a winter such as this one. It pays for all that and then the equipment and road maintenance (ie... gravel, riprap and other supplies needed to try and maintain the side roads) throughout the year.... All this is budgeted using previous year totals. Because it has been some years since Maryland has had a winter such as this one.. The costs associated with plowing the roads are going to be much higher than what was budgeted and this may leave that line item in the red......

CRE just doesn't have enough plows or manpower to keep up with this one while they are doing the best they can with the tools they have to work with...The county is a little better off because when they don't have the manpower or plows to keep up, they have money to bring in contractors!

Short and Sweet,
Its called penny pinching (money)..

I was going to say poor planning but...
How many years has it been since Maryland experienced a winter such as this? I hear this is how it was every winter years ago... Maybe those winters are coming back?... And it appears that the counties, even with the contractors helping them, are in the same boat...

June

If they ignore his road, he should ignore his HOA bill.

BOP

The problem I see is your desire to be a victim instead of relying on your own initiative

You're getting stupider by the minute. Or drunker. Or both.

I checked my basement, my attic, my pockets, and my shed...nope, not a snowplow in sight.

Just what do you propose I do, initiative wise? Go buy a snowplow? Shovel from my driveway up the street, down the street, and out to the main plowed road (that's off the side of a side road, in case you weren't tracking)? Sorry, bud, that's too much shoveling for a guy my age with a heart condition. The 50 foot driveway's tough enough.

Or did are you proposing that I call the people in charge of plowing roads? Did that, didn't accomplish anything...except delay the plowing of our roads while they go re-plow roads they've already plowed...or whatever it is they're doing besides plowing our neighborhoods.

Tell me, genius, what's your big-azz idea? I'm open to most anything constructive?

Otherwise, kindly shut your pie hole.

Black-Francis

You're getting stupider by the minute. Or drunker. Or both.

I checked my basement, my attic, my pockets, and my shed...nope, not a snowplow in sight.

Just what do you propose I do, initiative wise? Go buy a snowplow? Shovel from my driveway up the street, down the street, and out to the main plowed road (that's off the side of a side road, in case you weren't tracking)? Sorry, bud, that's too much shoveling for a guy my age with a heart condition. The 50 foot driveway's tough enough.

Or did are you proposing that I call the people in charge of plowing roads? Did that, didn't accomplish anything...except delay the plowing of our roads while they go re-plow roads they've already plowed...or whatever it is they're doing besides plowing our neighborhoods.

Tell me, genius, what's your big-azz idea? I'm open to most anything constructive?

Otherwise, kindly shut your pie hole.

Cool, a senior citizens fight......:starcat:

ladyhawk

If they ignore his road, he should ignore his HOA bill.

Which just adds more problems. If everyone paid the fees like they were supposed to, we wouldn't have some of the problems we do...

What they should do, is focus on the roads of those that do pay.
Then those that don't, might reconsider paying their fees and we'd have the funding to get things done. Oh wait, I forgot that's illegal...

Damn..

June

Natron0915

Which just adds more problems. If everyone paid the fees like they were supposed to, we wouldn't have some of the problems we do...

What they should do, is focus on the roads of those that do pay.
Then those that don't, might reconsider paying their fees and we'd have the funding to get things done. Oh wait, I forgot that's illegal...

Damn..

June

June,

While appreciate your points, they are, I'm sorry to say, irrelevant. The POACRE should have, considering the amount of $ in the budget, contingency plans for this sort of event. There are a lot of hard working people who live here, who do pay their fees, and expect a level of service based on the what they pay. Our "leaders" should spend a little less time worrying about their pet projects, and concentrating on the needs of those who put them into the position of power that they are (sounds familiar doesn't it?)

If I cannot get out, then both I and my wife cannot work, cannot earn our paychecks, cannot then pay our dues...then what.

I for one am going to begin taking a much more active role in our community, and call those who take and use our hard earned money, to task.

I look forward to continuing this discussion in the future. Feel free to PM me if you believe these are just words. I'm frustrated, fed up, and looking for real answers.

Oh, by the way, round 4 could start tomorrow afternoon, now what?

Nathan

ladyhawk

June,

While appreciate your points, they are, I'm sorry to say, irrelevant. The POACRE should have, considering the amount of $ in the budget, contingency plans for this sort of event. There are a lot of hard working people who live here, who do pay their fees, and expect a level of service based on the what they pay. Our "leaders" should spend a little less time worrying about their pet projects, and concentrating on the needs of those who put them into the position of power that they are (sounds familiar doesn't it?)

If I cannot get out, then both I and my wife cannot work, cannot earn our paychecks, cannot then pay our dues...then what.

I for one am going to begin taking a much more active role in our community, and call those who take and use our hard earned money, to task.

I look forward to continuing this discussion in the future. Feel free to PM me if you believe these are just words. I'm frustrated, fed up, and looking for real answers.

Oh, by the way, round 4 could start tomorrow afternoon, now what?

Nathan

Thank you for pointing all that out and although I agree, "If I cannot get out, then both I and my wife cannot work, cannot earn our paychecks, cannot then pay our dues" but I don't agree with the statement Velocity made. CRE has had this problem get worse over the last few years. Now that the economy has dumped it is worse than it ever has been but how much more are the rest of us expected to pay in order to pick up the slack for those that don't? How much more are you willing to pay to pick up the slack? and...When will it ever stop?

As far as volunteering, you appear to be blunt, to the point and not afraid to speak your mind, and I think we need more people that will stand up!
Word of warning....I have always been very passionate about this community so I love to debate these issues! I too am blunt and not afraid to speak my mind, although it might take me longer...On a side note, I am always open to good ideas that make sense!

Round 4? I'm already preparing for it, I just hope my preparations weren't too late. Guess I will be finding out tomorrow!

June