Random thought

The Oyster Guy

I would ask McCain to point out where god is mentioned in the Constitution.

The United States Constitution - The U.S. Constitution Online - USConstitution.net

To be fair, the McCain Campaign later issued a clarification to his remarks:

"The senator did not intend to assert that members of one religious faith or another have a greater claim to American citizenship over another," the spokeswoman, Jill Hazelbaker, said. "Read in context, his interview with beliefnet makes clear that people of all faiths are entitled to all the rights protected by the Constitution, including the right to practice their religion freely."

She continued: "He also observed that the values protected by the Constitution, by which he meant values such as respect for human life and dignity, are rooted in the Judeo-Christian tradition. That is all he intended to say to the question, America is a Christian nation, and it is hardly a controversial claim."​

The Founding Fathers didn't just pull the Constitution outta thin air - it was derived from their own Judeo-Christian heritage. And that's what makes America a Christian nation.
If you don't agree, you should be voting for Obama. Obama: America is 'no longer Christian'

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
I could. It wouldn't even be about revenge, just a purely practical matter and nothing personal. As Ron White says, if you kill someone, we will kill you back. I've never been interested in that whole angry mob thing, where people talk about whatever torture they would like to inflict on some horrible person. To me, it's just about getting them out of our lives and out of our pocketbooks.

I could never understand the purpose of keeping a crazy maniac alive, anyway. If it were a rabid dog, you'd put it down in a second and wouldn't have a whole lot of remorse. What's the difference?

Sensible thinking, indeed. I'm aware of the fact that our judicial system has it's faults, and people are unjustly convicted, when they are totally innocent.

Problem is, there are any number of predators out there, that victimize, rape, torture and maim our countrymen, and women. When there is proof, beyond the shadow of a doubt, eliminate them from our society. No guilt trips, just get it over and done with. JMHO

Xaquin44

To be fair, the McCain Campaign later issued a clarification to his remarks:

"The senator did not intend to assert that members of one religious faith or another have a greater claim to American citizenship over another," the spokeswoman, Jill Hazelbaker, said. "Read in context, his interview with beliefnet makes clear that people of all faiths are entitled to all the rights protected by the Constitution, including the right to practice their religion freely."

She continued: "He also observed that the values protected by the Constitution, by which he meant values such as respect for human life and dignity, are rooted in the Judeo-Christian tradition. That is all he intended to say to the question, America is a Christian nation, and it is hardly a controversial claim."​

The Founding Fathers didn't just pull the Constitution outta thin air - it was derived from their own Judeo-Christian heritage. And that's what makes America a Christian nation.
If you don't agree, you should be voting for Obama. Obama: America is 'no longer Christian'

weren't several of the authors deists?

At any rate, the majority of americans may be christian (well, in name anyway) but america is not a christian nation.

Sorry to burst your bubble.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I'm aware of the fact that our judicial system has it's faults, and people are unjustly convicted, when they are totally innocent.

See, and I have never heard of that happening. They may not have committed the crime they were convicted of, but they aren't "innocent" by any stretch of the imagination.

John Grisham finally gave in to his left-liberal tendencies and wrote a non-fiction book called "An Innocent Man," which is one of the bigger pieces of trash I've ever read. The man in question was convicted of murder and sentenced to death. Even though he was unanimously convicted, with witnesses, physical evidence, etc, Grisham is trying to make the case that this guy didn't do the crime. In defending this man, Grisham recounts other crimes this guy committed, and paints him as a pure dirtbag loser with nothing to redeem him.

So while this guy might not have been guilty of that particular crime, he most certainly wasn't innocent.

So that's where I'm at with the death penalty. I don't think anyone has gone to the chair who didn't deserve it, in one way or another.

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
I also have found that most anti-hunters are pro-choice. WTF squirrels,deer, quail are more important than the unborn. JMHO

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
See, and I have never heard of that happening. They may not have committed the crime they were convicted of, but they aren't "innocent" by any stretch of the imagination.

John Grisham finally gave in to his left-liberal tendencies and wrote a non-fiction book called "An Innocent Man," which is one of the bigger pieces of trash I've ever read. The man in question was convicted of murder and sentenced to death. Even though he was unanimously convicted, with witnesses, physical evidence, etc, Grisham is trying to make the case that this guy didn't do the crime. In defending this man, Grisham recounts other crimes this guy committed, and paints him as a pure dirtbag loser with nothing to redeem him.

So while this guy might not have been guilty of that particular crime, he most certainly wasn't innocent.

So that's where I'm at with the death penalty. I don't think anyone has gone to the chair who didn't deserve it, in one way or another.

I cannot recall the cases, in the past - however there have been people who have been unjustly convicted of a crime, only to have DNA evidence prove thay it clearly was not them, nor were they at the scene of the crime, when it supposedly occured.

It has been documented on cable news and - the Internet! :lol:

puggymom

I also have found that most anti-hunters are pro-choice. WTF squirrels,deer, quail are more important than the unborn. JMHO

Not a fan of PETA but this what what they say

About PETA >> FAQs >> General
“Where does the animal rights movement stand on abortion?”

There are people on both sides of the abortion issue in the animal rights movement, just as there are people on both sides of animal rights issues in the pro-life movement. And just as the pro-life movement has no official position on animal rights, the animal rights movement has no official position on abortion.

puggymom

From the Animal Liberation Front website

Animal Rights and Abortion Dilemmas
As an animal rights activist, I am faced with an enormous dilemma. Do I call abortion anything other than torture or murder? I cannot rationalize the willful delivery of pain to a rat, cat, dog, rabbit, calf, pig, circus elephant, or unborn humans when alternatives exist.
Is the killing of an animal against the law? Is murder against the law? People kill animals for food. As a vegan, I am offended by the process, but have never suggested that the killing be made illegal. I have urged that people take responsibility for their actions, and call the act what it is, murder, and recognize that their action of eating meat leads to the painful death of a sentient being. In that same sense, I am horrified by every single act of abortion. I feel the pain of every woman who feels that she has no alternative, and must make that life or death decision. It is a decision that she lives with for the rest of her life, and nothing can be more painful than to kill a part of oneself. Abortion is murder. It must always be called murder. Although it immediately ends a pregnancy, it must not be called a pregnancy termination. It must be called what it is, and if that change in nomenclature occurs throughout our society, it might become a less common act than it is.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I cannot recall the cases, in the past - however there have been people who have been unjustly convicted of a crime, only to have DNA evidence prove thay it clearly was not them, nor were they at the scene of the crime, when it supposedly occured.

But they almost certainly did something else or they wouldn't have been in a position to be accused of the crime. You don't get the death penalty for shoplifting or smoking pot - you get it for a violent crime. And typically you don't get convicted unless there is strong evidence. Then there's the appeal process and the long wait to actually be executed after you've been sentenced.

So, silly Hollywood movies aside, I don't believe anyone who was ever sentenced to death didn't deserve it.

Xaquin44

I'm going to toss that in your face next time I see you having fits in the Religion forum.

um, ok.

go right ahead lol

I've never said anything like 'X religion is not allowed to worship in our boarders' .... in fact, it's usually the exact opposite.

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
um, ok.

go right ahead lol

I've never said anything like 'X religion is not allowed to worship in our boarders' .... in fact, it's usually the exact opposite.

You're not going to like it, but mark my word, when you least expect it, the lady is gonna gurgitate it, right into your kisser! :lmao:

"Oh hell, I remember that thought, now!" (This is an omen - be afraid, very afraid!)

Xaquin44

You're not going to like it, but mark my word, when you least expect it, the lady is gonna gurgitate it, right into your kisser! :lmao:

"Oh hell, I remember that thought, now!" (This is an omen - be afraid, very afraid!)

that's fine.