Ratbirds/Steelers Hate Fest Part III

R

retiredweaxman

:buddies::killingme:killingme:killingme:killingme

Well played...well played

As a JETS fan, I must admit...that was dog gone funny!!!!

However, truth be told, the STEELER fans are just angry and jealous of the victory the JETS secured just 3 weeks ago in Heinz Field.

Baz

This. ------------------>
As a JETS fan, I must admit...that was dog gone funny!!!!

However, truth be told, the STEELER fans are just angry and jealous of the victory the JETS secured just 3 weeks ago in Heinz Field.

Not at all. That was the regular season, and the Steelers still ended up #2 seed, which was the best that could be expected.

FWIW, I don't think the Steelers can beat the Pats, either. But I think they've got the best chance of anyone in the AFC.

thurley42

HY;FR
Not at all. That was the regular season, and the Steelers still ended up #2 seed, which was the best that could be expected.

FWIW, I don't think the Steelers can beat the Pats, either. But I think they've got the best chance of anyone in the AFC.

I agree, but I think this war is going to take a lot out of them.....

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I agree, but I think this war is going to take a lot out of them.....

Yeah but, as much as I'd like to see the Ravens/Pats, I think Ben gives the Steelers the only real chance of the remaining three, Flacco not having taken, in my view that next step yet either.

thurley42

HY;FR
Yeah but, as much as I'd like to see the Ravens/Pats, I think Ben gives the Steelers the only real chance of the remaining three, Flacco not having taken, in my view that next step yet either.

I agree, I wasn't very impressed with him the first half of the game Sunday. I started playing COD at halftime and by the time i rememebered to check the score they were up big so I just kept on playing....

I don't think the Ravens can stop a healthy Steelers team....and I believe everyone except Smith is healthy and rested so I see the Steelers winnings this one.

BuddyLee

Football addict

I think the Ravens have the best chance in the AFC. They took them into overtime, while the Steelers were clearly beaten.

The Ratbirds had both games in hand this season and let one slip away at the end. I think they take this one. Field goal game for sure.

DipStick

Keep Calm and Don't Care!
I think the Ravens have the best chance in the AFC. They took them into overtime, while the Steelers were clearly beaten.

The Ratbirds had both games in hand this season and let one slip away at the end. I think they take this one. Field goal game for sure.

I agree with both, Ratbirds are the only team that can put up a fight against the Patriots. I don't think they'll be so lucky this time, if they beat Sh!ttsburgh.

It's all about matchups in the NFL. We shall see. The Ratbirds games are usually close, but this game, well, :war:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I agree with both, Ratbirds are the only team that can put up a fight against the Patriots. I don't think they'll be so lucky this time, if they beat Sh!ttsburgh.

It's all about matchups in the NFL. We shall see. The Ratbirds games are usually close, but this game, well, :war:

I disagree. The Steelers O with Ben has a better chance to score against the Pats and, if Troy is healthy, I'd rather have the Pitt d as well. Actually, I'd take either D but, I'm much prefer Pittsburgh's offense.

thurley42

HY;FR
I disagree. The Steelers O with Ben has a better chance to score against the Pats and, if Troy is healthy, I'd rather have the Pitt d as well. Actually, I'd take either D but, I'm much prefer Pittsburgh's offense.

This is how I feel.....The Steelers defense is a better D than Bmore's by a nose.....both defenses can force a few punts, maybe a turnover....The Ravens Offense to me just hasn't been that great...they are good, but not great. The Steelers have the ability to be great....

As far as the matchups this year go, the Ravens had a last second drive against a Steeler team riddled with injury and with Ben suspended....the 2nd time Ben had a broken foot BEFORE they broke his nose early in the game....

The last 4 have been decided by a FG....I say Steelers by a TD this time....

Larry Gude

Strung Out
This is how I feel.....The Steelers defense is a better D than Bmore's by a nose.....both defenses can force a few punts, maybe a turnover....The Ravens Offense to me just hasn't been that great...they are good, but not great. The Steelers have the ability to be great....

Flacco CAN get there, the potential is there. I mean, good lord, he has the weapons. It's ALL on him to take the next step. So, if, IF he takes that step against the Steelers, a game winning drive, maybe even a dominant, 28 point game where he is in command all four quarters, then, all bets are off and they are going give the Pats a run for it.

So, my leaning toward Ben is simply because he has done it. If Flacco takes the nest step up, look out.

:buddies:

DipStick

Keep Calm and Don't Care!

It's all about matchups... fact: Ratbirds took the Patriots to overtime and lost by a FIELD GOAL. Fact: Sh!ttsburgh got their collective asses kicked by the Patriots. Either way, I think the Patriots are Super Bowl champions, but the Ratbirds are the only team that can put up a good fight. We shall see though, there's a reason they play the game. :yay: The Seachickens are a perfect example of "anything can happen".

JoeR

How can losing 14-10 with a minute left in the game be having the game in hand? I still believe that if Ben was playing in the first game the Steelers would have gotten the first down at the end of the game forcing the Ravens to use their last time out, and would have run out the clock. And before you say well Ed Reed wasn't playing either, remember that he only has 1 career interception against Ben.

Toxick

Splat
As a Ravens fan, all I know is that starting from this moment, I will be referring to Washington's so-called football team as The Foreskins.

I absolutely refuse to call them anything but The Foreskins, and variations thereof.

The Washington Foreskins.

Like on a penis.

BuddyLee

Football addict

I disagree.

The Steelers offense was shut-down. Their big play target was non-existant.

By the third quarter it was 23-3.

As the Pats put it virtually out of reach in the 4th quarter, they starting sitting defensive starters. It was then when the Steelers acquired 23 points in the twilight of the 4th quarter.

Ravens, while statistically a worse offense has better match-up's and can give the Patriots a few nightmares.

Going into the 4th quarter of their match-up, the Ravens had a 20-10 lead over the Patriots. However, the Pats completed a comeback to win it in overtime with less than a minute left.

Better match-up's for sure, Ravens v. Pats.