Ratbirds/Steelers Hate Fest Part III

BuddyLee

Football addict
This is how I feel.....The Steelers defense is a better D than Bmore's by a nose.....both defenses can force a few punts, maybe a turnover....The Ravens Offense to me just hasn't been that great...they are good, but not great. The Steelers have the ability to be great....

As far as the matchups this year go, the Ravens had a last second drive against a Steeler team riddled with injury and with Ben suspended....the 2nd time Ben had a broken foot BEFORE they broke his nose early in the game....

The last 4 have been decided by a FG....I say Steelers by a TD this time....

If you take away the running game, the Steelers are a one trick pony. If you shut down Mike Wallace you have a pretty damn good chance at beating them this year. If you can't stop the run or Mike Wallace, you open yourself to Ward and even Randel El.

BuddyLee

Football addict
How can losing 14-10 with a minute left in the game be having the game in hand? I still believe that if Ben was playing in the first game the Steelers would have gotten the first down at the end of the game forcing the Ravens to use their last time out, and would have run out the clock. And before you say well Ed Reed wasn't playing either, remember that he only has 1 career interception against Ben.
They had the game in hand because the game was won with no time on the clock. You play until 60 minutes is up last time I checked.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Ravens, while statistically a worse offense has better match-up's and can give the Patriots a few nightmares.

Going into the 4th quarter of their match-up, the Ravens had a 20-10 lead over the Patriots. However, the Pats completed a comeback to win it in overtime with less than a minute left.

Better match-up's for sure, Ravens v. Pats.

I think it's on Flacco finishing.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Two powerful defenses that hit hard, real hard. I don't like either team, but when they're on the same field, it's a fun game to watch.

These two teams hate each other, their fans hate each other, #### talk galore ahead of the game -- this is a damn fine week to live in the Baltimore area (since I'm neutral). :killingme:killingme

Tell this to my wife of 24 years (Steelers Fan).

Go Ravens! This ought to make for a very interesting Saturday. :lmao:

Wildcat97

Wtf?!

When I opened this thread I was expecting to see some #### talking. All I have seen is crap about Darth Brady (very funny btw) and Jabba (hilarious).

The rubber match between these two teams is going to phenomenal! No matter how you slice it, with or without Troy, with or without Reed, this match up hinges on emotion and heart. If both teams come out to play from the start Saturday, the paramedics will have to sort the bodies out.

My prediction:

Ratbirds: 13
Steelers: 17
:yahoo:

Baz

This. ------------------>
When I opened this thread I was expecting to see some #### talking. All I have seen is crap about Darth Brady (very funny btw) and Jabba (hilarious).

The rubber match between these two teams is going to phenomenal! No matter how you slice it, with or without Troy, with or without Reed, this match up hinges on emotion and heart. If both teams come out to play from the start Saturday, the paramedics will have to sort the bodies out.

My prediction:

Ratbirds: 13
Steelers: 17
:yahoo:

I think the reason for lack of smack is that fans of both teams pretty much agree on what to expect in the game. A low scoring streetfight, with either team having to pull it out (or hold onto it) at the end.

I think the Steelers have a slightly better defense, though both are great. And of the two offenses, I think Pittsburgh gets the slight nod there as well.

I'll guesstimate the Steelers limping into Foxboro next week after a 20-13 win on Saturday.

SOMDRAVEN

Big Dog Daddy
Yes indeed it is once again time to go in to the gauntlet with swords ablazing. Definitely going to be a great game as always. It is hard to talk a lot of trash because these teams are so evenly matched. Im going to have to say Ravens 20-13 with Heap making several big plays. I hate to say it but i respect the Steelers for the hard nosed way they play the game. I hate to say this even more, but if the Ravens lose i will be a Steeler fan next week especially if the Pats win. I dont like QB's who wear curlers in their hair and Ugg boots. Good luck Wildcat97.

Dukesdad

Game day.

Like the rest I'm looking at a close game. I'd sure like to see the Steelers win but this is one of those games that the outcome may hinge on somebody's mistake rather than a brilliant play by Ben or Joe.

Last edited:

twinoaks207

Having Fun!
Too close to call. Both teams play the same way -- hard-hitting. My heart is with the Steelers -- my guy Polamalu is back and that's a wonderful thing to behold.

(and yeah, I'm with the "anybody but the Patriots" crew on this one!)

Gonna be a great game to watch! :buddies:

Rael

Supper's Ready
Like the rest I'm looking at a close game. I'd sure like to see the Steelers win but this is one of those games that the outcome may hinge on somebody's mistake rather than a brilliant play by Ben or Joe.

:yeahthat:
And so far, the Ravens two TDs were based upon two Steelers' mistakes: Pass interference on Madison (converted to 7), and Rothlesberger's fumble.

Looking like it's gonna be an "over" game. :lol:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
These teams play each other so close.

These games often come down to the calls on the field.

Bunch of bad calls in this game; the opening PI, the hold on the punt return, the 'hold' on the goal line AGAINST a d line man who was surrounded by people holding.

Very scrappy, hard fought, tough game.

BuddyLee

Football addict
Bunch of bad calls in this game; the opening PI, the hold on the punt return, the 'hold' on the goal line AGAINST a d line man who was surrounded by people holding.

Very scrappy, hard fought, tough game.

Yep. I wish there were less rules in this day and age. I want to watch these gladiators do what they do best.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Yep. I wish there were less rules in this day and age. I want to watch these gladiators do what they do best.

It ain't about rules. It's about judgment in a split second; was it enough to call?

I mean, they did a pretty good job considering these two, when they meet, are pretty much the equivalent of trying to keep a prison yard under control. Chippy after every play.

rich70

STEELERS NATION!!
You ment to say when the Jets go to Pittsburgh next week, right? :whistle:

lol sorry to break it to you my friend but no one is stopping that Pats train.....the Steelers have the best chance, but after this war I don't see them having enough left in the tank.....but I could be wrong...The Jets are not making it out of Foxboro this weekend..that's my No Bull Guarantee...put it on the board!

I called it!!!!

Actually it was wishful thinking but see, wishes do come true! :yahoo: