Rate The Last Film You Watched

Misfit

Lawful neutral
Awww man, what did you like/dislike about it?

It was good, just not great IMO. I liked the dad jokes and the CGI was good (except for the jaguar) I guess maybe I’ve just seen the Rock too much. He’s like Samuel L. Jackson to me he’s in everything I see.

Oh no, the grandkids are really looking forward to this! Will they rate it a 5/5? Is it kid appropriate?

They should like it, it’s a kids movie but depending on their age it could be scary at times. But then again Scooby Do scared me as a kid.

warneckutz

It was good, just not great IMO. I liked the dad jokes and the CGI was good (except for the jaguar) I guess maybe I’ve just seen the Rock too much. He’s like Samuel L. Jackson to me he’s in everything I see.

That's fair, he's got his hands in everything now. I think he's slowing down with movies (then again 3 upcoming movies doesn't sound too slow).

Misfit

Lawful neutral
That's fair, he's got his hands in everything now. I think he's slowing down with movies (then again 3 upcoming movies doesn't sound too slow).

Did you see John Meadows died? I follow him and Natural Gallant Bodybuilding on YouTube. :(

warneckutz

Did you see John Meadows died? I follow him and Natural Gallant Bodybuilding on YouTube. :(
I saw that... Honestly, wasn't too familiar with him. The whole scene along with the Olympia has gotten pretty "blah" for me. Used to be so into the whole scene (except for the extreme, I can't do needles :faint:)... I need to do a little research.

Misfit

Lawful neutral
Snake Eyes 2/5

I won’t go into how inaccurate this movie was compared to the Comic Books and animated series because I don’t want to spent days arguing with G.I Joe enthusiasts here in SOMD. :nono:

If you have no idea who Snake Eyes is/was and just want an action movie you might like it but if you’ve spent your life trying to copy the values and morals of the Arashikage Clan, skip it.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
My sons and I had a boys night out before we took the oldest back to school and we saw "Free Guy" at RC. I give it a strong 4/5. If you are a gamer or you watch your kids play, you'll get the gist of the movie. If you have no idea about NPCs, AI or respawning then you may be a bit WTF. Besides, I like Ryan Reynolds and to see him do comedy geared to younger movie goers was a nice change. (See Deadpool 2)

glhs837

Power with Control
My sons and I had a boys night out before we took the oldest back to school and we saw "Free Guy" at RC. I give it a strong 4/5. If you are a gamer or you watch your kids play, you'll get the gist of the movie. If you have no idea about NPCs, AI or respawning then you may be a bit WTF. Besides, I like Ryan Reynolds and to see him do comedy geared to younger movie goers was a nice change. (See Deadpool 2)

Looking forward to it. Looks like a lot of fun.

Kinnakeet

Don’t Breathe...I thought it was going to be a horror flick but it was suspense, still liked it. 3/5

Central Intelligence with the Rock and Kevin Hart...highly recommend this one, very funny. 5/5
Central Intelligence great movie the rock is at his best

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I bought "Jesus Christ Superstar" on YouTube.
I am not a Christion, have not been since the Spring of 1975.
But, I heartily enjoy this masterwork from the team of Webber and Rice.

frequentflier

happy to be living
I watched the ELVIS movie last night and thought the young man playing Elvis (Austin Butler) knocked it out of the park! As much as I dislike Tom Hanks politically, he is a fine actor and as expected; he played his role well.
I've never had an opinion either way about Elvis and never owned his music. But was totally impressed with the movie that showed his life story from start to finish. I never realized he was only 42 when he died. He looked so much older esp after substantial weight gain but that's probably also a result of the drugs.
It seems his career and life would have been much different if he hadn't hooked up with someone besides "Colonel Tom Parker". What a shame.
All in all, I would rate this a 5 star movie. After working all day, it was a great way to spend a Saturday evening, on the couch surrounded by animals and enjoying a hot pot of tea!

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
I watched the ELVIS movie last night and thought the young man playing Elvis (Austin Butler) knocked it out of the park! As much as I dislike Tom Hanks politically, he is a fine actor and as expected; he played his role well.
I've never had an opinion either way about Elvis and never owned his music. But was totally impressed with the movie that showed his life story from start to finish. I never realized he was only 42 when he died. He looked so much older esp after substantial weight gain but that's probably also a result of the drugs.
It seems his career and life would have been much different if he hadn't hooked up with someone besides "Colonel Tom Parker". What a shame.
All in all, I would rate this a 5 star movie. After working all day, it was a great way to spend a Saturday evening, on the couch surrounded by animals and enjoying a hot pot of tea!
Thank you for your review on this!!! I've been waiting to see it, having missed it when it was in the theatres. :yay:

Elvis was a huge presence in my life when I was growing up. Both of my parents loved him, my mother especially. Like a lot of women her age, she LOVED him! She got to see him in concert about a year before he died, not his greatest time, but I remember how excited about going. I saved her record album set of his 50 gold record hits. I don't think it's really worth that much, but I can't part with it, because of the sentimental value.

I'll have to put this on my list to watch.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
I had a bunch of stuff I could do while watching a movie, so I rented it today via Amazon Prime.

I would also rate this a 5 star movie. They certainly captured the essence of the phenomenon that was Elvis Presley throughout the early years and when he really came into his own right after he was in the Army. Wow!!!! :hot: He was one heck of a performer - it's not hard to see why the wimmens loved him!

It's a sad shame that he was also a victim of that phenomenon (as well as being taken advantage of finanically and manipulation by that a**hole Colonel Tom Parker) The last scenes of the movie brought me to tears. (It was like I was seeing it through my mom's eyes during that timeframe)