Recommendations for Heating and A/C

3CATSAILOR

We used Boothe, very professional and good work.
Boothe advertises a lot but does not do what they say is my experience. For example, they had a deal for 69 or early bird at 59 to clean out and check the system. They looked at my system and said I need a new furnace. I do not. My furnace is fine. I got another guy to look at it and he said it is fine and nothing is wrong with it. Other people have told me they tell a lot of people they need a new furnace when they don't.

3CATSAILOR

It's easy to like something when you know nothing about their actual way of doing business, installing a system is easy. Boothes has never met a HVAC system they won't condemn! I've gone behind them after they have condemned a system several times in my community and found that it's a capacitator ($6) metering device ($60) motor ($120) or a heat sequencer ($15) all pretty easy to replace. Pretty damn shady company in my opinion! Maybe the new management will be better.
You couldn't be more accurate!!!

SamSpade

While Boothe's gets a bad rap from others on here - we're more or less happy with them. I do think they do a harder sell - some of the time - and some of their stuff is a bit overpriced. But they've never done a shoddy job and if they have to come back for something, they're pretty quick about it.

phreddyp

While Boothe's gets a bad rap from others on here - we're more or less happy with them. I do think they do a harder sell - some of the time - and some of their stuff is a bit overpriced. But they've never done a shoddy job and if they have to come back for something, they're pretty quick about it.
That's like getting boned in the ass against your will but you're happy because the rapist used some lube!

SamSpade

That's like getting boned in the ass against your will but you're happy because the rapist used some lube!
(shrug) - I see it like going to a better restaurant, cost a lot more but the service is excellent. Or going to a doctor who charges too much but makes no mistakes.

Nobody made me pick Boothe's. When I needed them, most times they were there either the next day or sometimes, the same day. With the exception of a septic job - they came a day early - they've always been right on time.

willie

Willie,
The temp for the rollover can be adjusted.
Please call Taylor Gas.
They are great to work with and ask them about the rental payment on the tank.
This model is not adjustable. Our previous Carrier was jumpered to 40 degrees and it struggled. I completely understand the rental policy. Even with the rental cost, my total utility bill is significantly lower with this Bosch system. Taylor Gas does good work.

awol

Booths will basically send a sales person dressed as a technician that will tell you need to spend thousands and replace your unit. The whole industry sucks, its like buying a used car.
and then when you tell them their price is too high, they'll call you several times offering to lower it.

phreddyp

This model is not adjustable. Our previous Carrier was jumpered to 40 degrees and it struggled. I completely understand the rental policy. Even with the rental cost, my total utility bill is significantly lower with this Bosch system. Taylor Gas does good work.
Check your installation bill, see if they charged you sales tax on the equipment and parts. I would like to know. Please.

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
Thanks for all the input. I found someone, small business local guy who is very knowledgeable and after his input I trust him enough to go back. His name is Eddie Hewitt from Home Team Comfort.
Eddie and Brian are good.
I believe they both use to work for TN Bowes for many years, before venturing off to start their own business.

wubbles

Boothe's has done well by me. You definitely pay a premium. I have had them out same day for issues and they always take care of me. I am a comfort care member but it means I don't have to worry about anything when it comes to HVAC and plumbing. My parents are also very satisfied customers.

Definitely would not recommend them if you are on a very tight budget though. There are definitely many very qualified companies and solo folks around here that do just as a good of a job for half the price.

Chippindos

If you're on the hunt for budget-friendly options, you might want to keep an eye on cheap radiators. They can be a practical choice, especially if you're looking to balance cost-effectiveness with functionality.
Another thing to consider is the size and layout of your home. Different heating and A/C systems work better for various house designs. So, if you can, get a professional assessment to determine what suits your place best.
Lastly, think about smart thermostats. They can help you control your heating and cooling more efficiently, saving you money in the long run. Plus, they're pretty tech-savvy and can be controlled from your smartphone.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
two years ago, Taylor Gas installed a 5 ton heat pump and gas high efficiency Bosch furnace. Huge improvement over my 11 year old Carrier system. The only drawback is that the heat pump decides what temperature it will turn it over to gas. This morning at 36 degrees the heat pump was putting out 97 degree air so no gas usage. Even with gas instant water heater we have to pay tank rental since we don't use enough gas.
We just discovered that neat "feature" when our new system decided to change over to propane at 40 degrees last weekend..and we don't have the propane hooked up yet. Oops. got a bit chilly in the aprtments for a couple nights. Winters was out first thing Monday to re-program the programmable stat to lockout the propane backup until we have it all hooked up. Then we can select the "balance point temp" as they call it, based on the most efficient operating point...to be determined.