Recommendations for Heating and A/C

Kyle

Beloved Misanthrope
PREMO Member
We just discovered that neat "feature" when our new system decided to change over to propane at 40 degrees last weekend..and we don't have the propane hooked up yet. Oops. got a bit chilly in the aprtments for a couple nights. Winters was out first thing Monday to re-program the programmable stat to lockout the propane backup until we have it all hooked up. Then we can select the "balance point temp" as they call it, based on the most efficient operating point...to be determined.
That "balance point" keeps rising for my system, based on SMECOs new forever-climbing rates plan.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
That "balance point" keeps rising for my system, based on SMECOs new forever-climbing rates plan.
That's kinda what I figured would be the case. We're going with Q-Dog propane and its pretty cheap. Two 120-gal bottles because I wanted a serious reserve capacity for the 12KW propane Generac.

jrt_ms1995

If you're on the hunt for budget-friendly options, you might want to keep an eye on cheap radiators. They can be a practical choice, especially if you're looking to balance cost-effectiveness with functionality.
Another thing to consider is the size and layout of your home. Different heating and A/C systems work better for various house designs. So, if you can, get a professional assessment to determine what suits your place best.
Lastly, think about smart thermostats. They can help you control your heating and cooling more efficiently, saving you money in the long run. Plus, they're pretty tech-savvy and can be controlled from your smartphone.
Thank you for that link to a UK company. I'll contact them about servicing my country estate. Although I've never been there, they tell me it's nice.

1701374948880.png

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Thank you for that link to a UK company. I'll contact them about servicing my country estate. Although I've never been there, they tell me it's nice.

View attachment 174048
I have a mansion, forget the price
Ain't never been there, they tell me it's nice
I live in hotels, tear out the walls
I have accountants pay for it all
They say I'm crazy, but I have a good time
I'm just looking for clues at the scene of the crime
Life's been good to me so far.