Redskins and Seahawks

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Hey...

Strange how we look at the same teams and see entirely different scenarios. :lol:

New York lost a physically and emotionally draining game against the Patriots. Now they've got to fly down to Tampa, where a very well rested (and well rounded) team awaits them.

I'll take the league's #2 defense at home vs. Eli Manning any day.

I'm not so sure the Bucs can go up and win in Green Bay, but I'm picking them this week.

...all you gotta do is look at my football picks to see what I know.

:buddies:

W

wkndbeacher

Coming into work this morning, all I heard on the radio was all the hosannas to Joe Gibbs for getting the skins into the playoffs. Don't get me wrong, I still think Gibbs is a great coach and he did keep this team together when they could have fallen apart a month ago...But..I doubt very seriously that the skins would have made the playoffs if Campbell hadn't gotten hurt. Campbell is still the future at QB and probably will start next year, but he is/was still a split second short on his decisions whereas Collins has trust in Saunders offense and goes with the flow.

How many people honestly think we'd be where we are if JC had stayed healthy??

:yeahthat: I ve talked to numerous Redskin fans and they say the same thing, its like theres been gasonline thrown onto their fire.

LordStanley

I know nothing
...you're blowing this out of proportion. It's not like he kneeled before the team and said "What can I do to help?"

I was laughing at your comment about failure to communicate. I think we still arent on the same page.

We both agree, that JC getting hurt was a good thing, since the skins and Collins are playing so much better without him in the line up.

AndyMarquisLIVE

Strange how we look at the same teams and see entirely different scenarios. :lol:

New York lost a physically and emotionally draining game against the Patriots. Now they've got to fly down to Tampa, where a very well rested (and well rounded) team awaits them.

I'll take the league's #2 defense at home vs. Eli Manning any day.

I'm not so sure the Bucs can go up and win in Green Bay, but I'm picking them this week.
I think you owe me an apology. :smack:

You've done a lot of trash talking lately, but I was right. Jason Campbell WAS the problem for the Washington offense. He sucks under pressure. I said it all year, and when JC went down, the Redskins were lit on fire.

big_poppa

Well to Larry and all the other Skins fans, nice ass whooping. You beat my team, and you beat them in every aspect of the game. Hell 1 total rushing yard, 1, what the hell??? Anyway I too figure you will roll through Seattle. I am looking forward to the game in Dallas. I am trying to allocate the funds to go right now. I also agree that if we don't change our entire attitude we will not fare well. However I don't think that will be the case. I truly feel we will have everyone back to full strength. As will you. I also feel that we may see Jason Campbell as your quaterback (that is the worst thing your coaching staff could do), and that will be the difference maker. If you ask anyone I know, at the beginning of the year I said three NFC teams would make the postseason, I just had the skins placed higher than the gnats (ha ha). All in all I still say, Dallas and Jax in the Super Bowl though. I have stuck with my story so far, and I am staying with it. Good luck fella's!!

AndyMarquisLIVE

Playing JC...

Well to Larry and all the other Skins fans, nice ass whooping. You beat my team, and you beat them in every aspect of the game. Hell 1 total rushing yard, 1, what the hell??? Anyway I too figure you will roll through Seattle. I am looking forward to the game in Dallas. I am trying to allocate the funds to go right now. I also agree that if we don't change our entire attitude we will not fare well. However I don't think that will be the case. I truly feel we will have everyone back to full strength. As will you. I also feel that we may see Jason Campbell as your quaterback (that is the worst thing your coaching staff could do), and that will be the difference maker. If you ask anyone I know, at the beginning of the year I said three NFC teams would make the postseason, I just had the skins placed higher than the gnats (ha ha). All in all I still say, Dallas and Jax in the Super Bowl though. I have stuck with my story so far, and I am staying with it. Good luck fella's!!
... would be a huge mistake.

The Redskins can do it - like OldHillcrestGuy said, if they keep playing like they have been the past 4 weeks. The defense is playing more agressive... after ST's death it must have woke them up, or better yet, made them dig down deep and find something to focus on.

Jason Campbell is the future, but still young... Todd Collins is more mature and seasoned, he makes good split second decisions. JC will get this in good time and can become the Redskins franchise player. I have said for years - Redskins has not had a "franchise" QB since Joe Theisman...

Also - if you notice, the offensive line is playing EXTREMELY well. Look at the protection they are giving the QB! I must be the only one seeing this as I have not hear shiat about it... but the front line has stepped up and given TC the time he needs to let the play develop.

The Redskins could quite possibly go deep into the playoffs...

DuffMan

...my thoughts are they will crush the Bucs and then they get #2 (while we got to Big D), Green Bay. Maybe I am wrong but I am just not very impressed with the Packers and certainly not Tampa Bay. Eli and the boys have got reason to believe now after that NE game.

I think that the Skins can beat Seattle but it won't be easy! Now you think New York will beat Green Bay??? What are you smoking? New York will not even make it past TB!

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Yeah...

I think that the Skins can beat Seattle but it won't be easy! Now you think New York will beat Green Bay??? What are you smoking? New York will not even make it past TB!

...Green bay hasn't impressed me much and they will impress me if they beat the Giants. They beat us. Having said that, they did beat the Giants in week 2 and we dominated everywhere but the score. Also, they played the AFC West which isn't much of a barometer whereas we, the NFC East, played the AFC East so it's easy to make deeper comparisons between us and the Giants.

I just think more of the Giants than the Pack at this point. Which is why we play the games.

DuffMan

...Green bay hasn't impressed me much and they will impress me if they beat the Giants. They beat us. Having said that, they did beat the Giants in week 2 and we dominated everywhere but the score. Also, they played the AFC West which isn't much of a barometer whereas we, the NFC East, played the AFC East so it's easy to make deeper comparisons between us and the Giants.

I just think more of the Giants than the Pack at this point. Which is why we play the games.

All I hear from Skins fan is how they should have been the Packers! Well look at it like this when the Packers played the Skins they were still trying to find that running game and the Skins knew they would throw the ball 35 to 40 + times just because they could not run. Now they have Grant who has been on fire the last 5 to 6 games which opens up two offensive fronts. The Skins are Iffy at stopping the run from time to time and the way the Packers use the Play action I think it woun't be as a close of a game as people think.

Don't get me wrong the Skins are on a roll but a true test in coming in Seattle! I don't think Seattle is strong but like someone said earlier that stadium is tough to play in because of the crowd noise.

LateApex

I'm not worried at all.

On this current win streak for the Skins who have they beat?

They were motivated to play well this last game to get into the playoffs.

Dallas wasn't.

OTOH I would have liked the Boys to play well, but more importantly I didn't want anyone to get hurt.

You will not get pass the Seahawks.

Although it would be nice so we could spank you in Dallas.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
And that is...

All I hear from Skins fan is how they should have been the Packers! Well look at it like this when the Packers played the Skins they were still trying to find that running game and the Skins knew they would throw the ball 35 to 40 + times just because they could not run. Now they have Grant who has been on fire the last 5 to 6 games which opens up two offensive fronts. The Skins are Iffy at stopping the run from time to time and the way the Packers use the Play action I think it woun't be as a close of a game as people think.

Don't get me wrong the Skins are on a roll but a true test in coming in Seattle! I don't think Seattle is strong but like someone said earlier that stadium is tough to play in because of the crowd noise.

...why we play the games! :buddies: