Redskins and Seahawks

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Well...

I'm not worried at all.

On this current win streak for the Skins who have they beat?

...for starters, a Chicago team that still had playoff hopes, then a Giants team that wasn't in the playoffs just yet and a Minnesota team who needed a win exactly as much as we did. Then, we beat the best offense in the NFC who started everyone healthy and wanted to get their ship righted instead of finishing on down notes the last couple weeks.

A good bit more impressive than Seattle's last four games.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
I
On this current win streak for the Skins who have they beat?

Chicago- @ Soldier Field A tough defensive team that ended up crushing GB and also took the starting QB out.

NYG- @ the Meadowlands. Another tough defensive team that lost to our backup QB. Playoff bound.

Minn- @ The Metrodome. The number 1 run defense in the league and a team :thisclose: to being the #6 seed, but could not dispose of a team led by a backup QB in their house. Adrian who?

Dallas- @ FedEx. A dominating performance in all phases of the game vs. one of the top 5 teams in total scoring. Even though Dallas "had nothing" to play for their starters were in for the entire 1st half and some into the mid 3rd. Don't give me the "TO excuse" because it's not going to fly. 1 yard rushing...

I spy a trend here 3 road wins in pretty tough places to play.

LateApex

Maybe no one looked up after that Washington loss. But did anyone realize only one team which already had qualified for the playoffs with nothing to tangibly gain by winning Game 16 actually won? That was Green Bay. But then the Packers, knowing they had to beat the Bears the previous week to force relevant Game 16's for themselves and the Cowboys, wound up losing to Chicago - a second time - a 7-9 team. Wonder if they lost any momentum? You want a list of losers, though? Try Indianapolis, Pittsburgh, Tampa Bay, Jacksonville, Seattle and Dallas. Oh, the Giants lost, too, but I'll give them a pass on that since they were at least fighting hard to uphold tradition in the NFL. So that's five of the NFL's eight division champions losing the final game of the season they did not have to win.

The three that did win, well, San Diego had to win to keep the AFC's third seed and avoid Jacksonville in the first round; Green Bay played a Lions team that lost seven of its last eight; and then there was New England, playing for historical sake, becoming the first team in NFL history to go 16-0.

Now how come you figure all that happened?

And then there were the last two wild-card entries, Washington and Tennessee. Each needed a victory to assure themselves that sixth seed in the NFC and AFC. Each won.

Anyone see any symmetry in all that?

If not, the sky is falling all over the country then.

Not only is "that game over with," so is the regular season. Wipe the slate clean. That is the beauty of the playoffs. The regular season only allows you to qualify for the playoffs. The regular season only sets you up in the playoffs. But the regular season assures nothing. The meek can inherit.

Everyone starts from scratch. You know what, 16-0 doesn't matter one bit. That doesn't spot you seven points in your first playoff game. The next two best records in the NFL, the 13-3 records of the Cowboys and Packers, don't win you a darn thing. Neither does 9-7.

Now it's simple: Win or go home.

Ask yourself this: If the Cowboys had beaten the Redskins and other than finishing 14-2, what would that have mattered heading into the playoffs? What would have changed?
Confidence? From beating no more than an 8-8 team?

Momentum? Meaning winning your last two games means more than the seven straight you already had won or the five straight before losing to New England, your only other loss this season?

Aw, phooey.

If that's the case, then New England, Indy, San Diego and Washington should be the Super Bowl favorites. Let's see. Pittsburgh has lost three of its last four; Tampa Bay three of its last four; the Giants two of their last three; the Seahawks two of their last three; the Titans but .500 over the final eight; and the Packers and Jaguars have gone 3-2 over the last five, as have the Cowboys.

Few are "streaking" into the playoffs.

Last edited:

LateApex

Chicago- @ Soldier Field A tough defensive team that ended up crushing GB and also took the starting QB out.

NYG- @ the Meadowlands. Another tough defensive team that lost to our backup QB. Playoff bound.

Minn- @ The Metrodome. The number 1 run defense in the league and a team :thisclose: to being the #6 seed, but could not dispose of a team led by a backup QB in their house. Adrian who?

Dallas- @ FedEx. A dominating performance in all phases of the game vs. one of the top 5 teams in total scoring. Even though Dallas "had nothing" to play for their starters were in for the entire 1st half and some into the mid 3rd. Don't give me the "TO excuse" because it's not going to fly. 1 yard rushing...

I spy a trend here 3 road wins in pretty tough places to play.

@ Chicago. Give me a break. They are a joke. We crushed them...

@ Minn. Also a joke. Do you really think that was a tough game?

@ Dallas. Playing a meaningless game. A game that I was praying no one would get hurt.

The TO excuse is very valid. Do you remember what he did against you last game?

It was in your house. You had everything to gain. We had nothing to gain, but everything to lose if a key player got hurt.

Just hope you make it pass Seattle...

Larry Gude

Strung Out
The hell...

Everyone starts from scratch. You know what, 16-0 doesn't matter one bit. That doesn't spot you seven points in your first playoff game. The next two best records in the NFL, the 13-3 records of the Cowboys and Packers, don't win you a darn thing. Neither does 9-7.

...it doesn't. Home teams have a long time statistical advantage in the playoffs. You get home field by winning more games than the other team. By winning more games you are establishing yourself as the better team and that does play out. 16-0 is the new standard for regular season dominance and makes them most likely to win it all.

There are plenty of exceptions, but, all in all, I'll take 16-0 and home at Fedex vs. the worst team to qualify rather than 9-7 and have to go all the way across country to play a good, solid team at their place.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Now you just got...

@ Chicago. Give me a break. They are a joke. We crushed them...

@ Minn. Also a joke. Do you really think that was a tough game?

@ Dallas. Playing a meaningless game. A game that I was praying no one would get hurt.

The TO excuse is very valid. Do you remember what he did against you last game?

...done arguing that the regular season doesn't mean much then it does?

:buddies:

LateApex

All last week my co-workers kept telling me that in 2 weeks they would go to Dallas and whoop our ass.

I politely told them not to overlook the Seahawks.

They are all ducking out of the halls at work this morning...

Heh...

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I said...

All last week my co-workers kept telling me that in 2 weeks they would go to Dallas and whoop our ass.

I politely told them not to overlook the Seahawks.

They are all ducking out of the halls at work this morning...

Heh...

...the same thing.

Portis, Moss, Sellers, a bunch of the Redskins came out flat. Seattle wanted it more, played harder and beat us. I also didn't like the play calling early. It was like a reversion back to pre-Collins.

LateApex

...the same thing.

Portis, Moss, Sellers, a bunch of the Redskins came out flat. Seattle wanted it more, played harder and beat us. I also didn't like the play calling early. It was like a reversion back to pre-Collins.

I really thought that you guys were going to pulling it off at the end.

I was actually hoping you guys would win.

It would have been a fun week!