Redskins @ Cowboys

GregV814

wanna take bets on who will QB the next game??? Sadly they will probably try RGIII (who?) and break a resurrected continuity

Larry Gude

Strung Out
wanna take bets on who will QB the next game??? Sadly they will probably try RGIII (who?) and break a resurrected continuity

Maybe not. They play a no name team so, it's not a 'BIG' game plus they have their bye the following week giving Bobby Trey from now until Nov. 16 to get back up to speed, such as it is, with only missing one more game.

The problem is that there is the argument that the Skins need to decide if Griffin is the guy or not. Clearly, he is not but, so much was wasted getting him that there is the desire to try and, somehow, justify the mistake by compounding it. That's just what people normally do; compound mistakes. So, instead of working with Cousins and McCoy, either of whom is a better overall QB than Robert, we'll spend the rest of the season getting false hopes with Robert until he gets hurt again. I mean, even if he plays well, a wish at this point, not a likelihood, he's still Robert. He's still going to get hurt again.

Thus life in Redskins Nation

Larry Gude

Strung Out
at dallass

Dallas' season ended. They had a wonderful moment, a challenge, an opportunity for the TEAM to step up and go get a win while their super star was out. A chance for the D to prove they are for real. A chance for the O line to prove they are for real. A chance to find new leaders, for the players to prove to themselves that they are on the right path. But, no. Jerry Jones was not up to the moment and showed all his players and coaches "No. I do not trust you. We MUST have our super star!!! You all are not good enough to step up!"

Tragic mistake. The Redskins are preparing to repeat it. It makes ALL the sense in the world to sit RGIII one more week, then the bye, then come back but, no.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
Dallas' season ended. They had a wonderful moment, a challenge, an opportunity for the TEAM to step up and go get a win while their super star was out. A chance for the D to prove they are for real. A chance for the O line to prove they are for real. A chance to find new leaders, for the players to prove to themselves that they are on the right path. But, no. Jerry Jones was not up to the moment and showed all his players and coaches "No. I do not trust you. We MUST have our super star!!! You all are not good enough to step up!"

Tragic mistake. The Redskins are preparing to repeat it. It makes ALL the sense in the world to sit RGIII one more week, then the bye, then come back but, no.

I agree. Colt was doing a great job but they are in such a hurry to get RGIII back on the field.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I agree. Colt was doing a great job but they are in such a hurry to get RGIII back on the field.

There is NO way, if the question is "What's our best shot at winning next week vs. the Vikings?" that RGIII is even in the discussion. No way.

We're, as a team, a marketing vehicle but, I'm not sure what for. What is Snyder selling? Not victory. Not winning ways. Not wisdom. It's all OCD, here, now, shiny, shiny.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
There is NO way, if the question is "What's our best shot at winning next week vs. the Vikings?" that RGIII is even in the discussion. No way.

We're, as a team, a marketing vehicle but, I'm not sure what for. What is Snyder selling? Not victory. Not winning ways. Not wisdom. It's all OCD, here, now, shiny, shiny.

I had to laugh yesterday when the news referred to RGIII and the Skin's franchise player. He's more like the team joke.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I had to laugh yesterday when the news referred to RGIII and the Skin's franchise player. He's more like the team joke.

Thus the perfect Redskin.

Now, we get to watch flashes of big time talent and play RGIII Injury roulette....place your bets, place your bets. This play? The next one? Over/under first half or second? Pick a quarter...

Beta

Smile!
What happened to Cousins?
He threw as many completions to his team as to the other team. You can't have a QB who keeps giving away the ball. Now he's the #3 QB.

Tom Brady is number one on that list.. he was NE's #4 QB.. where the norm is MAYBE 3.. they decided not to cut him and keep him as the #4.. then he just bided his time as through attrition he made it to the #2 spot, then Bledsoe got hurt.. like winning the lottery.
Looks like he was 4th in 2000 and then 2001 training camp. In 2000 he was behind Michael Bishop (promising kid from K-State that was drafted in 1998 or so) and John Friesz (who?). In 2001 it was Damon Huard and Michael Bishop. He beat out Bishop for the backup job in 2001 though, so really the luck was in staying on the team in 2000 and then Bledsoe getting hurt in 2001. But I agree.

What is even more interesting is that Brady, the #1 spot on the list, beat Warner, #2 on the list, in his first Super Bowl.

Maybe not. They play a no name team so, it's not a 'BIG' game plus they have their bye the following week giving Bobby Trey from now until Nov. 16 to get back up to speed, such as it is, with only missing one more game.

The problem is that there is the argument that the Skins need to decide if Griffin is the guy or not. Clearly, he is not but, so much was wasted getting him that there is the desire to try and, somehow, justify the mistake by compounding it. That's just what people normally do; compound mistakes. So, instead of working with Cousins and McCoy, either of whom is a better overall QB than Robert, we'll spend the rest of the season getting false hopes with Robert until he gets hurt again. I mean, even if he plays well, a wish at this point, not a likelihood, he's still Robert. He's still going to get hurt again.

Thus life in Redskins Nation

RGIII has "potential." Cousins gives the ball away every chance he gets and McCoy is an average backup QB at best. Why put any effort into either of them? You're right, they put a lot into RGIII, so giving up so quickly would be a HUGE mistake, especially considering the crummy alternatives. You're all drooling over McCoy who was dumped by Cleveland and only scored 20 points in that victory over Dallas. He was a game manager who didn't screw up. RGIII at least has the chance to be dynamic.

Completely agree. No reason to rush him back, but I think they feel like the Vikings is a winnable game that could get him back into the flow of things and boost his confidence. But it's a risky move.

Scoring 20 points is a great job? Coming back to beat the lowly Titans is a great job? That sounds desperate. He did a good job against a bad team (Titans) and did a decent job of not turning it over against Dallas. Cousins would have lost that game, so that's an improvement at least.