Redskins @ Cowboys

Midnightrider

There is NO way, if the question is "What's our best shot at winning next week vs. the Vikings?" that RGIII is even in the discussion. No way.

We're, as a team, a marketing vehicle but, I'm not sure what for. What is Snyder selling? Not victory. Not winning ways. Not wisdom. It's all OCD, here, now, shiny, shiny.

i would like to think they are thinking more long term. As in who gives us the best chance to win the most games this season and next. i also think they are going to deal colt away in the off season and didn't want him looking like a turd in his last start. Now he goes out as the guy who beat dallas and would be the starter if all things were equal. maybe thats just hoping, but we certainly aren't going to be able to trade cousins.....

Larry Gude

Strung Out
i would like to think they are thinking more long term. As in who gives us the best chance to win the most games this season and next. i also think they are going to deal colt away in the off season and didn't want him looking like a turd in his last start. Now he goes out as the guy who beat dallas and would be the starter if all things were equal. maybe thats just hoping, but we certainly aren't going to be able to trade cousins.....

Is there any question, really, at this point, that Robert is a wonderful athlete who will spend much of whatever time he has left as a player in the NFL injured? I sincerely do not think he will make it through Sunday without being injured again. The Vikes have a heck of a pass rush.

He can't help himself. He tries so hard, he just inevitably gets hurt. And, in the mean time, because I am convinced he is not the answer, every down he gets is one less for Colt and Kirk to see if one of them grabs the reins. Honestly, who would prefer Robert over Colt at this point? Beside the only man whose opinion matters? :shrug:

Midnightrider

Is there any question, really, at this point, that Robert is a wonderful athlete who will spend much of whatever time he has left as a player in the NFL injured? I sincerely do not think he will make it through Sunday without being injured again. The Vikes have a heck of a pass rush.

He can't help himself. He tries so hard, he just inevitably gets hurt. And, in the mean time, because I am convinced he is not the answer, every down he gets is one less for Colt and Kirk to see if one of them grabs the reins. Honestly, who would prefer Robert over Colt at this point? Beside the only man whose opinion matters? :shrug:

I think Robert gets one more shot. If he misses any more games we have to move on. However, I don't think colt or Kirk are the long term answer. If by some miracle Robert stays healthy, I think he does give us the best chance to win.

Colt really isn't that unlike Robert on the injury front. He had an ankle injury early and then that concussion that basically ended his time in Cleveland.