Redskins Pre-Season

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Yes Oz...

...the Steelers won and that is all that matters but as a guage to where the Skins are vs. a top team like Pittsburgh, what you're saying is if we had ANYONE but Ramsey we would have won such a close game, right?

Bottom line; he IS our QB. Brunnel is now in the position of the veteran backup which is where he should be. I have no idea what you are basing ANY thoughts of him being the guy again. Ramsey has upside, Mark does not.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Bruz...

...yes, Snyder is the 'problem' when compared to the consistency and patience of the Steelers.

He is not the problem when compared to teams like the Cards, until recently the Bengals and so forth. Dan is willing to spend the money. Now, he just has to grow into accepting that football is a team chemistry game, which takes
time.

Right or wrong in terms of how he's gone about it, as a fan I know he wants to win.

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
Larry Gude said:
Bottom line; he IS our QB. Brunnel is now in the position of the veteran backup which is where he should be. I have no idea what you are basing ANY thoughts of him being the guy again. Ramsey has upside, Mark does not.

Since that is the bottom line, I hope you're right.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Ok...

Oz said:
Since that is the bottom line, I hope you're right.

...let's say we do things your way instead of just 'hope'; bench Ramsey and put Mark back in, what then?

Brunnel had trouble with the quick outs and crossing patterns of last years short pass, ball control O. How is he going to do now with wideouts brought in specifically to run deep fades and deep posts?

So Mark suddenly is younger and can make those throws as he once could while Ramsey remains this useless question mark on the bench?

Move Cambell up to untested #2?

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
Larry Gude said:
...let's say we do things your way instead of just 'hope'; bench Ramsey and put Mark back in, what then?

Brunnel had trouble with the quick outs and crossing patterns of last years short pass, ball control O. How is he going to do now with wideouts brought in specifically to run deep fades and deep posts?

So Mark suddenly is younger and can make those throws as he once could while Ramsey remains this useless question mark on the bench?

Move Cambell up to untested #2?

Larry - I ~WANT~ to be as optimistic as you. Really! I would love for Ramsey to be a Pro Bowl QB this year. It can happen. I think two years of Spurrier were nothing more than year 5 and 6 of college ball. Spurrier never had an experienced NFL coach on his offensive staff. Ramsey's pro experience was last year, partial season.

If Brunell can throw to the correct receiver, their job is Yards After Catch. That's why they got rid of the #1 and #2 receivers from last year. Those guys could stretch the field. The smaller receivers are supposed to be more stealth. Not to catch a ball 40 yards from the line of scrimmage, but to catch it and run for an additional 40 yards. (I'll settle for 10 or 20...)

So what you're saying is that if Brunell sucks as bad as Ramsey, then we're really screwed... I agree! I think it's going to be another long season, filled with moments of hope and too much disappointment. I hope I'm wrong!

I don't think Gibbs would trust a rookie QB with the football. So speculating about that is even more pointless. But next season, or maybe the season after, Campbell might be a stud!

Daddy_O

Big Wheelin'
!

I don't think Gibbs would trust a rookie QB with the football. So speculating about that is even more pointless. But next season, or maybe the season after, Campbell might be a stud![/QUOTE]

I agree with that also, I like Cambell as a QB, but it will do him no good if he is thrown in there with no experiance. he might end up just like Ramsey, lost and confused. I think the best for Ramsey is to get a new start somewhere on a team that is stable, and then be given the go ahead. This year I just hope he can pull it together to get the ball in the endzone

donbarzini

Oz said:
While Larry's defending a 4th year quarterback who sucks, your Steelers have a rookie phenom entering his second year! So much for Larry's 5 year theory. :ohwell:

Phenom??? Please!!! My 90yo grandmother could have stood up behind that line and handed the ball to the bus 35 times a game!!!

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Dude...

Larry - I ~WANT~ to be as optimistic as you. Really!

There is no try, only DO.

Every year every team is dissapointing except one and the closer you are to being the one, the further you get, the deeper the dissapointment and the higher the high if you get there.

The Skins are 0-0, everyone is down on Gibbs and Ramsey and it's just a marketing business that glues us down irrationally every Sunday all fall.

I intend to enjoy it as much as possible every step of the way. When the yscrew up I will throw my kraut laden braunsweiger at the TV. When the ydo good I'll spill beer everywhere.

I am a homer, a Skins fan through and though. It is in my blood and I can't help it. The day I start a season and can't make an argument for the playoffs and maybe even more is the day I just won't care enoguh to put the time and emotion into it.

Hail to the Redskins!
Hail Victory!
Braves on the Warpath!
Fight for old D.C.!
Run or pass and score -- we want a lot more!
Beat 'em, Swamp 'em,
Touchdown! -- Let the points soar!
Fight on, fight on 'Til you have won
Sons of Wash-ing-ton. Rah!, Rah!, Rah!

No one, not no terrible towels, not no pirate Raiders, not no cheeseheads, not no Browns, Birds, Giants or Titans and especially not no gravy sucking pigs...

IS THE WASHINGTON REDSKINS

If you got a chill, if you can now see the promise land, you are a Skins fan.
Hail to the Redskins!
Hail Victory!
Braves on the Warpath!
Fight for old D.C.!

B

Bruzilla

donbarzini said:
Phenom??? Please!!! My 90yo grandmother could have stood up behind that line and handed the ball to the bus 35 times a game!!!

If only it were that easy I'm sure your grandmother would have played for less than Big Ben and would have gotten the contract. :lol:

Besides, a great quarterback is worthless if he doesn't have someone to throw to, and thank God we've got Hines Ward.

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
donbarzini said:

You won't find any QB with a bad O-Line impressing anyone or winning games. Ramsey has had solid protection this preseason, and he still sucks. So I doubt your grandmother could have much of an impact either.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
There you go again...

Oz said:
You won't find any QB with a bad O-Line impressing anyone or winning games. Ramsey has had solid protection this preseason, and he still sucks. So I doubt your grandmother could have much of an impact either.

...always with the negativity...

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
Larry Gude said:
...always with the negativity...

He HAS had solid protection from the O-Line.

He HAS had plenty of time to throw to the correct receiver.

He HAS sucked anyway.

Truth hurts... :bubble:

Go 'Skins!

donbarzini

Bruzilla said:
If only it were that easy I'm sure your grandmother would have played for less than Big Ben and would have gotten the contract. :lol:

Besides, a great quarterback is worthless if he doesn't have someone to throw to, and thank God we've got Hines Ward.

Hey, my grandmother lives in Massachusetts, and taught Brady everything he knows :razz: :razz: :lol:

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
I dunno Larry... Looks like more of the same to me. Gonna' need beer goggles to sustain this season if it goes this way.

What's even more amazing is that the Ravens won a Super Bowl with a crummy offense and an awesome defense. The key was to have a QB who didn't throw away the game. Here's part 3 to the QB controversy... Trade Ramsey for Trent Dilfer!!!

willie

Bruzilla said:
You'all sound like a bunch of homeless people arguing over the best way to decorate your box/house. Why waste your time talking about what coulda, woulda, shouda been done with the Redskins and just start chanting...

STEELERS! STEELERS! STEELERS! STEELERS! STEELERS!
NFL
Pittsburgh 10
vs.
Washington 17

:cheers:

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
tomchamp said:
Heath Shuler Washington

By Norvall Turner, QB Genius...

Just remembered - Heath is running for Congress in his hometown... :yay:

Last edited: