Redskins sign...

Otter

Nothing to see here
...DeAngelo Hall to a one year deal.

Good signing.:yay:

High upside, low risk.

Low risk??? HE WAS CUT BY THE RAIDERS..unless they got him at the minimum..Someone doesn't fall as far as he has in the last year without some issue going on, hell, I think he's only 24..

He's gone from a 7 year, $72 Million deal to a 1 year, $492K deal. With a little luck, that gets a message across to him. Also, he knows he's only got half a year to show someone else why they should give him another big contract. Motivation enough to keep him straight? Let's hope so.

BuddyLee

Football addict
Low risk??? HE WAS CUT BY THE RAIDERS..unless they got him at the minimum..Someone doesn't fall as far as he has in the last year without some issue going on, hell, I think he's only 24..

1) 1 year deal. Not costly from what I'm hearing. We can cut him if he doesn't work out.

2) You're right, he's only 24. Huge upside.

3) Hall has never played under a decent safety and defense.

4) Yes, he was cut by the Raiders. Better yet, he was cut by Al DAvis. You taking his word these days? In fact, plenty of Raiders players are furious at the cut.

5) You willing to take the chance that Springs will be healthy for the entire season? I'm not. Smoot is a bit banged up as well.

6) Hall can play punt-returner for ST. Something we've been lacking in El.

7) With a depleted safety position, Springs can fill in if needed.

8) If you're with crap organizations you're bound to fail as a player too. Al Davis gave him a whopping 8 games. After the Atlanta coaching debacle, the team traded him Miami-style to obtain picks for the future.

I think Hall is over-rated but he's decent enough to be on the field. Don't tell me you'd rather have J.T. Tyron or Leigh Torrence out there.:lol:

I was against this at first but if they signed him for this type of deal I was all for it. The Skins don't give up much and they get a lot of potential if he performs well. Hall knows that if he doesn't perform with this team that his NFL career is likely on the line.

Last edited:

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
1) 1 year deal. Not costly from what I'm hearing. We can cut him if he doesn't work out.

2) You're right, he's only 24. Huge upside.

3) Hall has never played under a decent safety and defense.

4) Yes, he was cut by the Raiders. Better yet, he was cut by Al DAvis. You taking his word these days? In fact, plenty of Raiders players are furious at the cut.

5) You willing to take the chance that Springs will be healthy for the entire season? I'm not. Smoot is a bit banged up as well.

6) Hall can play punt-returner for ST. Something we've been lacking in El.

7) With a depleted safety position, Springs can fill in if needed.

8) If you're with crap organizations you're bound to fail as a player too. Al Davis gave him a whopping 8 games. After the Atlanta coaching debacle, the team traded him Miami-style to obtain picks for the future.

I think Hall is over-rated but he's decent enough to be on the field. Don't tell me you'd rather have J.T. Tyron or Leigh Torrence out there.:lol:

I was against this at first but if they signed him for this type of deal I was all for it. The Skins don't give up much and they get a lot of potential if he performs well. Hall knows that if he doesn't perform with this team that his NFL career is likely on the line.

I agree. They made some smart moves signing him and Sean Alexander of late.

Much better than the Adam Jones deal Dallas made. :ohwell:

I agree, for the money they're paying him he's worth the risk. If he becomes a distraction or doesn't pan out on the field, they can cut him. We need the depth in the secondary.

I'm surprised that his agent couldn't find someone to give him a little sweeter deal - unless he really wanted to come here and play for a decent team.

Otter

Nothing to see here
I'm surprised that his agent couldn't find someone to give him a little sweeter deal

I don't know..8 games into a 70mill contract and let go..I still say there are issues there somewhere, even if it was the most dysfunctional team in the league that let him go.

BuddyLee

Football addict
I'm surprised that his agent couldn't find someone to give him a little sweeter deal - unless he really wanted to come here and play for a decent team.
Here's the thing...

His agent is the same agent that represents Jason Campbell. I bet that agent is looking for a sweet deal when Campbell's contract comes around.

Hall calls home in the Virginia area so why not play for Washington? He played for Virginia Tech.

There were about 15 teams that were reported interested. Those included the Saints, Giants, Cowboys, and Patriots were most interested.

BuddyLee

Football addict
I don't know..8 games into a 70mill contract and let go..I still say there are issues there somewhere, even if it was the most dysfunctional team in the league that let him go.
It's Al Davis!:lmao:

They were just talking about letting go their top wide receiver too, Javon Walker.

He's crazy like a fox! I hate that commercial.

Here's the thing...

His agent is the same agent that represents Jason Campbell. I bet that agent is looking for a sweet deal when Campbell's contract comes around.

Hall calls home in the Virginia area so why not play for Washington? He played for Virginia Tech.

There were about 15 teams that were reported interested. Those included the Saints, Giants, Cowboys, and Patriots were most interested.

Yeah, that's why I was thinking he might have wanted to come here specifically.

jetmonkey

I agree, for the money they're paying him he's worth the risk. If he becomes a distraction or doesn't pan out on the field, they can cut him. We need the depth in the secondary.

After he got toasted on national television giving up a league record game to Brandon Marshall? lols

Larry Gude

Strung Out

He's gone from a 7 year, $72 Million deal to a 1 year, $492K deal. With a little luck, that gets a message across to him. Also, he knows he's only got half a year to show someone else why they should give him another big contract. Motivation enough to keep him straight? Let's hope so.

...uh, would you do your best for 7 year/72 mil or would you risk ending up with a 1/2 mil?

otter said it; the Raiders cut him. The Raiders.

All this proves is that Vin and Dan still like anything shiny and new that catches their attention.

jetmonkey

I'd guess the only reason they signed him is because of their injury problems. And their Leigh Torrance problem.

jetmonkey

More football news. The Bronco's Torrain Train is officially over after less than one game. They are on what, their seventh string RB now?