Redskins sign...

Otter

Nothing to see here
Besides getting us to the playoffs for 2 yrs, Gibbs left a class act team, for the most part. Hard workers, guys that play with their brains, achievers..With all the athletism someone like Hall brings, if he has a sour attitude, he's not worth it. I think his track record speaks for itself. Once a jackass, always a jackass..Wasted money.

BuddyLee

Football addict
Besides getting us to the playoffs for 2 yrs, Gibbs left a class act team, for the most part. Hard workers, guys that play with their brains, achievers..With all the athletism someone like Hall brings, if he has a sour attitude, he's not worth it. I think his track record speaks for itself. Once a jackass, always a jackass..Wasted money.
I agree with that.

Hopefully they kick him to the curb if he acts a fool.

BuddyLee

Football addict
See, this is an issue of the English language, as I see it. If you KNOW what kind of player he is, then it is not 50/50. You KNOW. Have you been reviewing Raider game film, comparing what he did in 8 games this season versus what defense was called?

The Raiders KNOW what kind of player he is, they had him, and they let him go. It's gonna take him time to get into our system. It's gonna take time for everyone to get to know one another and how they react on the field. It could be a month, game 12 or so, before he gets any meaningful time.
Given our corner play has been fantastic and Springs is gonna come back probably before week 12, this looks more like a move to keep him away from other teams than any actual benefit to us.

We'll see.
Ah, let me clarify then. I don't necessarily know what kind of player he is exactly. I don't know if he'll fail miserably or succeed. I can base that off his 20 Intercepton career and good years in Atlanta or I can base it off the last eight games in the black hole.

According to "the talking heads":lol: he was a bad fit for the Raiders. The Redskins know about that better than anyone. :adamarchuleta:

The last point is a good one and one I've thought of beforehand. The main issue that I have with Hall is that of DB chemistry. I think that is very under-rated in football, chemistry. Like we surmised earlier, we'll have to wait and see. For now, he'll only be taking over the 4th CB spot, which Leigh Torrence held.

I think most people who watch the NFL would rather have Hall over Torrence.

BuddyLee

Football addict
http://www.sacbee.com/static/weblogs...es/016757.html

ALAMEDA - Here's what we learned today:
Those of you that think waiving DeAngelo Hall would somehow make Nnamdi Asomugha happy because it might mean more money for him are wrong.

Asomugha was not too happy with what's going on in Oakland after finding out Hall had been waived.

"He had eight games to prove himself which is what really got me," Asomugha said. "I was sitting at home last night, watching the election and all that and excited, and then he calls me, hurt, because he wanted to finish out the season here. And he told me he was getting cut and it was just shocking. I couldn't make any sense of it. He had eight games to prove himself. I don't think that was enough."

Asomugha said Hall was playing better. And he wasn't the only one who thought so.

Here's interim head coach Tom Cable on Oct. 27:
"He really has become the DeAngelo I know from Atlanta. His confidence is back up. I think early on we may have asked to play a little more off coverage and those types of things, but that's not really is his personality, that's now who he is. He wants to be up on you, challenge you. He knows he's going to get a bunch of balls thrown his way because no one wants to throw to Nnam. I think yesterday, hopefully is a version of what the future holds, he's a very, very good player. I had the fortune of being around him early and seeing that. To me it was just getting him back where he likes to play, up on you and don't let people have all that room. Anybody can catch a football if you don't get up on him, cover him."....

So was there some behind-the-scenes problem?
"Not with DeAngelo," Cable said. "DeAngelo's been a pleasure to have here. No issues that way."

Was it about Hall's effort?
"I'm not going to get into that," Cable said. "We've made a decision, and it's over, and we're moving forward."

The team saved $16 million by waiving Hall but contends the decision wasn't about money.

But how else do you explain waiving a player that ballyhooed as a savior on defense, so much so, he was worth a deal that could have paid him $70 million?

The team said it was about performance. But how long did Larry Brown last as a Raider cornerback?

"That's why I can't make any sense of it," Asomugha said. "I don't know exactly what went into the release but he's been playing, he's been getting better with each game. He's a good player in this league, I think we all know that. We all know (Oakland is) probably the most difficult place to play if you're a corner, no matter who you are, no matter how much you get paid. He came in and the first game was rough but he got better since then. A lot of blame went to him. I just didn't think it was right."

Click link for entire article....

Larry Gude

Strung Out

Ah, let me clarify then. I don't necessarily know what kind of player he is exactly. I don't know if he'll fail miserably or succeed. I can base that off his 20 Intercepton career and good years in Atlanta or I can base it off the last eight games in the black hole.

According to "the talking heads":lol: he was a bad fit for the Raiders. The Redskins know about that better than anyone. :adamarchuleta:

The last point is a good one and one I've thought of beforehand. The main issue that I have with Hall is that of DB chemistry. I think that is very under-rated in football, chemistry. Like we surmised earlier, we'll have to wait and see. For now, he'll only be taking over the 4th CB spot, which Leigh Torrence held.

I think most people who watch the NFL would rather have Hall over Torrence.

...this is one of the ugly side affects of the bye week; pages and pages of serious, deep talk about a washed up CB.

:lol:

BuddyLee

Football addict
...this is one of the ugly side affects of the bye week; pages and pages of serious, deep talk about a washed up CB.

:lol:

Oh, just wait until the off-season.

We'll be discussing drafting punters and bringing in a variety of kickers again.:roflmao:

BuddyLee

Football addict
http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/77315

Click link for entire article

Al Davis strips coordinator's play-calling duties

It was widely reported Tuesday that Raiders interim head coach Tom Cable stripped offensive coordinator Greg Knapp of his play-calling duties. Not quite. Numerous Raiders sources confirmed that managing general partner Al Davis was the one who told Knapp he no longer would call plays this season. Cable was responsible for calling the plays in Sunday's 17-6 loss to the Panthers at the Coliseum. "Knapp just happened to be the next in line to be a scapegoat," said one source, speaking on the condition of anonymity but eager to clarify who stripped the play-calling duties from the offensive coordinator. Under Davis' orders, Knapp had been calling plays since shortly before head coach Lane Kiffin was dismissed Sept. 30.
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Al Davis' ego appears to have outgrown his desire to win football games. It's sad really, he used to be a big part of what was good about the NFL.

Fans in Oakland should look on the bright side though - maybe Al will decide that they are what is holding his team back and move the Raiders back to L.A. (if L.A. would take them).

Otter

Nothing to see here
Al Davis' ego appears to have outgrown his desire to win football games. It's sad really, he used to be a big part of what was good about the NFL.

Fans in Oakland should look on the bright side though - maybe Al will decide that they are what is holding his team back and move the Raiders back to L.A. (if L.A. would take them).

Al is suffering from alzheimers or whatever, eventually someone will take the Raiders away from him. Brave it's sooner rather than later, raider fans.

BuddyLee

Football addict
Since 2004

Redskins combined defensive back interceptions = 20

Deangelo Hall since 2004 = 20

Interception return yards

Redskins defensive backs = 367

Deangelo Hall = 249

Interceptions returned for a TD

Redskins defensive backs = 1

Deangelo Hall = 2