Redskins to get some Luck?

struggler44

A Salute to all on Watch
There may be a few reasons not to draft a QB. There are 10x as many reasons not to, however.

If you covet a guy, grab him now or forever be run by Rex and the retreads.

To me, there is no other option. None. Zilch. Nothing. Not an inkling. Any other plausible football mind would agree and already has.

You can put a new engine in a '74 Pinto but in the end, you still have a '74 Pinto. I totally agree that this is the time to step up and get a QB that may be able to be a cornerstone to a brighter future because all we've had was someone else's leftovers. Hopefully this is a new chapter in Redskin history that will look more like the '80s Skins and not the past 20 yrs of misery.

thurley42

HY;FR
You can put a new engine in a '74 Pinto but in the end, you still have a '74 Pinto. I totally agree that this is the time to step up and get a QB that may be able to be a cornerstone to a brighter future because all we've had was someone else's leftovers. Hopefully this is a new chapter in Redskin history that will look more like the '80s Skins and not the past 20 yrs of misery.

Well said.. You also have to make sure the chasis isn't rusted out so that the engine spills out all over the highway leaking fluid everywhere!:killingme

Larry Gude

Strung Out

No one has traded away so much for one guy and done well. All sorts of teams have traded away one guy or one pick and cleaned up and built long term solid teams.

The idea is that we can, magically, get solid linemen and skill people with very few draft picks to use or trade when we could not do that when we had picks to use or trade and that magic is a rookie quarterback.

donbarzini

like this?

Attachments

• imagesCA2MY652.jpg
    imagesCA2MY652.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 55

struggler44

A Salute to all on Watch
No one has traded away so much for one guy and done well. All sorts of teams have traded away one guy or one pick and cleaned up and built long term solid teams.

The idea is that we can, magically, get solid linemen and skill people with very few draft picks to use or trade when we could not do that when we had picks to use or trade and that magic is a rookie quarterback.

I have to hope that whoever we pick as the future QB can survive until more talent can come to us; we will have to give up something in order to better ourselves and we don't have much that other teams want, maybe Orakpo or Kerrigan could draw favor but the rest, not so much.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I have to hope that whoever we pick as the future QB can survive until more talent can come to us; we will have to give up something in order to better ourselves and we don't have much that other teams want, maybe Orakpo or Kerrigan could draw favor but the rest, not so much.

We have a selfish pot head at left tackle and another dope is our best skill person. The rest of the O line is questionable at best as is the running game.

The heart and soul of the team, Fletcher, is being dicked around for a few bucks by a team that lavishes millions on people who've done nothing for the team. Orakpo is not an all pro. The D is middle of the road.

The weight on this kid will be enormous and it simply does not matter how good he is; it is a team game. Evfen Peyton, as close to a one man show as we've seen in some time, since Marino, had excellent skill people and a top notch O line and still needed some pro bowl defenders to win it all.

Recipe for disaster.

thurley42

HY;FR
We have a selfish pot head at left tackle and another dope is our best skill person. The rest of the O line is questionable at best as is the running game.

The heart and soul of the team, Fletcher, is being dicked around for a few bucks by a team that lavishes millions on people who've done nothing for the team. Orakpo is not an all pro. The D is middle of the road.

The weight on this kid will be enormous and it simply does not matter how good he is; it is a team game. Evfen Peyton, as close to a one man show as we've seen in some time, since Marino, had excellent skill people and a top notch O line and still needed some pro bowl defenders to win it all.

Recipe for disaster.

I think it's safe to say, whomever goes 1 or 2, the weight on both will be alot to bare.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I think it's safe to say, whomever goes 1 or 2, the weight on both will be alot to bare.

That is true but, whomever Indy picks won't have the * next to them that says 'three #1's were traded for this guy RIGHT HERE"

Watch them pick RGIII. They've had time to think it over and explore some more. Griffin may have more upside for a rebuilding team. :shrug:

thurley42

HY;FR
That is true but, whomever Indy picks won't have the * next to them that says 'three #1's were traded for this guy RIGHT HERE"

Watch them pick RGIII. They've had time to think it over and explore some more. Griffin may have more upside for a rebuilding team. :shrug:

You are right, they will have the * Colts gave up the greatest QB of all time for this pick.

No pressure, no diamonds.

There's a difference of being a Top prospect coming into something resembling an offense, and having a savy veteran to teach you things....and coming into the Redskins and Sexy Rexy picking his nose and wiping it on the locker...

BuddyLee

Football addict
It's not that I don't agree.....it's just I hate to see a kids career over before it begins..

When you have statues as QBs (McNabb and Rex) you're going to have more hits than anyone else.

I like the Skins drafting a RT in the 3rd round. They have linemen who can get the job done. Depth at line is the problem and has been for years. Remember, quality linemen can be picked up beyond the first two rounds. Furthermore, in this particular scheme linemen are judged much differently.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
You are right, they will have the * Colts gave up the greatest QB of all time for this pick.

Thing is, if they pick Luck, no pressure on him. He was supposed to be #1. If they pick RGIII, no pressure, the Colts had the first pick and could do as they please. If Luck falls to Skins, no pressure on Luck because he isn't what they traded for and if Griffin turns out better, the Colts were smart. If Luck is better, the Skins got Lucky.

If RGIII goes to the Skins as is, the weight of the NFL world is on him; unstable organization, absurd trade cost, the Shanahans in a must win now mode, team with LOTS of problems.

BuddyLee

Football addict

There's a difference of being a Top prospect coming into something resembling an offense, and having a savy veteran to teach you things....and coming into the Redskins and Sexy Rexy picking his nose and wiping it on the locker...

So they should have went after Manning?:lol:

Rex isn't the best ball handler but he's taken on the role as back-up, knows the team and system well.

BuddyLee

Football addict
Thing is, if they pick Luck, no pressure on him. He was supposed to be #1. If they pick RGIII, no pressure, the Colts had the first pick and could do as they please. If Luck falls to Skins, no pressure on Luck because he isn't what they traded for and if Griffin turns out better, the Colts were smart. If Luck is better, the Skins got Lucky.

If RGIII goes to the Skins as is, the weight of the NFL world is on him; unstable organization, absurd trade cost, the Shanahans in a must win now mode, team with LOTS of problems.

I disagree. Shanny was in a must now win mode but not any longer. This move buys him a few years.

thurley42

HY;FR

I think Luck is the one with the pressure. The Colts gave up Manning for him....they are resting the franchise on his arm.....the last person to have that pressure and live up to it was.........well, it was Manning.

RGIII isn't going to be expected to win, because he doesn't have the tools to do it.....he's a great athlete that makes a lot of throws, but he hasn't been touted as the next son of Zeus his entire career.

I like RGIII, he's impressed me with his interviews, and what I've seen out of him since the offseason started. The pressure around him has been caused by the Redskins, so they only have themselves to blame.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I disagree. Shanny was in a must now win mode but not any longer. This move buys him a few years.

Really? So, 5-11 going to be OK again? And the year after? You think Griffin won't start next season? If he does, 5-11 will be a heck of an accomplishment.

BuddyLee

Football addict
Really? So, 5-11 going to be OK again? And the year after? You think Griffin won't start next season? If he does, 5-11 will be a heck of an accomplishment.
With the schedule next year, I would be surprised to see us win 6 or more games. I believe the Redskins believe they're in re-build mode now. When Shanny first arrived he thought he could turn the team around and win now. There has been a youth movement ever since McNabb and Haynesworthless were shipped out.

The old guard is gone or on the way out.

5-11 isn't OK, obviously. With a rookie QB and a team who shows potential and promise for the future, that could help things out for sure.