Refresh my memory please

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
The Nightlife was in the LOWER LEVEL of that location, but I can't remember the name of the front Bar and Restaurant at the time. The man that ran the Nightlife went on to open the Night Life on Great Mills road, the old Bowling Alley building now Cadillac Jacks.
Po'Boy's was the name of the sub shop.
Once upon a time ago, it was also named "Pearl's". My sisters used to waitress there eons ago, iffin' we're talking about the same place.
I bow to you ..Po Boy's it was ...!!!

Roberta

OLD WISE ONE
Once upon a time ago, it was also named "Pearl's". My sisters used to waitress there eons ago, iffin' we're talking about the same place.

Yes, same place. I used to wash dished on Fri and Sat nights. I could not waitress because I was not 16.

ontheriver

I think.....I know you people

this is scary

let's see, a few more: Phone Booth, the bar at the Belvedere, Silver Dollar, and BRI was Rex's store

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
I look back and my numbed memory says:

Duffy's
Hideaway
Charlie's Villa
Tall Timbers*
*only because they served the very young

Bowling alley still upstairs ?

The lanes are still there, but it is only used for storage... I don't know when they actually closed the bowling alley, definitely before it was my stomping grounds, which would have been in the 70's . My Dad tells the story of the gas rationing (I am assuming during the late 40's) and how he would work at the bowling alley on the weekends so that he could be out after the curfew... He was a pin setter, actually set the pins up manually ....

toppick08

The lanes are still there, but it is only used for storage... I don't know when they actually closed the bowling alley, definitely before it was my stomping grounds, which would have been in the 70's . My Dad tells the story of the gas rationing (I am assuming during the late 40's) and how he would work at the bowling alley on the weekends so that he could be out after the curfew... He was a pin setter, actually set the pins up manually ....

:yay:...There were a lot of houses now built that were drawn on napkins...over coffee at Duke's bar...:wink: