Refresh my memory please

Dupontster

Would THIS face lie?
The Harley Bus? I have a pic of that somewhere. I'd post it if I knew how to do so.

I remember Mary Helen Pilkertons Harbor View in Compton. Down there near Fitzies. Her old building has been knocked down and big houses put there. Kind of sad.

Mary Helen and her son Bobby AKA Knobby
Oh and don't forget Diddy...Mary Helens husband

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
anybody remember Mary Helen and Harborview Inn, the old Dock of the Bay, The Backroad Inn before Jim remodeled it. The Leonardtown Wharf, The Country Store. Betty Russells is still opened and hasnt changed a bit, much like the Hole in the Wall. Dukes Bar, Town Inn, Bennetts, before it became Rendevouz. Had good times in all of them and met some damn nice people. Sure do miss the old places and the people who used to frequent them.

Yes to every one of the above. I actually toyed with the idea of making Helen an offer for her place. The price she was asking at the time seemed a bit steep though: 175K for the whole mess. :kickingselfvigorously:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
II guess you never stopped in Harbor View, Leonardtown Wharf, or Coles Point...Sammy & Jimmy Lanham

All of the above..different trips. LOL I mentioned Coles Point in an earlier post in this thread..as being one of the few bright spots in this long trip down lost-memory lane, because Coles is put back together and rocking again. woo hoo.

ginwoman

I was working at LW when Happy Feet played there....They were a big thing back then....They would pack that place...They used to do a couple shows around 10 and midnight....They were really good....He used to get some good bands in there....

Were you a bartender? Jim's getting some good bands at BRI too. He even has bluegrass on occasion. The main focus down there now a days is Corn Hole, lol.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Were you a bartender? Jim's getting some good bands at BRI too. He even has bluegrass on occasion. The main focus down there now a days is Corn Hole, lol.

No, he was the guy in the parking lot selling weed. :cool:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member

I was a 'regular' for a while when Jim was doing the 8 buck all you could eat oyster days on certain weekends. Have not been there for a few years, though..he still doing that?

ginwoman

I was a 'regular' for a while when Jim was doing the 8 buck all you could eat oyster days on certain weekends. Have not been there for a few years, though..he still doing that?

Don't know. I'm not what you would call a regular. I go down sometimes when hubby is playing horseshoes or maybe to watch his old dart team play (they play out of BRI now)

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Duke's Bar is now a bookstore.

Speaking of that corner in L'town... I ended up buying the massive/gorgeous mahogany "J" shaped bar that resided in the hotel. Had great plans for that behemoth to be installed in my place...and then it went up in a fire along with most of the brass I had bought from Nockleby after she closed. Those that remember..remember that Nockleby's had a LOT of brass everywhere..LOL.

*sniff* I don't know how old that beautiful piece of mahogany work was...but you don't often see bars made like that any more.

Dupontster

Would THIS face lie?
Speaking of that corner in L'town... I ended up buying the massive/gorgeous mahogany "J" shaped bar that resided in the hotel. Had great plans for that behemoth to be installed in my place...and then it went up in a fire along with most of the brass I had bought from Nockleby after she closed. Those that remember..remember that Nockleby's had a LOT of brass everywhere..LOL.

*sniff* I don't know how old that beautiful piece of mahogany work was...but you don't often see bars made like that any more.

You mean the old Leonardtown hotel? You're starting to tell your age if you remember that....I have VERY faint memories of the old hotel...It was right where Corner Critters and Reynolds Pharmacy is now...Remember Friendly Bar and Town Inn right there too? G&H Jewelers was in that little strip there too...Dickie Gatton & Frankie Harris

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
You mean the old Leonardtown hotel? You're starting to tell your age if you remember that....I have VERY faint memories of the old hotel...

No, I don't remember ever going there when it was an operating concern. I just bought the old bar from when they gutted it. Interestingly, Dickie and Frankie had something to do with that evolution, too..;-)

unixdude

As a old timer stationed at Pax in the Early 80's ..I can remember most of these places...I haven't seen the Cedar Point Tavern mentioned right out side the old Main Gate, or the bar 'name fails me' that was in the Lord Calvert Motel on 235 ?:buddies:

awpitt

Main Streeter
As a old timer stationed at Pax in the Early 80's ..I can remember most of these places...I haven't seen the Cedar Point Tavern mentioned right out side the old Main Gate, or the bar 'name fails me' that was in the Lord Calvert Motel on 235 ?:buddies:

Rudy's Place.