Refrigerator repairman

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

Hi I was wondering if anyone can please recommend a good fridge repair person that’s not too expensive. Thank you. I know it’s stupid what I need help with but my husband used to take care of all this stuff and since he’s not here any longer I’m trying to learn how to do it. Thanks for the replies I appreciate it. And no it’s not sarcasm or anger.:)
With the model number of the frig, search for a full replacement ice maker assembly. They are really plug and play. Lift the old one out, unplug electrical connector and install the new one. Plus you'll save mega bucks from having a repairman come out.

snowygirl

If I may ...

With the model number of the frig, search for a full replacement ice maker assembly. They are really plug and play. Lift the old one out, unplug electrical connector and install the new one. Plus you'll save mega bucks from having a repairman come out.

Thank you

PeoplesElbow

I bought a Samsung French door refrigerator from Lowe's and also purchased the 4 year warranty. A&A does the warranty work for Lowe's. Service was not quick but the techs appeared to know what they were doing. That Samsung gave them a lot of experience in those 4 years.
Samsung appliances have a really bad track record for reliability.

I did the youtube and buy parts off amazon thing with my moms dishwasher.

PeoplesElbow

Which is really interesting as a given model may have 2 or 3 different vendor's names on it, all the same guts.
Most relabeled appliances seem to be Whirlpool.

My friend owns an appliance store and he stopped selling Samsung and LG due to all the complaints. They seem to be trendy right now, but if I was going to go high end I'd spend the extra and go for commercial units.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Ten years ago my fridge went on the fritz. The guy I was dating at the time did something like that. Ordered a new motherboard and replaced it. It's still going strong. Best $110.00 spent!

And yet you still kicked him to the curb anyway, dincha. tsk tsk... :razz:

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

Also, and with the prices for a simple over/under refrigerator going for about $900 at Lowes to a side-by-side with freezer drawer and water dispense and ice maker approaching $3000, (WTF?), now more than ever it behooves people to try and learn self repair.

PJay

I love my LG.

Got it before the shortages and higher prices.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
My friend owns an appliance store and he stopped selling Samsung and LG due to all the complaints. They seem to be trendy right now, but if I was going to go high end I'd spend the extra and go for commercial units.

All 3 Lowe's I've worked at have had LG and Samsung graveyards. 1st Samsung refrigerator I saw go out the door about 12 years ago back in Illinois came back in just 2 days. It had turned from a refrigerator into a smoker cooker.

Our preference is for as few electronics as possible in major appliances. Have a high end Maytag washer and dryer we bought in September 1983. Still work just fine, battleship grade electro-mechanical controls.

stgislander

PREMO Member
All 3 Lowe's I've worked at have had LG and Samsung graveyards. 1st Samsung refrigerator I saw go out the door about 12 years ago back in Illinois came back in just 2 days. It had turned from a refrigerator into a smoker cooker.

Our preference is for as few electronics as possible in major appliances. Have a high end Maytag washer and dryer we bought in September 1983. Still work just fine, battleship grade electro-mechanical controls.
My mom has a pretty new Whirlpool washer and dryer. The washer tries to walk across the laundry room floor every time the spin cycle starts. Has done it since day one. Repairman has been out twice and cannot find anything wrong.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
I've had nothing but good luck forever with Kenmore products, even tho they are other brands. Some LG, some Whirlpool.... My dishwasher, clothes washer/dryer are going on 25 years, replaced a door latch on the dishwasher and an inlet valve on the clothes washer.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
My mom has a pretty new Whirlpool washer and dryer. The washer tries to walk across the laundry room floor every time the spin cycle starts. Has done it since day one. Repairman has been out twice and cannot find anything wrong.
One of the feet is adjusted wrong. Re-level it. You can also get 'sticky feet' to prevent walking on smooth surfaces.

Last edited: