Reggie Bush is OVER RATED...

Otter

Nothing to see here
Larry Gude said:
...Dayne was over hyped during his last college season or once he hit the NFL?

During his days at Wisconsin..To me, he was a big lumbering galoot that benefited from a great O line that let him get his fat azz rolling for 6 or 7 yards a pop. And, yes, my opinion was probably painted by only seeing him play a few times in college. :lmao:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
And I still say...

AK-74me said:
He is over-hyped no one could live up to what they were saying about him. I knew that before last nights game. I agree with otter that he is still a great player and will still be the #1 pick.

...his stock sunk.

Vince Young lived up to the hype. He was un-stoppable and he won the game in heart stopping, dramatic fashion.

If Vince were to declare, no more Reggie.

If he, Vince, doesn't come out, I bet Houston tries to trade the pick because they saw the game to. Build an O line and coach it well and, like Denver, you don't need to bet the ranch on one guy.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Big, lumbering galoot...

otter said:
During his days at Wisconsin..To me, he was a big lumbering galoot that benefited from a great O line that let him get his fat azz rolling for 6 or 7 yards a pop. And, yes, my opinion was probably painted by only seeing him play a few times in college. :lmao:

...I like that.

Games I saw, he could really move and that's what shocked me when he went pro; the speed seemed to be gone.

donbarzini

Larry Gude said:

Hershell Walker, Earl Campbell. Gotta have TEAM first.

I would trade Bush (the pick I guess) if I was Houston. He will not, can not make that team any better as it is.

I'm the Texans' GM: We'll trade 1st's plus you give me your 2nd this year and 2nd next year, and I will load up on o-linemen to protect the QB I have.

rraley

First off, wow what a game that was last night. I was quite frankly shocked that Texas won; I had expected a USC blowout, and for the first quarter and a half, it looked like it was headed that way. But then Reggie Bush made one of the most bone-headed plays I have ever noticed...a lateral when two defenders are closing in on him. That was probably the most stupid thing that I have ever seen, and that play was the defining moment in the game. If USC retains possession there, they score and I believe that the route was on.

Vince Young proved last night that he is going to be the next great NFL quarterback. He will blow Michael Vick out of the water because not only is he able to run, but he can throw the ball as accurately as the next person. I mean there is a reason that he was the most efficient quarterback in NCAA football this year. If I were picking first in this draft, I would select Young without a doubt. It would be smart for the Texans to do so...Vince Young offers much more potential than David Carr.

To those who say that we shouldn't judge Young based on one game...consider this: 30-2 as a starter, and the best rated passer in college football, and this was in the Big XII conference, which has much better defenses than the Pac-10.

While Bush made a bone-headed play last night, he still displayed his explosiveness, but I agree that there should be some concern about his durability and toughness. It has always seemed odd to me that Bush gets such a limited number of carries. What does Pete Carrol know that the hypers in the media don't? Perhaps he knows that Bush is quite suspectible to injury and therefore, he cannot be utilized as fully as his ability should allow. Despite this, Bush's explosiveness is indeed amazing. While it is true that his offensive line creates huge holes to run through, it is his speed that enables 5 yard gains to turn into 10 yard gains and 15 yard gains to turn into 80 yard touchdowns. That and he does have an amazing ability to make people miss. There were also a couple times last night that Bush pushed his shoulder into a DB to get extra yardage, so he isn't a complete softie. He is still top 5 talent, but is he as great as ESPN has hyped him? Absolutely not.
(Also, Mr. Gude, I fully support your disgust with the Bush Push of Leinart against ND, but I think that most GM's will look at that and see a desire to win...While it is against the rules to push the ball carrier, everyone knows that it is hardly ever (if not never) called, so what is the harm in making that play?).

Matt Leinhart, meanwhile, is the player who I believe is very, very overhyped. He is even softer than what many here have labeled Bush as. Whenever this guy gets a big hit, he is almost completely knocked out. His mobility is awful. Furthermore, his arm strength is average compared to NFL quarterbacks. He is not worth a top 10 pick and I see him as being the most likely to flop in the NFL.

In any event, I was excited as hell about the USC loss last night...that team deserved to lose, especially after Leinhart had the audacity to say that his team "didn't know how to lose" after the ND victory. I am so glad that somebody up there decided to humble all those arrogant southern California playboys.

C

czygvtwkr

I agree Bush is over rated. White will be more successful in the NFL.

How often does an overhyped Heisman winner flop in the NFL, probably about 50% of the time. Then there are the guys that never even get drafted that do well in the NFL.

MMDad

Lem Putt
Larry Gude said:
...and I don't mean a little.

He doesn't finish plays. He's not physical. He's not making yards for himself. But, he is fast. Hell, he might not even be the best pro RB prospect on his team. Lindale White ain't bad at all and is alot more physical.

USC's offensive line should have gotten the Heisman. They're why he, Bush, averaged 8 yards a run all year. Hell, they're plowing holes me and otter could fall through and make 5 yards.

Vince Young, however, is the real deal.

Bush hurt his pocket book just by showing up.

Just noticed the signature! :lmao: :killingme :yay:

You Kennedys just can't stop hating Bush, can you? :razz: