Remington SuperCell Recoil Pad

Anybody know if they carry them anywhere in SoMD? Want one for my 870 slug gun.

Reviews are outstanding performance wise. Fit not so good (slightly undersized is what I keep seeing). But reduces recoil great. Since it's a working gun, I don't care how it looks, just how it works.

Tried Fred's and Dick's, no luck.

I found one!!!!!

Gotta love a true Gun Shop.

Atlantic Guns in Silver Spring has one. Going after work to get it.

:yahoo:

Look dipwad, why don't you try Bass Pro in Arundel Mills?:buddies:
Looky here, Crapforbrains has joined my thread. :yahoo:

I know they carry it at Bass Pro. I even started a thread to see if anybody would be in the area today. I cannot get there and then home in time for daughter to go to Girl Scouts. Family comes first. Besides, it's nice to be able to give my $$ to a small family business instead of a national chain.

smibarines

Looky here, Crapforbrains has joined my thread. :yahoo:

I know they carry it at Bass Pro. I even started a thread to see if anybody would be in the area today. I cannot get there and then home in time for daughter to go to Girl Scouts. Family comes first. Besides, it's nice to be able to give my $$ to a small family business instead of a national chain.

Not to insult your intelligence or anything (not that it wouldn't be incredibly easy to do and loads of fun as well) but you are going to drive nearly 4 hours to buy a squishy thing so your shoulder won't hurt from taking one shot at a deer???

Not to insult your intelligence or anything (not that it wouldn't be incredibly easy to do and loads of fun as well) but you are going to drive nearly 4 hours to buy a squishy thing so your shoulder won't hurt from taking one shot at a deer???
No, I am going to drive 2 minutes out of my way on the way home from work to buy a squishy thing so my shoulder won't hurt after I sight in my shotgun which could take a number of shots since it's new ammo. Bye Bye, you are going on ignore.

smibarines

No, I am going to drive 2 minutes out of my way on the way home from work to buy a squishy thing so my shoulder won't hurt after I sight in my shotgun which could take a number of shots since it's new ammo. Bye Bye, you are going on ignore.

No wonder why your pissy - I would be too if I couldn't find a job locally when the Gov't and EVERY contractor is hiring heavily so I had to drive two hours each way.

And don't say it's for the pay cause I know what it takes to commute everyday.

Your life sucks doesn't it?

No wonder why your pissy - I would be too if I couldn't find a job locally when the Gov't and EVERY contractor is hiring heavily so I had to drive two hours each way.

And don't say it's for the pay cause I know what it takes to commute everyday.

Your life sucks doesn't it?
First off, it's "you're" or "you are", not "your".

I work for the Gov't. It cost me $80.00 a month to commute. It would cost me more money to commute to PAX. I am home at 4:45 every day. I only drive for 4 miles each way. Sleep the entire way in and out. Been doing the commute for 13+ years. It doesn't bother me at all. I like having the geographic separation from work.

smibarines

First off, it's "you're" or "you are", not "your".

I work for the Gov't. It cost me $80.00 a month to commute. It would cost me more money to commute to PAX. I am home at 4:45 every day. I only drive for 4 miles each way. Sleep the entire way in and out. Been doing the commute for 13+ years. It doesn't bother me at all. I like having the geographic separation from work.

Kind of funny we're debating proper grammar in the 'outdoor forum' but you are wrong once more.

If I had used the conjunction "you're" - it would be the same thing as saying "you are". Now with that being said, "You are life sucks..." doesn't make much sense, does it?

As far as commuting, I am not just talking about the financial toll, how about the physical and family toll it takes? Either way - you like it, you can keep it. I, personally, would rather spend that 4 hours you spend on a bus with my family.

Anyway, didn't mean to get off on a rough start with you earlier - I really thought you were being condesending when you asked if I had taken the hunters saftey course. Truce?:buddies:

Kind of funny we're debating proper grammar in the 'outdoor forum' but you are wrong once more.

If I had used the conjunction "you're" - it would be the same thing as saying "you are". Now with that being said, "You are life sucks..." doesn't make much sense, does it?

As far as commuting, I am not just talking about the financial toll, how about the physical and family toll it takes? Either way - you like it, you can keep it. I, personally, would rather spend that 4 hours you spend on a bus with my family.

Anyway, didn't mean to get off on a rough start with you earlier - I really thought you were being condescending when you asked if I had taken the hunters safety course. Truce?:buddies:
Truce it is. In the future, when I want to be condesending to you, you WILL know it. I am not usually condescending. A smartass or outright azzhole sometime, yes. Not so much condescending.

It was a legit question as a foundation for the conversation.

BTW, I am home from work less than a 45 minutes after my kids get off the bus. I spend 3:30 minutes on the bus/metro. All but the last 30-45 minutes the kids are either asleep, in school or on the bus. I leave home at 4:30 in the morning so I can be home with the family when they are awake.

Last edited:

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member

Anyway, didn't mean to get off on a rough start with you earlier - I really thought you were being condesending when you asked if I had taken the hunters saftey course. Truce?:buddies:
Not to be an @sshole, condescending or anything of that nature, but I think the grammatical reference is geared toward this phrase -
No wonder why your pissy

Installed the pad last night. Testing it out this afternoon. Based on thumb compression test, it should make a HUGE difference. Old one is about rock hard. New one is also a bit thicker. Gun fits better now. The reviews were right about the fit though. top/bottom it is right on. Side/side it is about 1/8" too narrow. After season I will make a spacer and shape it to fit both the stock and the pad. This will also give me a bit longer stock which will make it fit me even better.

After Action Pad Review

OH MY GOD!

It's like shooting a totally different gun.

It's got less kick now with slugs than it did with the factory pad and light trap loads.

Remington 870 12G + Hornady SST 2 3/4 Sabot Slugs.

Took 6 shots. 1 @ 25 yards 5 @ 50 yards. 1st shot clipped the bottom left of the bullseye. OK, I'm on the paper. Moved back to 50 yards. 2nd shot hit 1" to the right and 1/4" up from the 25 yard shot. Cranked on the scope to raise the impact. 16 clicks. Took 2 more shots. Both hit 1.5" up from the last shot. Clipped the top of the bull. 16 more clicks. 2 more shots. The holes were separated by 1/4" edge to edge, about 1" up from the last pair. I am shooting about 2" high @ 50. Gun is just below dead on according to Hornady's ballistics chart. 2.4" high @ 50 = 2.7" high @ 100 = zeroed at 150 yards.

SoMdmMusician

Look dipwad, why don't you try Bass Pro in Arundel Mills?:buddies:

Don't be a dumba$$ dude, if you have nothing intelligent to say, then go back to your Barbie collection and play there. This guy is simply trying to find and answer to a question, and he ain't interested in your egotistical remarks. I prefer to check the local shops myself, that's why I always end up at Fred's, as for the Tackle Box, yeah, I agree, they may as well close their phone account, no one ever answers it, and when they do, the seem like you're getting into their coffee break time anyway.