Replacing my SKS

Found out its a bit more used than I thought. I was wondering if anyone has a suggestion about a new rifle. I don't need it for hunting, yet anyway, just shooting. I like removable mags and may want to mount a scope. I'd sorta like to stick with 7.62x39 since I have ammo.
Mini 30, AK47, Panther?
Can you get an AR15 and have an upper that will handle 7.62 and interchange with a .223?

Larry Gude

Strung Out

Found out its a bit more used than I thought. I was wondering if anyone has a suggestion about a new rifle. I don't need it for hunting, yet anyway, just shooting. I like removable mags and may want to mount a scope. I'd sorta like to stick with 7.62x39 since I have ammo.
Mini 30, AK47, Panther?
Can you get an AR15 and have an upper that will handle 7.62 and interchange with a .223?

Display Products

Good stuff; an AK that doesn't sound like a can full of rocks when you pick it up.

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
Mini 30, AK47, Panther?

There is a company that makes an AR in 7.62x39 but I don't know the manufacter, and I am not sure about just switching the upper either.

Why not just get another SKS? You can get the detatched mags for them, although some brands are problematic. The AK is a great platform too, but ofcourse you'll be spending more for an AK.

Display Products

Good stuff; an AK that doesn't sound like a can full of rocks when you pick it up.
Interesting.
There is a company that makes an AR in 7.62x39 but I don't know the manufacter, and I am not sure about just switching the upper either.

Why not just get another SKS? You can get the detatched mags for them, although some brands are problematic. The AK is a great platform too, but ofcourse you'll be spending more for an AK.

Another possibility.

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
That wooden crate right there holds about 2200 rounds and I paid about $280 for it delivered.

Attachments

• 5.45mm.JPG
    5.45mm.JPG
    53.4 KB · Views: 108

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
...what do you think are the pro's and con's over the AR's?

AK simpler operation, fire through just about any condition, good SHTF gun, cheaper ammo, hated by liberals

AR more accurate, all kinds of after market accesories to trick it out with, good for voting from the rooftops when the zombies come, hated by liberals

Larry Gude

Strung Out

No you didn't.

I suspect you were waiting to find out for myself. :lol:

...the two I actually got to play with I had for several weeks and shot the hell out of both of them; their VEPR in 7.62 (they used to do one in .223 as well which just seems wrong) and a their full size ar type in .223

Quality stuff in my sorta educated opinion. Very high quality.