Replacing my SKS

...the two I actually got to play with I had for several weeks and shot the hell out of both of them; their VEPR in 7.62 (they used to do one in .223 as well which just seems wrong) and a their full size ar type in .223

Quality stuff in my sorta educated opinion. Very high quality.

I don't think I can afford high quality. Satisfactory will have to do.

I think HK is out of that market except for a .223.

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
Not that it matters but here is a little tid bit on Robinson for those that are into that.

Robinson supported Romney in the primaries, made donations to him. The gun community turned up the heat wondering about his support for Romney who did not exactly have a great voting rcord when it came to gun rights. Robinison got pissed and accused everyone of hating Mormons.

Carry on.

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
Good price, right weapon. Notice, I'm sure you have, most are out of stock?
That includes a lot of ammo.

Few years back it went for 450-500 though, good AK at that price, but not for $1k IMHO. Plus FGW has a bad rep.

dustin

UAIOE
Out of my firearm wishbook...

You can get Romanian and Hungarian AK's for around 400 bucks online.

I also like the Izhmash / Saiga sporter series. Not as "menacing" looking with the lack of pistol grip. Plus if the new administration reenacts the AWB you have a better chance of clearing the requirements. The Saiga in 7.62x39 ive seen new for around 300.
Centerfire Systems - AK Firearms

dustin

UAIOE
Found out its a bit more used than I thought. I was wondering if anyone has a suggestion about a new rifle. I don't need it for hunting, yet anyway, just shooting. I like removable mags and may want to mount a scope. I'd sorta like to stick with 7.62x39 since I have ammo.
Mini 30, AK47, Panther?
Can you get an AR15 and have an upper that will handle 7.62 and interchange with a .223?
Oh, whats wrong with the SKS?

Oh, whats wrong with the SKS?

Two miss-loads, two times the firing pin didn't hit the primer. I think I know the deal with the firing pin and think I fixed it, but I don't know why the rounds didn't go into the chamber. One caught half way in the other was sticking straight up out of the gun. I found another one today. I'll see how it works.
I offered to buy BS Gal a mini 14 for her birthday, but she didn't bite. Damn!

dustin

UAIOE
Two miss-loads, two times the firing pin didn't hit the primer. I think I know the deal with the firing pin and think I fixed it, but I don't know why the rounds didn't go into the chamber. One caught half way in the other was sticking straight up out of the gun. I found another one today. I'll see how it works.
I offered to buy BS Gal a mini 14 for her birthday, but she didn't bite. Damn!
:lol: Doesnt she know every gal loves a mini-14?

I was just wondering what the deal was with the SKS because I remember reading something about the gas regulator sticking being a common problem (if you have the grenade launcher version).

Ponytail

Can you get an AR15 and have an upper that will handle 7.62 and interchange with a .223?

I'm waiting for the Bushmaster ACR to become available next year. They are producing Magpul's Masada under the Bushmaster ACR name. Magpul will be making the plastic parts.

It's a modular system that can VERY quickly change from AK47 (7.62x39)configuration to AR15 in .223 and needs no/few tools to make the changes and is UBER accurate.

:yay:

Ponytail

I'm waiting for the Bushmaster ACR to become available next year. They are producing Magpul's Masada under the Bushmaster ACR name. Magpul will be making the plastic parts.

It's a modular system that can VERY quickly change from AK47 (7.62x39)configuration to AR15 in .223 and needs no/few tools to make the changes and is UBER accurate.

:yay:

Oh yea, JPrifles.com had me on their site more than once, drooling on my keyboard too. :lol:

dustin

UAIOE
This thread makes me wonder if all of the "assault weapons" which were previously banned for one reason or another are going to be going up in price the next few months? I imagine they will if/when word gets out the AWB is starting up again... just like the high cap mags did.

Dukesdad

This thread makes me wonder if all of the "assault weapons" which were previously banned for one reason or another are going to be going up in price the next few months? I imagine they will if/when word gets out the AWB is starting up again... just like the high cap mags did.

They are already going up.... and right out the door. I have been looking for an AR and was having a hard time but just latched on to a RRA midlength CAR A-4