Rifle range

garyt27

INAFJ
Hi all, hope everyone had a merry Christmas, I got a Ruger 10/22 for my son and was wondering if there is a rifle range around So. Md. or a place to zero the rifle and do some plinking with subsonic ammo, Any help at all would be appreciated. :ohwell:

its pretty hard to get into Sanners lake, you have to have two registered sponsers to vouch for you and pay I think around $150 to get membership.

M

Mousebaby

Myrtle Grove west of LaPlata thats public. Go to the Maryland DNR website and you can find more info. there. :howdy:

T

tikipirate

Subsonic .22 ammo? Where's that :hitman: smilie?

If you have enough land and can create a sufficient backstop, just install one of these onto the rifle and never mind the range.

http://www.paladinarmory.com/22Rifles.htm#PAS

(You'll put your eye out, kid!)

Last edited by a moderator:

NoName

Mousebaby said:
Myrtle Grove west of LaPlata thats public. Go to the Maryland DNR website and you can find more info. there. :howdy:
:yeahthat: nice outdoor setup costs 15$-20$ a year to join

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
huntr1 said:
DETAILS MAN, DETAILS!!!!!!!!!!!!

He was making a poor joke about the barricade and shooting standoff in Hollywood that just ended. :ohwell:

Sharon said:
St. Charles Sportsman's Club in Waldorf. 2A and I are Range Safety Officers at the indoor pistol range.

:yay: They've taken me there several times and it is nice.

jazz lady said:
He was making a poor joke about the barricade and shooting standoff in Hollywood that just ended. :ohwell:

:yay: They've taken me there several times and it is nice.
They took me there once too. Very nice.

Crow Bait

Sanners isn't tuff to get into... Just at Capacity Right now.

I reccomend bringing your boy to the Skeet range on Sundays @ noon to shoot skeet and meet people. After people get to know you, they'll sponsor you for membership.

Last edited:

JustynSayneBand

Mousebaby said:

If you go to Myrtle Grove, make darn sure you have that $20.00 range permit in your hand, if not this big dude in a green suit will hand you a $150.00 fine for Trespassing on State property, please do not ask me how I know this.

Let's just say, I have been going there for 30 years, and then all of a sudden this guy asks for my permit, well, after not being there for several years, I was like, "Permit for what?" I thought he was talking about the gun...

well I now know that range permit is cheaper than his autograph! Bad part was I got a fine something I didn't technically do, How do you trespass on public property?

Anyway, point is, GET THE PERMIT!

I have a 1200 farm in Ripley, I should've not been so eager to "do something different" that day.