RISKY BEHAVIOR FOR COVID-19

mitzi

Really? Hm. Tell that to the doctors and nurses who use them properly to take care of hundreds of thousands of COVID-infected patients and yet don't get infected themselves. Like my wife. I'm pretty sure they DO, in fact, work.

Haven't you realized by now that people on here are medical experts? Yet none claim that they work in healthcare.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Really? Hm. Tell that to the doctors and nurses who use them properly to take care of hundreds of thousands of COVID-infected patients and yet don't get infected themselves. Like my wife. I'm pretty sure they DO, in fact, work.
You mean like what was reported last month that over 62,000 in the health care fields that have tested positive and the 291 that died from it.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

A friend recently pointed out that more than half of the people in public are not wearing their masks properly. He said it places themselves at risk as well as their family and friends if they get the virus. There has been a substantial increase in people who either wear it to cover only the mouth or up to the tip of the nose. It is pretty obvious it won't help he pointed out. This is because you breathe through your nose as well. And having the mask on the tip of the nose doesn't help either. This is because the virus can get around the sides of the mask when worn at the tip of the nose. Wearing it at the tip of the nose doesn't provide a good seal around both the nose and mouth. Then you see others that have the mask on, but take it off for a while while talking since the mask muffles the voice. Therefore, if the virus is around, you could potentially get it then. I'm not sure why people risk themselves and others that way when the virus is so dangerous, highly contagious and potentially fatal. He used to work at NIH and knows Dr. Fauci. Dr. Fauci is on the Presidential Task Force. This does make sense if you think about it. This may be why cases and deaths of the virus continue to rise.
Not sure about you, but I am still waiting to hear the reasons, [of which there must be many], scientific, medical, and political, from government why, (well, ever since I've been alive anyway), there has never, ever, been a recommendation for the population at large to wear a mask for any flu season, including, SARS, Bird flu, Swine flu, and any and all pandemics in the past, that have killed hundreds of millions over the years? And now? All of a sudden, uh ohh? Here's another coronavirus, let's give it a new and "novel" name to scare the stupid people, and make them wear a mask, and encourage the sheep mask wearers to ostracize all that do not. Yup. Just sitting here, tapping away upon the 'ole keyboard .... patiently waiting, for that answer.

Yup. Still waiting.

Wait, just heard something. Nope. Sorry. False alarm. Dog farted. Stinky too.

Yup. Still waiting ........... any day now, I'm sure of it.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Of course it does under those circumstances.
From day one, the CDC, Drs. Fauci and Birx along with the general consensus of medical professionals stated that co-morbidities exacerbated the death rate. How many people died FROM Covid as opposed to WITH COVID? Were doctors doing their due diligence in determine the cause of death?

mitzi

From day one, the CDC, Drs. Fauci and Birx along with the general consensus of medical professionals stated that co-morbidities exacerbated the death rate. How many people died FROM Covid as opposed to WITH COVID? Were doctors doing their due diligence in determine the cause of death?

I don't have an answer to your question. I've been going around and around debating this since March. I believe wearing a mask can help, not 100 percent but help. The person next to me in line at the store could have a compromised immune system. I wouldn't want to spread it to them if I was infected with no symptoms. It's being cautious.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

I don't have an answer to your question. I've been going around and around debating this since March. I believe wearing a mask can help, not 100 percent but help. The person next to me in line at the store could have a compromised immune system. I wouldn't want to spread it to them if I was infected with no symptoms. It's being cautious.
Did you wear a mask last flu season? During the SARS pandemic. How about the flu season where over 80000 people died in the US alone in 2018? Just curious.

PeoplesElbow

If I may ...

Did you wear a mask last flu season? During the SARS pandemic. How about the flu season where over 80000 people died in the US alone in 2018? Just curious.
SARS never really spread much here, it mutated itself out of existence pretty quickly.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
A friend recently pointed out that more than half of the people in public are not wearing their masks properly. He said it places themselves at risk as well as their family and friends if they get the virus. There has been a substantial increase in people who either wear it to cover only the mouth or up to the tip of the nose. It is pretty obvious it won't help he pointed out. This is because you breathe through your nose as well. And having the mask on the tip of the nose doesn't help either. This is because the virus can get around the sides of the mask when worn at the tip of the nose. Wearing it at the tip of the nose doesn't provide a good seal around both the nose and mouth. Then you see others that have the mask on, but take it off for a while while talking since the mask muffles the voice. Therefore, if the virus is around, you could potentially get it then. I'm not sure why people risk themselves and others that way when the virus is so dangerous, highly contagious and potentially fatal. He used to work at NIH and knows Dr. Fauci. Dr. Fauci is on the Presidential Task Force. This does make sense if you think about it. This may be why cases and deaths of the virus continue to rise.
We just got back from NH.. nobody is wearing masks where we were. Wal Mart, Grocery Store, ATV dealer, State Parks... it's ALL individual choice. It's recommended but NOT mandatory.

Parents (>85 years old) are pissed off that they had ANY restrictions as where they are COVID is about non-existent.

So two weeks of NORMAL living, in a campground, state parks, shopping, going out to eat... normal was amazing.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Like the woman, who is a nurse, was dumbfounded that her PERFECTLY healthy 16 year old son died of COVID.. perfectly healthy being Morbidly Obese and an unknown type 1 Diabetic.

Jurgo

It amazes me how little data and facts these anti-trump, anti-business and frankly anti-freedom alarmists are. Here, sheeple, check out the facts for yourselves:

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

YOU Are repeatedly comparing Apples [N95 Masks] to Oranges [Other Face Coverings}

ah the

' but muy wife the nurse ' argument

YOUR Wife the Nurse's work case, DOES NOT APPLY to 330 million other Americans ...... it has been published repeatedly face coverings

aka paper masks, do rags, etc

that MOST Americans are wearing NOT N95 Worn in Hospitals are only about 50% affective even less so because the average person is touching the bloody thing multiple times a min then everything else around them

also they do not cover they eyes .... another infection vector you are ignoring

You mean like what was reported last month that over 62,000 in the health care fields that have tested positive and the 291 that died from it.

:yay:

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
We just got back from NH.. nobody is wearing masks where we were. Wal Mart, Grocery Store, ATV dealer, State Parks... it's ALL individual choice. It's recommended but NOT mandatory.

Parents (>85 years old) are pissed off that they had ANY restrictions as where they are COVID is about non-existent.

So two weeks of NORMAL living, in a campground, state parks, shopping, going out to eat... normal was amazing.
:yeahthat: I mentioned this when I was up there in April and May. Only the grocery store employees were wearing masks. No one else. MASS is still off the hook with the precautions. I'm headed back up later this week and we may even go to Hampton Beach, NH. It looks like a cool little place. Lobstah and ice cream! How can you go wrong? :lol: