Rita

Triggerfish

Bustem' Down said:
I've figured it out. God is a Democrat. He has sent all of these hurricanes to the Gulf coast to help his party discredit the Republican administration!

Hey I think I know you IRL.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Bustem' Down said:
I've figured it out. God is a Democrat. He has sent all of these hurricanes to the Gulf coast to help his party discredit the Republican administration!
Don't be silly. We've already established that Karl Rove is God and Dick Cheney is Jesus, since they're the ones making all these hurricanes and such.

K

Kain99

I think a direct hit on New Orleans is the best thing. The City is already desimated. Why hope for it to hit somewhere else? :confused:

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
vraiblonde said:
Don't be silly. We've already established that Karl Rove is God and Dick Cheney is Jesus, since they're the ones making all these hurricanes and such.
FINALLY!!! A reason to become a Christian!!! :notworthy: :lmao:

Triggerfish

Kain99 said:
I think a direct hit on New Orleans is the best thing. The City is already desimated. Why hope for it to hit somewhere else? :confused:

It's decimated but not destroyed. They're planning to rebuild the city but since it's already damaged another storm can cause even greater damage. If the storm doesn't hit some of those damaged structures can be repaired. If the storm hits they would have to start a lot more from scratch.

Other cities that are not below sea level probably can take a direct hit without as much damage.

Last edited:

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
Kain99 said:
I agree 100%! We're already gonna have to rebuild one city ... why make it two? :shrug:

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
I do think that the majority of people who are "strongly encouraged" to evacuate, will. As for this being an active season for storms, yes this is true but to blame global warming and SUV's is a bunch of left wing propaganda. Global climatologists (with no political agenda) have stated that busy hurricane/tropical storm seasons run on cycles that last anywhere from 15-25 years. Well guess what, we are at the beginning of one of these cycles. So all you koolaid drinkers get your poison pens (or keyboards) ready because you are going to have a lot of blame to throw around for the next decade or so.

Mother Nature is obviously sold the plans to the hurricane maker 2005 to the Rove / Cheney global takeover cartel. :lmao:

Bustem' Down

Give Peas a Chance
kom526 said:
I do think that the majority of people who are "strongly encouraged" to evacuate, will. As for this being an active season for storms, yes this is true but to blame global warming and SUV's is a bunch of left wing propaganda. Global climatologists (with no political agenda) have stated that busy hurricane/tropical storm seasons run on cycles that last anywhere from 15-25 years. Well guess what, we are at the beginning of one of these cycles. So all you koolaid drinkers get your poison pens (or keyboards) ready because you are going to have a lot of blame to throw around for the next decade or so.

Mother Nature is obviously sold the plans to the hurricane maker 2005 to the Rove / Cheney global takeover cartel. :lmao:
Global warming just means that we're between ice ages.

B

Bruzilla

Triggerfish said:
It's decimated but not destroyed. They're planning to rebuild the city but since it's already damaged another storm can cause even greater damage.

Your comment reminded me of when I lived in Bermuda and hurricane Emily came through and trashed the place. Bermuda Premier John Swan was touring through Hamilton with a bunch of reporters following him around, and he was doing all the political BS... hugging people who had lost their homes, standing still for long periods as he "took it all in", etc. Then he turned to the cameras, with a by-god tear rolling down his cheek, and started talking about all of the devastation and how it had destroyed peoples' lives, and how bad and sorry he felt, and how he felt their pain.

Then one of the reporters asked him if the Bermudian government was going to help pay to repair the damage to personal property, and he did a complete 180 and started talking about how the damage looked a lot worse than it really was and how things really weren't all that bad.

It's been the same deal with NO. When the push was to get money or attention, the city was destroyed, demolished, swept away, a disaster area, looking like armegeddon, buried hip-deep in rotting corpses, etc. But when the talk changes to should we rebuild, then the city is alive and vibrant and ready to reopen soon.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Bruzilla said:
It's been the same deal with NO. When the push was to get money or attention, the city was destroyed, demolished, swept away, a disaster area, looking like armegeddon, buried hip-deep in rotting corpses, etc. But when the talk changes to should we rebuild, then the city is alive and vibrant and ready to reopen soon.
They do make it hard to feel sorry for them, don't they? :ohwell:

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Bustem' Down said:
Global warming just means that we're between ice ages.
This is what the guys with the PhDs say. But they aren't "enlightened" enough to be lefties.

Bustem' Down

Give Peas a Chance
My Dad is staying in Houston, but my Uncle is taking my Grandmother up to Waco and my Step mom is taking my Stepbrother and his family out of Corpus Christi up to Saledo. My Dad is part of the Emergency Respose Team at work and as a church leader is hanging around to help out other church members who are staying. This is all based on the fact that there is no mandatory evac order yet.

nomoney

Bustem' Down said:
My Dad is staying in Houston, but my Uncle is taking my Grandmother up to Waco and my Step mom is taking my Stepbrother and his family out of Corpus Christi up to Saledo. My Dad is part of the Emergency Respose Team at work and as a church leader is hanging around to help out other church members who are staying. This is all based on the fact that there is no mandatory evac order yet.

my aunt and uncle and his family is staying in Houston also. My Uncle said he's all stocked up and ready to go :ohwell:

Bustem' Down

Give Peas a Chance
nomoney said:
my aunt and uncle and his family is staying in Houston also. My Uncle said he's all stocked up and ready to go :ohwell:
Weatherman says if it hits at a cat 4 or 5 they can expect hurricane force winds all the way up into Conroe.

Tigerlily

Luvin Life !!!
I have an Aunt and Uncle in Corpus Christie who are staying for the time being and a Great Aunt in Houston who will never go. They have been through it so much already over the years.