Rivalries face off

D

dems4me

Penn said:
http://http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/2004-09-26-gibbs-parcells-cover_x.htm

Good article on the Parcells/Gibbs matchups through the years. It looks like Bill has the edge.

Otter, I thought that Brunnell was not going to play from what I'd read previously. Is that a smart move on the part of the ;skins, if he's not a 100%?

Secondly, what does it say about the team's confidence in Patrick Ramsey?

I heard they annouced Thursday or Friday that Brunnel would be the starter :ohwell:

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Tonio said:
I bet Larry is so up for this game, he can't sit still. I picture him pacing back and forth like a tiger in a cage.
Umm, I don't know about that; I haven't seen/heard of any Redskin Fight Song lyrics since the debacle of a week ago Sunday!

Heck, he's got his own forum going on; I applied to join this group, and haven't heard a word out of him.

He might be too bummed by the loss to the Giants to say anything he might have to take back after tonights' game.:banana:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Couple of points...

...the 'Ants deserve some credit. I figured they'd be ripe for the picking after last week.

Here's the deal:

The Redskin D is for real hence Vinny the Elder will be in trouble. He won't finish the game and Clint Longley is not around. Dallas won't score on offense.

If you want to know a dirty secret, the Skins D will actually be better absent LaVarr because for every big play he makes he gets his ass burnt on a screen or an off tackle straight at him. He is all go and no think.

Marcus Washington shows how it is done on the other side; he reads then reacts.

On offense, with Portis and Ladell, we pound on a very good Dallas defense until it breaks. Portis will make up for last weeks boo boos. Brunnel will aggravate his hammy before half time scrambling and Ramsey will come on and throw for two TD's.

The Cowboys barely beat the Browns who were stomped by the Giants who were DRILLED by the Redskins in every regard save for one, small, minor, teeny, tiny detail.

Hail Dallas? HAIL NO!!!!!!!!

Skins in a bloody, scalp ridden, trail of tears for the 'boys cakewalk. Die, you gravy sucking pigs!

Tap...tap...tap...

Hail! To the Redskins, Hail Victory! Braves on the Warpath! FIGHT! For old DC.

Run or pass and score, we want a lot more!

Beat 'em, swamp (scalp) 'em, TOUCHDOWN! Let the points soar!

Fight on, FIGHT ON! Til you have won, sons of Washington!!!

RAH! RAH! RAH!

Hail, to the REDSKINS! Hail VICTORY!

Braves on the WARPATH!!!

FIGHT! FOR OLD

DEEEEE CEEEE!!!!!!!

Lather, rinse, repeat.

Tonight is EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!

D

dems4me

Larry Gude said:
...the 'Ants deserve some credit. I figured they'd be ripe for the picking after last week.
Hail! To the Redskins, Hail Victory! Braves on the Warpath! FIGHT! For old DC.

Run or pass and score, we want a lot more!

Beat 'em, swamp (scalp) 'em, TOUCHDOWN! Let the points soar!

Fight on, FIGHT ON! Til you have won, sons of Washington!!!

RAH! RAH! RAH!

Hail, to the REDSKINS! Hail VICTORY!

Braves on the WARPATH!!!

FIGHT! FOR OLD

DEEEEE CEEEE!!!!!!!

Lather, rinse, repeat.

:dance: :dance: :dance:

:thewave: :thewave: :thewave: (I'm warming up on the wave thing) :lol:

D

dems4me

cattitude said:
Larry, you just HAVE to meet my bird. He loves to whistle your song!!! :yay:

That's uncanny... my mother's bird does the same thing... :lol: and then it starts singing at the most inappropriate times during the redskin games (fumbles, opponent touchdowns, interceptions, etc) that my dad wants to throw something at it.

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
Dems4me, maybe a Cowboys fan snuck in to your mom's house one night and reprogrammed the bird to mock the 'Skins. :lol:

D

dems4me

Tonio said:
Dems4me, maybe a Cowboys fan snuck in to your mom's house one night and reprogrammed the bird to mock the 'Skins. :lol:

Nope -- no cowboy fans allowed... :lol:

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Penn said:
Ah, I get it; it's all in the wording!:lmao:

Well, Ken I still believe in homefield advantage; you can get call or two your way you might not get on the road. Plus the crowd will be behind them, hognoses and all!

Depends on many things as I said before, one of them being Parcells' penchant for beating Gibbs at his own game; he's 11 and 6 against Joe over the years, no?

BTW, I thought I read where Brunnell is not going to play in this game?
So you think that the Skins will win, right? I swear it is tougher to understand what you are saying then it is when listening to Kerry talk.

Ken King

PREMO Member
cattitude said:
Larry, you just HAVE to meet my bird. It loves to whistle your song!!! :yay:
I had a vision of you running naked through a field on a windy day for some reason. :roflmao:

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Crap Ken. And to think I really tried to word that carefully. :lmao:

I do have to say that I AM truly flattered to have The Great One think of me naked. :diva:

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Ken King said:
So you think that the Skins will win, right? I swear it is tougher to understand what you are saying then it is when listening to Kerry talk.
Oh heck, sometimes you're intolerable, you know that?

Of course I don't know if the 'skins will win or not!

I've been watching Monday Night Countdown for about 45 minutes now, and I can't even figure out what they think! And they have a lot more experience than I do.

What they do seem to feel is that Brunnell isn't fully healed yet, and that it could play a major part in the outcome of the game.

Another point they made was that Clinton Portis will, one day get his timing down with the offensive line, and Washington will have a devastating running attack, if he stays healthy. But as of now, he and the line are not together. He's ripping up some yardage, but it's not consistent yet.

So, the bottom line is I think the 'skins can win it, but will they? I do not know.

There, is that better?

mainman

Set Trippin
Penn said:

I've been watching Monday Night Countdown for about 45 minutes now, and I can't even figure out what they think! And they have a lot more experience than I do.

What they do seem to feel is that Brunnell isn't fully healed yet, and that it could play a major part in the outcome of the game.

Another point they made was that Clinton Portis will, one day get his timing down with the offensive line, and Washington will have a devastating running attack, if he stays healthy. But as of now, he and the line are not together. He's ripping up some yardage, but it's not consistent yet.

So, the bottom line is I think the 'skins can win it, but will they? I do not know.

There, is that better?
:tap:

Ken King

PREMO Member
Penn said:

There, is that better?
I'm intolerable? :biteme: You're the one that doesn't know what you are saying. You seem to be suffering with an extreme case of Kerryitis. Are you sure you aren't really a Democrat?

Ken King

PREMO Member
cattitude said:
I do have to say that I AM truly flattered to have The Great One think of me naked. :diva:
I'm typical male, my mind works like that sometimes (well actually a lot of the time). At least the vision I had didn't scare me. :lmao:

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Ken King said:
I'm intolerable? :biteme: You're the one that doesn't know what you are saying. You seem to be suffering with an extreme case of Kerryitis. Are you sure you aren't really a Democrat?
Well, I got 3 words for ya::moon: Is that clear enough?

ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL?

(this is gonna be one of the few times I root for the cowboys!)

Ken King

PREMO Member
Penn said:
Well, I got 3 words for ya::moon: Is that clear enough?

ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL?

(this is gonna be one of the few times I root for the cowboys!)
And what are they, "Stick me here" - No dice buddy, check with Aimhigh.