Road Conditions

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Anyone been out? Road condition reports would be great for anyone who may have to venture out.

T

toppick08

Plowing here in L'Town......just be careful. Slow and easy.

LusbyMom

You're a LOON :)
Haven't been out yet. Had a tree across our road but the neighbor just cut it and I helped him move it out of the street.

mizteresa1965

Don't go out unless it's an absolute must.

Hubby is out plowing snow for the county, he left this morning at 6am and said the roads were awful, and he has 4WD. Snow packed and slippery. If you have anything less than a 4WD, you won't make it anywhere.

bcp

In My Opinion
I shoveled (ok, wife did it) from the house to the door of the truck

Truck can push out to the road, road has been sorta plowed, but

Unless I get a request to give a nurse a ride (Im on the list for AAMC) I seen no need to move the truck.
Im sure the truck will be ok, but I cant do anything about the goober in the mustang (or Ford F-350 Dually) that thinks he needs to play.

Lizzy4459

It doesn't matter if you have a 4WD or not. It depends on how a person drives. 4WD isn't going to help you if you are sliding. I've seen more 4WD and AWD vehicles off the road then any other. I've driven an a rear wheel drive mustang in way more snow than this. Just drive slow and pay attention! Oh and cleaning the snow off the roof really helps everyone else.

tomtom

Emergency personnel may need to get from home to police station/hospital/fire dept...that work for you?

:yeahthat: I am one of those.I have to go out a little later to get to the rescue squad, lots of other people have to do it as well, to get to rescue squads and fire departments and mAlice said, so if their are car accidents, or whatever, the emergency responders will be there to help.

lbreder

2into4
What do we do if we have a tree down on our road? I live in the ranch club. I had to be at work this morning and wasnt able to make it in. Im still trying to go in but our road NEVER gets plowed and with a tree makes it a lil difficult.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
What do we do if we have a tree down on our road? I live in the ranch club. I had to be at work this morning and wasnt able to make it in. Im still trying to go in but our road NEVER gets plowed and with a tree makes it a lil difficult.

Get a chain saw an get to work

smilin

BOXER NATION
Get a chain saw an get to work

Welcome to the "country". Be prepared, count on yourself before you count on anyone else.

Roads stink. This is heavy, slippery stuff. Go slow if you need to go at all.
The plows have been doing a great job. They have our main road plowed, but it is still a sheet of slippery slush.
:buddies:

Natron0915

After all the whining I did last weekend about my road, I have to say that this time I'm super pleased. I've already been plowed and could easily get out if I need to. Thanks CRE road crews!

lbreder

2into4
After all the whining I did last weekend about my road, I have to say that this time I'm super pleased. I've already been plowed and could easily get out if I need to. Thanks CRE road crews!

How did you do that? We need a tree removed and our road plowed so I can get to work.

J

jp2854

a car just flipped over down here and is in the ditch taking on water (so the scanner says).

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
I dont have one. Im waiting for others to wake up so I can get some help.

I you're an EMT or heart surgeon and NEED to be somewhere, go bang on your neighbor's doors.

:gossip: look for smoke from a chimney, they probably have one

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
It doesn't matter if you have a 4WD or not. It depends on how a person drives. 4WD isn't going to help you if you are sliding. I've seen more 4WD and AWD vehicles off the road then any other. I've driven an a rear wheel drive mustang in way more snow than this. Just drive slow and pay attention! Oh and cleaning the snow off the roof really helps everyone else.
:bs:

shannonbrio

How did you do that? We need a tree removed and our road plowed so I can get to work.

If you absolutely needed to be somewhere, you would have already had 2-3 contigency plans set up or would have stayed the night where you needed to be. Seeing as if that is not the case, stop asking to be bailed out and ride it out.