Robert Griffin or bust?

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Should we have started Beck so that we can get that #1 pick next year? Draft one if these other Ramsey look-alikes with the #6 pick?

You see your guy, you don't wait. You don't flinch.

Do you honestly think we'd have been a worse team with Beck? 980 was making the case the other day that we would have been a playoff team with Manning (obviously healthy) under center last year. They honestly seem to think that all the skill people that grew up with Payton would have just suddenly appeared out of our roster had Payton been our guy. Then, they assume, somehow, he would have lived through it.

As for Beck, the guys who thought so highly of Donovan and Beck and Rex, now they think RGIII is going to make us whole.

BuddyLee

Football addict
All I can do is hope your right. Hope your right that we are blazing a trail of a whole new way to being a top team.

:buddies:

Right or wrong we're all rooting for the same team.

I think this moves elevates more than one position. Free agents will be more enticed. This is also a shot of morale in the arm of this team.

BuddyLee

Football addict
Do you honestly think we'd have been a worse team with Beck? 980 was making the case the other day that we would have been a playoff team with Manning (obviously healthy) under center last year. They honestly seem to think that all the skill people that grew up with Payton would have just suddenly appeared out of our roster had Payton been our guy. Then, they assume, somehow, he would have lived through it.

As for Beck, the guys who thought so highly of Donovan and Beck and Rex, now they think RGIII is going to make us whole.

I don't think we'd win one game with Beck, honestly. He hasn't won a game yet.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Right or wrong we're all rooting for the same team.

I think this moves elevates more than one position. Free agents will be more enticed. This is also a shot of morale in the arm of this team.

I hope, all I can do is hope, you are right. I ain't seeing it.

BuddyLee

Football addict
Two more references...

Raiders gave up two #1s for a 'done' Carson Palmer. Atlanta gave up a ton to trade up for Julio Jones last year.

BuddyLee

Football addict
We are not calling Palmer a success for the Raiders just yet are we?

Nope. I'd say Palmer is a bust for them. Just goes to show that the price tag doesn't matter much when it comes to a potential franchise QB. Teams reach and over pay all the time for something like this.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Nope. I'd say Palmer is a bust for them. Just goes to show that the price tag doesn't matter much when it comes to a potential franchise QB. Teams reach and over pay all the time for something like this.

:lol:

Got me there! I guess I should have said 'you don't do this sort of thing AND be successful."

:lol:

Peter Forsberg

Snyder is a genius.... Go re-up you're season tickets for another year Skins fans.... He has you by the balls again. suckers...

BuddyLee

Football addict
Snyder is a genius.... Go re-up you're season tickets for another year Skins fans.... He has you by the balls again. suckers...

Yeah because that self-proclaimed 'dream team' sure worked out for Lurie. Philly will never win a SB but...

...they have 'passion'!:lmao:

OldHillcrestGuy

If we get him, I think it is for the long term and I don't know that he should start any time soon. The Eagles put McNabb in as a rookie and he did OK but, I think it stunted him for the rest of his career. Lotta bad habits develop when so much is on you and you spend most of your time running for your life.

I don't think you shell out two #1's and all the rest they're talking about to get him. Build the team sez I.

:buddies:

No we shell out three #1's. Newton did allright his his first year in Carolina.

BuddyLee

Football addict
Oh really?

“The Washington Redskins have received no written documentation from the NFL concerning adjustments to the team salary cap in 2012 as reported in various media outlets.

"Every contract entered into by the club during the applicable periods complied with the 2010 and 2011 collective bargaining agreements and, in fact, were approved by the NFL commissioner’s office.

"We look forward to free agency, the draft and the coming football season.”

Redskins Statement On Salary Cap Reports

BuddyLee

Football addict
Dude they are up ****** river
It may look that way but...

Not really. Even if the league does impose this illegal sanction and the Redskins/Cowboys don't fight it, the Redskins have plenty of room to work. Last years left-over cap room counts towards this year. Plus they cut a bit of fat today in Atogwe and Sellers