Rockfish?

Caution

These were caught in the bay between Hoopers light and buoy 74 in 90-124' of water on white. I heard a couple captains say green was hot too.

This weekend I'm heading out behind St. Clements Island and may run down past Ragged Point too.

Good Luck! I am heading down to the boat now. LOL Buddy just called and told me they were nailing them this morning off Ragged Point. Captain already came back in with his limit of 6. LOL Phooey on it. Mowing the yard can wait. LOL

Chris0nllyn

I'll be heading out of Solomon's Island this Saturday for the tourney.

Weather looks like it'll be perfect!

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
I'll be heading out of Solomon's Island this Saturday for the tourney.

Weather looks like it'll be perfect!
The 3 day tourney? Friday, Saturday & Sunday? I was supposed to go with my BIL but had to re-build the transmission in my truck.

Good luck!

Chris0nllyn

The 3 day tourney? Friday, Saturday & Sunday? I was supposed to go with my BIL but had to re-build the transmission in my truck.

Good luck!

Yea, but I'm only going out on Sat. "Championship on the Chesapeake" is the name, IIRC.

Psh, transmissions aren't that important!

Thanks!

Caution

4 in the box

Out for 4 hours. Caught 6. 4 keepers and 2 throw backs. 3 on the Boat Lines and 1 on the Planer Boards. Had several other hard pull downs on the lines.

We were running back and forth south of Ragged Point. Kept to the Va Side and kept it in around 45' of water. Most fish seemed to be around 20' - 25' deep.

Not sure about the lengths just yet. I know we had one a hair over 39" the rest I am unsure as we did not measure those. Will get that done when the boy gets back here as he has the cooler in his truck.

Good day though. If I can average one fish per hour for Rockfish I call it a good day.

Hope to head back out very early in the morning. Seems to be when we have been having the best luck.

Last edited:
Out for 4 hours. Caught 6. 4 keepers and 2 throw backs. 3 on the Boat Lines and 1 on the Planer Boards. Had several other hard pull downs on the lines.

We were running back and forth south of Ragged Point. Kept to the Va Side and kept it in around 45' of water. Most fish seemed to be around 20' - 25' deep.

Not sure about the lengths just yet. I know we had one a hair over 39" the rest I am unsure as we did not measure those. Will get that done when the boy gets back here as he has the cooler in his truck.

Good day though. If I can average one fish per hour for Rockfish I call it a good day.

Hope to head back out very early in the morning. Seems to be when we have been having the best luck.
Ragged point is where? Asking for a bud. I should know this. Memory...

Baja28

Obama destroyed America

:yahoo: :clap:

Do you have a VHF? I'll holler for ya Saturday.

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
Yea, but I'm only going out on Sat. "Championship on the Chesapeake" is the name, IIRC.

Psh, transmissions aren't that important!

Thanks!

Cut holes in the floor and Fred Flintstone that S.O.B. :lmao:
It's the $$. I just bought two Ugly sticks with Penn 330GT's that set me back $355.00, $1900.00 for the trans. I owed taxes this year and I'm expanding my asphalt driveway. No more bills!! :faint:

Caution

:yahoo: :clap:

Do you have a VHF? I'll holler for ya Saturday.

I won't be going out Saturday. I go out with the Step Father and I believe he has the boat booked up solid for saturday so I am letting the boy go. I'll be going tomorrow and Sunday. But if you go out you can yell on 68 for Captain Craig. I'll let him know to listen for ya and maybe he can give you an update on what he thinks is going on Sat. morning. He seems to have that area pretty well figured out as his family has had a Boathouse in Herring Creek since about the sixties I believe.

Caution

Thought the first was a 39". More like 38 and a piece. Others were 2x 37, and a 36". Glad I sharpened the knives this morning.

Attachments

• 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    216.3 KB · Views: 74

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
About 15 of us just got a ride nailed down on one of our favorite local captains for the 17th...

Caution

Went out for a bit today. Was right dang breezy. Coming out of the east so we hugged the MD side of the Potomac. Caught one 38" in about 40' of water. And got another on one of the longer lines and lost it about 3/4 of the way to the boat. Was hard to keep a constant speed and during a slow spell and he decided to try and go deep while crossing over two other lines that we could not get reeled in fast enough.

Fish were scattered and we were not able to find large groups like we could yesterday. Looks like the winds are going to be a bit better tomorrow. 10-11 out of the NE.