Roger...so the vet said..

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
Suspect inflammatory reaction from thrush treatment/laminitis (used clean trax..anyone ever use this?) NO rotation 4 films done..

Bute 2 X day for a week then bute 1 X day for another week.

Banamine 5cc im 2 X day for 10 days..

All 4 legs kept in quilts/polos..

AND

ICE FEET 3-4 X DAILY FOR 7 DAYS..2 hrs in ice..2 hrs off..

How do peeps work full time and keep horses????

BZHorseMomE

Hunter/Eq. Trainer :-)
Pasofever said:
Suspect inflammatory reaction from thrush treatment/laminitis (used clean trax..anyone ever use this?) NO rotation 4 films done..

Bute 2 X day for a week then bute 1 X day for another week.

Banamine 5cc im 2 X day for 10 days..

All 4 legs kept in quilts/polos..

AND

ICE FEET 3-4 X DAILY FOR 7 DAYS..2 hrs in ice..2 hrs off..

How do peeps work full time and keep horses????

Wishing Roger a quick recovery. :flowers:

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
fredsaid2 said:
Good heavens! Poor guy! Does he stand well for his ice treatments?

Vet said get cold packs 9 1/2 X 16" I got 4 so I would have two cold ones..they were not cheap either...So he ate the first set tonight...jell inside and all..he left the cotton wrap and platic cover...then I polo wrapped him and came in the call the vet about the jell...he ruined two more good quilted cottons and two more polos in that 1/2 hr...So tomorrow he will be tied for 6-8 hrs. (2 hrs 3 to 4 times) and if he messes up the other two ice packs I will tie him with legs in a water trough..may do that anyway..Have any ideas...he cost me alot of equipment today..

fredsaid2

Pasofever said:
Vet said get cold packs 9 1/2 X 16" I got 4 so I would have two cold ones..they were not cheap either...So he ate the first set tonight...jell inside and all..he left the cotton wrap and platic cover...then I polo wrapped him and came in the call the vet about the jell...he ruined two more good quilted cottons and two more polos in that 1/2 hr...So tomorrow he will be tied for 6-8 hrs. (2 hrs 3 to 4 times) and if he messes up the other two ice packs I will tie him with legs in a water trough..may do that anyway..Have any ideas...he cost me alot of equipment today..

He's intent on not having to deal w/ the wraps! What about that spray, can't think of the name, that tastes bad so they leave things like wraps alone? Wish I had a good idea for you that didn't cost a mint, sorry!

appendixqh

Silence!!! I Kill You!!!
fredsaid2 said:
He's intent on not having to deal w/ the wraps! What about that spray, can't think of the name, that tastes bad so they leave things like wraps alone? Wish I had a good idea for you that didn't cost a mint, sorry!

Here is what I use to keep the mouthy one away...Some water to wet the outside down just so it is damp...then cayanne pepper all over the outside (the water makes it stick, a spray bottle works great!) This is a fairly cheap way to stop chewing wood, or wraps. I have also used "Daves Insanity Sauce" available for a few bucks at Bear Creek BBQ. :howdy:

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
fredsaid2 said:

I am sure it will not help..I know what you mean..I will tie him..he has ALWAYS been like that..if you put him away and forgot to take off the SMBs he would eat them too..he also took off my cell phone case just now when I was removing the partial torn wraps..he is tired of being in a stall too..been 4 days and she said several more..NO excercise..

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
appendixqh said:
Here is what I use to keep the mouthy one away...Some water to wet the outside down just so it is damp...then cayanne pepper all over the outside (the water makes it stick, a spray bottle works great!) This is a fairly cheap way to stop chewing wood, or wraps. I have also used "Daves Insanity Sauce" available for a few bucks at Bear Creek BBQ. :howdy:

The problem with that is I have to change it 3-4 times a day...and it will have me screaming...

fredsaid2

Paso, I have a pair of bright orange polos, maybe the color will scare him! You're welcome to them since you're running through your supply. We bought a bunch a few years ago as gifts and ended up w/ the orange set. Somehow they just don't set off a chestnut horse :smile:

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
fredsaid2 said:
Paso, I have a pair of bright orange polos, maybe the color will scare him! You're welcome to them since you're running through your supply. We bought a bunch a few years ago as gifts and ended up w/ the orange set. Somehow they just don't set off a chestnut horse :smile:

Thanks I dont plan to use more..I have a few sets left from my "heavy" ebay days...I appreciate it will let you know if I run short...his hinds are still wrapped...and he will be TIED tomorrow each time he has to be wrapped for the ice therapy..

fredsaid2

Pasofever said:
Thanks I dont plan to use more..I have a few sets left from my "heavy" ebay days...I appreciate it will let you know if I run short...his hinds are still wrapped...and he will be TIED tomorrow each time he has to be wrapped for the ice therapy..

K, good luck!

Labs4Me

Pasofever said:
My mare had some laminitis issues a few years ago. She became a real pain with icing her feet so I got those ReitSport Bell Boots that have the gel packs inside them. I loved those!! It made things MUCH easier!! For the whole problem with him ruining his wraps...maybe you could use one of those cribbing muzzles. I know the company that makes the nice grazing muzzles also makes a cribbing muzzle that still allows them to eat and drink freely so he could still munch on hay and not be too bored in his stall. I would think he wouldn't be able to bite and rip off his wraps with one of those on though. Not sure if any of that would help or not but good luck!!

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
Labs4Me said:
My mare had some laminitis issues a few years ago. She became a real pain with icing her feet so I got those ReitSport Bell Boots that have the gel packs inside them. I loved those!! It made things MUCH easier!! For the whole problem with him ruining his wraps...maybe you could use one of those cribbing muzzles. I know the company that makes the nice grazing muzzles also makes a cribbing muzzle that still allows them to eat and drink freely so he could still munch on hay and not be too bored in his stall. I would think he wouldn't be able to bite and rip off his wraps with one of those on though. Not sure if any of that would help or not but good luck!!

I just sold one of those muzzles on ebay..oh well..can you find me a linkie to the bell boots..never heard of them...

He is a WP horse..he has not problems with being hung to a wall for a few hours.. :lmao: Which is what is going to happen today when he is wrapped with ice packs.. :lmao:

fredsaid2

Pasofever said:
I just sold one of those muzzles on ebay..oh well..can you find me a linkie to the bell boots..never heard of them...

He is a WP horse..he has not problems with being hung to a wall for a few hours.. :lmao: Which is what is going to happen today when he is wrapped with ice packs.. :lmao:

Horsetech carries this reitsport boots , I've seen them on the Smartpak site too.

appendixqh

Silence!!! I Kill You!!!
Labs4Me said:

I have one I am not using if you would like to borrow it! :howdy:

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
appendixqh said:
I have one I am not using if you would like to borrow it! :howdy:

Muzzle? May need to thanks...just for as long as it takes to find one on ebay..let me see how todays 3-4 soaks go.. :whistle:

appendixqh

Silence!!! I Kill You!!!
Pasofever said:
Muzzle? May need to thanks...just for as long as it takes to find one on ebay..let me see how todays 3-4 soaks go.. :whistle:

Yes, it is a cribbing muzzle...it may work...or just slow up his progress! :killingme I had a horse that would try to pull on my vinyl top-rail...she PIZZZed me off...with this on she could still eat and drink...but couldn't get a hold of my fence....this is the same witchie-poo that pulled my automatic waterer off the wall and broke the water line! I went to Elams one day and asked for a muzzle or a shotgun...luckily he had these muzzles! I was so annoyed that I bought two in case the first one broke!

:wench:

G-Diddy

Pasofever said:

You might wat to try a cradle. It's a wooden contraption that fits around the neck and prevents the horse for reaching its front legs by restricting its ability to bend its neck. It sounds bad but its really humane.

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
G-Diddy said:
You might wat to try a cradle. It's a wooden contraption that fits around the neck and prevents the horse for reaching its front legs by restricting its ability to bend its neck. It sounds bad but its really humane.

You know I had one of them too...sold it on ebayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy :lmao: Crap why do I do these things...

Yesterday when I was wrapping him he pulled my cell phone from its case then held it up so I could not get it from him :ohwell: He is REALLY bored in the stall it is a 12 X 14 but its still not "out side" Thanks guys for all the help this will be a challenge...

He stood like a dream eating this am as I popped him in the butt with his banamine..he really is good to work with..just a character..

Robin from Canter Lope knows he is a trip..she is so nice to us one time he ripped his sheet and she knew I could not get by because of mom and she brought me 2 from the store...really nice to deal with.. :huggy: