Roger...so the vet said..

Busterduck

Kiss my Ass
G-Diddy said:
You might wat to try a cradle. It's a wooden contraption that fits around the neck and prevents the horse for reaching its front legs by restricting its ability to bend its neck. It sounds bad but its really humane.

Paso, I have one of those if you need to borrow.

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
Busterduck said:
Paso, I have one of those if you need to borrow.

Thanks I will let you know how today goes..I would hate to have him eat your cradle or do something to a borrowed muzzle..you dont know my Roger.. :lmao:

Robin

There is a few of the sprays out there to help refrain the horse from eating his wraps but Roger would probably like the taste (Like salad dressing) or candy coating.. tying him is probably the best take a good magazine and a comfy chair and take a break while he is tied. A muzzle will help but Knowing Roger he would hudini it off ... eat up the wraps and give Paso the look like I didn't do it, wee did... Good Luck Paso I hope this goes well for ya

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
Robin said:
There is a few of the sprays out there to help refrain the horse from eating his wraps but Roger would probably like the taste (Like salad dressing) or candy coating.. tying him is probably the best take a good magazine and a comfy chair and take a break while he is tied. A muzzle will help but Knowing Roger he would hudini it off ... eat up the wraps and give Paso the look like I didn't do it, wee did... Good Luck Paso I hope this goes well for ya

:lol: He is on his own...I got pics of him now he seems content..

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
Robin said:
I'll keep my fingers crossed that all goes well. Did the doc suggest xrays at a later date?

I call her back Friday....she did not say anything about more X rays at this time..she said the 4 she took were good...And as he has been lame over 10 days if he as going to rotate he would have...here he is at 1 when I did his wraps today..

Attachments

• 5820071602.jpg
    5820071602.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 93
  • 5820071604.jpg
    5820071604.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 88
  • 5820071605.jpg
    5820071605.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 86
  • 5820071606.jpg
    5820071606.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 82

Robin

good lord, thank god there is no rotation. Roger you are 1 tough guy. He has just realized that sad face works, to get you down to visit him a couple more times a day. I think he misses all that time you spent down there when you had the orphans.

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
Roger...so the vet said.. 05-08-2007 03:25 PM learn to take better care of your horses

Would anyone that knows me like to comment on this please...

2baymares

Pasofever said:
Roger...so the vet said.. 05-08-2007 03:25 PM learn to take better care of your horses

Don't worry about that PMer. They obviously do not know you. The people that matter know you take very good care of your animals. :huggy:

SerenitStables

Pasofever said:

They have no room to talk....Paso has taken amazing care of Roger. s*** happens. Any horse person knows that!

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
SerenitStables said:
They have no room to talk....Paso has taken amazing care of Roger. s*** happens. Any horse person knows that!

You know if the vet is right and the clean trax treatment helped do this..I paid the blacksmith $50 to do it to him :ohwell:

SerenitStables

Pasofever said:
You know if the vet is right and the clean trax treatment helped do this..I paid the blacksmith $50 to do it to him :ohwell:

That stinks :frown:

A little off topic...but I talked to Nick finally...will call you with his new story on life!

Robin

chalk it off as a learnin experience dont do it again and move on Roger might just be sensitive. I wouldn't want to chance it. We know he is spoiled and delicate

Loper

Animal Poor!
Pasofever said:

I've got a bottle of Clean Trax that I was going to use on one of the horses last year and never did becuase the thrush cleared up on it's own. I've kept it around just in case, should I throw it away?

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
Loper said:
I've got a bottle of Clean Trax that I was going to use on one of the horses last year and never did becuase the thrush cleared up on it's own. I've kept it around just in case, should I throw it away?

You know the blacksmiths swear by the stuff...and it worked on the thrush...they swear it did not do it...so I dont know...he was out on my larger field with clover but hell it was not that much but he still got his warm beet pulp 3 X day as you can see he is FAT..