Rolands Potato Salad

PJay

I have the mock recipe for that! I found it online awhile back!

Here’s the link!

Now hopefully someone on here can find a Rolands worker that can give me the inside details in the ingredients 🤣🤣
That's my favorite for barbecue sandwiches. :yum:

PJay

There are so many variations! I have the Popeyes and KFC one in my personal cookbook.
Yep! Have you made the mock KFC coleslaw? If so, does it taste the same?

Have you tried using half mayo and half miracle whip (I expect to be puked on for mentioning that one on here but I love it so :razz:) when trying to copy grocery store potato salad?

I see they use green onion.. or is that green pepper?

Last edited:

Mikes02

Yeah I have made it! It’s almost a complete match! I don’t recognize and green onion in the Roland’s. It’s really creamy with almost no crunch of vegetables. I have not tried mixing mayo and miracle whip.. I’m not sure that’s the ingredient. I don’t mind miracle whip tho haha. I like all condiments.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Yep! Have you made the mock KFC coleslaw? If so, does it taste the same?

Have you tried using half mayo and miracle whip (I expect to me puked on for mentioning that one on here but I love it so :razz:) when trying to copy grocery store potato salad?

I see they use green onion.. or is that green pepper?
Maybe celery?

PeoplesElbow

I’ve tried many different variations and still can’t get the flavor down! I feel like we need an inside man 🤣 another Southern Maryland Staple is the McKay’s Coleslaw. McKay’s is closing all its stores and soon that recipe will be gone. I asked a store associate for it since it’s closing and they refused to give it!!
How sure are you that it's made there and doesn't come out of a big tub?

I worked at a grocery store and our home made crab spread came out of a big tub, I shoveled it out into the smaller containers myself.

Mikes02

I’m 100% sure it’s made there. One time it was out and the lady at the deli said they would be making more and it would be ready later in the day.

Trust me this is potato salad of all potato salads haha. One bite and you’ll be hooked. It’s silky smooth and has the right amount of egg with a subtle sweetness. There is no crunch from vegetables but you can see and taste the celery seed.

I’m sure it does have some mustard in it bunch just enough to make it an off white beige color .

PJay

I’m 100% sure it’s made there. One time it was out and the lady at the deli said they would be making more and it would be ready later in the day.

Trust me this is potato salad of all potato salads haha. One bite and you’ll be hooked. It’s silky smooth and has the right amount of egg with a subtle sweetness. There is no crunch from vegetables but you can see and taste the celery seed.

I’m sure it does have some mustard in it bunch just enough to make it an off white beige color .

Never hurts to ask...if they say no.. tell them you have an allergy to some things so you have a need to know. Simple..works for me. Good luck 👍

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member

Sounds exactly like the potato salad someone made for the guests dinner after my grandson's christening last June. I actually like my tater salad "chunky" and "crunchy" but what I had at that dinner was amazing. No idea which of the family made it..the dinner was pot luck style.

NextJen

Raisin cane
I had the pleasure of trying Rolands potato salad this past week. A friend got some of their chicken for dinner and asked if I wanted the potato salad as a side. Funny, he doesn’t eat potato salad but asked me to give it a grade. I gave it a 9 out of 10. It was really good, but I like a little more crunch and it was a tad bit sweet. I really liked that it was creamy and not runny or juicy like some store bought brands.

Grumpy

:lol: Funny, yesterday was the first time I was ever in Rolands and I don't live that far away from it. I have heard about their potato salad tho, think my daughter likes it and has spoke of it.

nobody really

I need a nap
i hate all things potatoe, but they do have a good one, and I really like it. Their fried chicken is awesome also, and their carrot cake is delish. those ladies know how to cook.

PeoplesElbow

Hmmm that's also what I would have said. I also had to lie about re-dating the meat when people would want it at a discount near the end of it's "last day". I told them they handle that in the morning, stupid hippies always wanting a discount because they didn't have jobs.

stgislander

PREMO Member
Whatever you do, don't get Chaptico Market potato salad. :dead:

My wife had to doctor it up before she could eat it. (I was afraid to taste it.)

PJay

animation fashion GIF by Gap