Ronald Reagan

SamSpade

Originally posted by donbarzini
Hey Sleuth,

Have you seen the moron on Rte 228 in Waldorf. He says that Bush/Cheney orchestrated 9-11!!!!!

Most of my relatives already believe that. They think they created the whole thing to justify war and improve Bush's rating, and (this is what I don't get) improve the economy.

Right. These are the same folks who also believe Bush is a total moron, but his clever plan has remained under wraps all this time. Some people just hate for no good reason.

SmallTown

Football season!
Originally posted by sleuth
Dang... I wonder where those two big-azz towers in NYC went then... I was there in November '01 and someone was talking about terrorists hitting them, but I guess they were lying.

Doh! I know what happened, they must have sprouted legs and walked themselves into the ocean... :rolleyes: ... but that still doesn't explain that giant gash in the Pentagon that I saw first-hand or that plane that crashed in Pennsylvania that I saw on the news...

Or that attack in Bali...
Or... gosh there was a whole list of things someone posted awhile back of all the "terrorist" activities that have happened since 9/11. But... my mistake, they weren't caused by terrorists. I just wish someone could explain who it was then. :confused:

Actually, your proved JLs point. Yes, we know they are terrorists. But we have no idea just "who" they are or where to find them. Reagan had the advantage of of knowing exactly who is enemy was in most cases.
Bush is currently fighting a battle in which we sometimes don't really know who our enemies are until they attack us.

Case at point, we know that many of the ones involved in 9-11 perished in the attacks. But we really don't know exactly who else was involved. Oh sure, we point out people like Bin Laden, but I'm certain there are plenty more people that were involved in the planning. Sure, we may have possibly killed some of them in the bombings in afghanistan, but again we just don't know.

Reagan and Bush have/had completely different enemies, and it is really hard to say how either would handle being in the other person's situation.

ylexot

Super Genius
Originally posted by SmallTown
Actually, your proved JLs point.
How so? Ok, we knew who the Russians were and we don't know who or where all the terrorists are. How does that prove that "Bush is making them up to suit his needs"?

SmallTown

Football season!
Originally posted by ylexot
How so? Ok, we knew who the Russians were and we don't know who or where all the terrorists are. How does that prove that "Bush is making them up to suit his needs"?

He may have been refering to the "Yes, there is a direct iraq-al-qaeda connection" when rumsfeld himself declared there was no connection.

And as for the other terrorists, no we don't "make it up" But we also don't know who they are until we are hit. it is a very fluid situation which makes it very difficult to isolate and contain the enemy.