Ronald Reagan

jlabsher

Sorry about that chief.
OK Miss Innocent Vrai, go back and review this whole post. The first "ugly" post was reply #5 saying the libs would put a nasty spin on it.

I believe I said I liked Ronnie. You of course, call me a democrat and liar, even though I remember voting for Ronnie twice. I remember the 600 ship navy, the way he boosted DOD in a time of need, & cut through all the DC BS to get stuff done, & yes Reaganomics (which didn't work).

I just painted the diff between him & the moron in office now, after some folks compared them.

So, get over yourself and move on.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Originally posted by Ken King
So all Democrats are like this?
Obviously they are. Turn on the TV. Watch these boards. If you want a real treat, go jump on the DU for a few minutes. It's not one or two people.

I'm interested in your logic train now. You say it's the "fringe", yet your whole party seems to be made of of this so-called fringe, with a few exceptions. So MY logic says it YOU that's the fringe of the Democratic party, not the DUers.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Originally posted by cariblue
:confused:
C'mon, get with the program. Saddam Hussein and Osama bin Laden are little choir boys and that mean Bush is just victimizing them because he's a war monger. :rolleyes:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Question for you, Kenny K:

Did you vote for Al Gore? If the anwer is "no", then you are the fringe of your party, not the norm.

Are you going to vote for John Kerry? If not, then you are the fringe.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Originally posted by vraiblonde
Question for you, Kenny K:

Did you vote for Al Gore? If the anwer is "no", then you are the fringe of your party, not the norm.

Are you going to vote for John Kerry? If not, then you are the fringe.
Vote for Gore - No
Vote for Kerry - No

I don't march lockstep with any party and those that do certainly let others think for them. As a matter of fact I can't remember ever voting for the Democratic candidate for President.

I think free-thinking people are a "fringe" but that is the one where the Democratic and Republican moderates merge and not at the end of the spectrum where the whackos hang out.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
As a matter of fact I can't remember ever voting for the Democratic candidate for President.
Then why are you a Democrat if you're not even going to vote for them?

Ken King

PREMO Member
I am an American and as such can associate with any party I choose, I only registered to play in the primary election and at the time I chose the factors I considered important were more aligned with Democrats. When I vote I don't let party affiliation set my ballot - I use my brain and don't rely upon what others say I should do. Try it, you might like it.

SmallTown

Football season!

Easy to want to follow or support the ideas of a party, but not the person running.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Try it, you might like it.
Feeling defensive, are we? That's okay - if I didn't know why I was registered to my political party, I might be defensive, too.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Originally posted by SmallTown
Easy to want to follow or support the ideas of a party, but not the person running.
But isn't the person running supposed to embody the party itself? If not, how did they get nominated, let alone elected, if they don't represent the party platform?

Toxick

Splat
But isn't the person running supposed to embody the party itself?

:lmao: :lol: :killingme

If not, how did they get nominated, let alone elected, if they don't represent the party platform?

That's what I want to know!

Christy

b*tch rocket
Originally posted by jlabsher
Also, Reagan didn't base his whole campaign, his whole being and essence on fright. Bush hasn't made a speech since 9/11 where he hasn't uttered the words "war on terror". I wouldn't be surprised if he said to girl scout troop 132, "We need to sell more cookies to win the war on terror."

Reagan had a known and real enemy, Bush is making them up to suit his needs, Reagan had a domestic agenda as well as a global agenda, Bush is a one-note Johnny. Reagan had a clear agenda, before 9/11 Bush was a cork adrift in a sea of platitudes & campaign promises. Reagan had a pair, the Bush family hasn't had one for 50 years.

That whole post was :bs: and you know it. If anything, people were in more fear that Reagan would start a nuclear war. Your memory must be fading. :duh: I was in my teens when Reagan was in office, but I remember all to well they hysterical frenzy the lefties were in over nuclear holocaust and the deficit.

Bush and Reagan have similar visions and similar views on just about everything from the economy and not shoving our head in the sand when it comes to our enemies.

ylexot

Super Genius
Originally posted by Christy
If anything, people were in more fear that Reagan would start a nuclear war. Your memory must be fading. :duh: I was in my teens when Reagan was in office, but I remember all to well they hysterical frenzy the lefties were in over nuclear holocaust and the deficit.
You know, I forgot all about that until you mentioned it. Remember "The Day After"? I was ~9 when that was on TV and I know it scared me.

Ken King

PREMO Member
Feeling defensive, are we? That's okay - if I didn't know why I was registered to my political party, I might be defensive, too.
No defensiveness about it, if there was ever to be a good candidate for President from the Democratic Party I would vote for them.

The way you cry and moan about Bush being a wuss why did you vote for him? Or is it you just saw the (R) and made your mark?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Originally posted by ylexot
You know, I forgot all about that until you mentioned it.
Remember Phil Collins' "Land of Confusion" video? With Ronnie accidentally nuking the world?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
The way you cry and moan about Bush being a wuss why did you vote for him?
Because Al Gore was way worse. And I DIDN'T vote for Bush in the primary, if you care to remember.

Or is it you just saw the (R) and made your mark?
Hey, I'm a conservative and I believe in the Republican platform. It stands to reason that I would vote for Republicans.

However, you didn't answer my question: if you don't vote for Democrats, why are you registered as a Democrat?

Ken King

PREMO Member
Because Al Gore was way worse. And I DIDN'T vote for Bush in the primary, if you care to remember.

Hey, I'm a conservative and I believe in the Republican platform. It stands to reason that I would vote for Republicans.

However, you didn't answer my question: if you don't vote for Democrats, why are you registered as a Democrat?
As I have told you before, I was an Independent but wanted to play in the primary (mostly on the local elections, wanting a say as to who the general election candidates are) and chose the one that I was most aligned with.

BTW I would like to say that you are a very liberal conservative.

ylexot

Super Genius
Remember Phil Collins' "Land of Confusion" video? With Ronnie accidentally nuking the world?
Vaguely. I didn't have cable until I was in college, so I didn't see many videos.

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
Originally posted by jlabsher
Reagan had a known and real enemy, Bush is making them up to suit his needs.

Dang... I wonder where those two big-azz towers in NYC went then... I was there in November '01 and someone was talking about terrorists hitting them, but I guess they were lying.

Doh! I know what happened, they must have sprouted legs and walked themselves into the ocean... :rolleyes: ... but that still doesn't explain that giant gash in the Pentagon that I saw first-hand or that plane that crashed in Pennsylvania that I saw on the news...

Or that attack in Bali...
Or... gosh there was a whole list of things someone posted awhile back of all the "terrorist" activities that have happened since 9/11. But... my mistake, they weren't caused by terrorists. I just wish someone could explain who it was then. :confused:

Last edited:

donbarzini

Originally posted by sleuth
Dang... I wonder where those two big-azz towers in NYC went then... I was there in November '01 and someone was talking about terrorists hitting them, but I guess they were lying.

Doh! I know what happened, they must have sprouted legs and walked themselves into the ocean... :rolleyes: ... but that still doesn't explain that giant gash in the Pentagon that I saw first-hand or that plane that crashed in Pennsylvania that I saw on the news...

Or that attack in Bali...
Or... gosh there was a whole list of things someone posted awhile back of all the "terrorist" activities that have happened since 9/11. But... my mistake, they weren't caused by terrorists. I just wish someone could explain who it was then. :confused:

Hey Sleuth,

Have you seen the moron on Rte 228 in Waldorf. He says that Bush/Cheney orchestrated 9-11!!!!!