Ruby Tuesday closed? (California, MD)

SamSpade

Bob Evans quality?

:lmao: what a ####hole of a place.

I've really never been a fan - but I know lots of - mostly older people - who love
their whole style of food. I mean, how many restaurants have things like meat loaf
or sliced turkey and gravy as their signature dishes?

HOWEVER - it may well be that THAT is what the area will support.
And Mexican. Even though Monterey's is closed, there seems to be a large
appetite for Mexican here, along with steak houses. Stray too far from these,
and your luck will run out eventually.

awpitt

Main Streeter
This was posted by a former Ruby Tuesdays employee....

I'm pretty sure I can say something because I didn't take the severance package. As employees we were notified the night before for an emergency meeting the next morning. We all knew something was wrong because nothing like that ever happens. Our meeting was at 9:00am and by 9:15 we were all out of jobs. It wasn't because we "had mouse droppings" (yes we see your comments too honey) which wasn't possible seeing as we wiped that place spotless every single day and every night and never had we had a mouse in the entire year that I worked there. It wasn't because we were understaffed (although we were) and it wasn't because of our food or business. We had picked up and we're working 40 hour shifts for each and every one of us and leaving with $200+ every night so please tell me how our business was slow with that type of cash. We all lost our jobs because the owners decided not to renew the lease and knowingly didn't tell us until the day we closed. We were told that that was going to be the last time we would be in that building and we were all unemployed. Y'all think that just because you know a little something that you know everything. Well, in this case, ya don't. Don't be shady and don't be hateful because we have a lot of people, myself included, whom which ruby tuesdays was our only income and we are now scrambling to find new jobs to be able to pay our bills, our rent, to feed our families and to get by. So, instead of being nit picky little a*******, why don't you try to give us a hand and help your neighbor.

awpitt

Main Streeter
Is there SOME kind of restaurant that endures around here?
Just about every long-standing restaurant I know around here is gone or at the very least,
is under new management. The "new" stretch of restaurants with Olive Garden and
Red Robin are still there, but that's not been THAT long.

Asahi has endured. Bob Evans. IHOP.
The various Chinese buffet and carry outs.
(Except the awful one that was in Wildewood).
Nicoletti's.

I'm just amazed that some locations don't even seem to last a whole YEAR.

Not sure what you mean. There are a lot of restaurants around here that have been here for a long time. I mean, what do you consider, "restaurant that endures around here"?

awpitt

Main Streeter
I've really never been a fan - but I know lots of - mostly older people - who love
their whole style of food. I mean, how many restaurants have things like meat loaf

Actually, Monterey's is still here. They moved and became Plaza Azteca years ago.

stgislander

PREMO Member
Don't forget the venerable Linda's Cafe. There's just something about an old style diner. The wife and I love going there for breakfast on Sundays.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member

Well, we were too tired to try to find someplace to eat Monday night after finding Ruby Tuesday closed and wound up at Bob Evans, where I had the meatloaf and he had the turkey and gravy. :lol:

It was maybe my third time eating there and was very satisfied. The food was hot and delicious, and you couldn't have asked for a better server than Joe, the one we had.

Was it a 5 star gourmet meal? Absolutely not but it was relatively cheap, filling, pretty tasty, and great service.

As far as Mexican restaurants and other cheap feed bags, they seem to draw in the crowds and thrive. If there wasn't a demand, they wouldn't survive.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
We all lost our jobs because the owners decided not to renew the lease

:shrug:

ok so the OWNER Decided to close shop .... well if business was so great

It was maybe my third time eating there and was very satisfied. The food was hot and delicious, and you couldn't have asked for a better server than Joe, the one we had.

Was it a 5 star gourmet meal? Absolutely not but it was relatively cheap, filling, pretty tasty, and great service.

:yay:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
There were always cars in front of there. I guess just not enough. Like the other french place, didn't even make it a year.

And yet Cafe des Artistes did well for 20 years. And Bollywood Masala! Indian food!! That place is always packed. I never understand why some restaurants hit and others fold quickly.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Well, we were too tired to try to find someplace to eat Monday night after finding Ruby Tuesday closed and wound up at Bob Evans, where I had the meatloaf and he had the turkey and gravy. :lol:

That's good to hear; it's actually my missus that goes there for breakfast about once a month when she's on her monthly run to Tractor Supply for horsie supplies. She said it was truly awful last time she was there...maybe a fluke.

Grumpy

Nothing Wrong with the Eggs, Bacon and Hash Browns .... Had breakfast there Wed Morning

Go to the Bob Evans in PF 2 or 3 times a month for breakfast, never an issue with food or service. Seems like most of the wait staff has been there since they opened years ago, always pleasant and attentive.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Go to the Bob Evans in PF 2 or 3 times a month for breakfast, never an issue with food or service. Seems like most of the wait staff has been there since they opened years ago, always pleasant and attentive.

:yay:

Foxhound and I were at the one in Cali next to the closed Ruby's

Opens 6am ... cheap breakfast

SamSpade

Actually, Monterey's is still here. They moved and became Plaza Azteca years ago.

Do you mean - Northridge? Wasn't it also an Irish pub for a while? How many different restaurants have been in that spot - and failed?
How about the restaurants in San Souci? Like the Indian one that was there for a while? And the Vietnamese Noodle place?

Admittedly, a lot of it is - a bad location. Everyone knows the several failures at the place the old Perkins was at.
Ditto where the old Lone Star was - what's there now?
Or that place in front of the McKay's in Leonardtown?

But almost everywhere I go - a restaurant I once frequented - is gone.
In the square in Leonardtown - used to be just Cafe des Artiste was THE one to survive. Now it's gone.
Solomon's has almost none of the restaurants I once went to. Oh the buildings are still there.
They're just - something else now.

It's not that they just fail everywhere - some endure. I have little doubt ANY steakhouse will survive.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I have little doubt ANY steakhouse will survive.

Yet the one where the ale house is now was once a favorite of ours and went tango uniform.

The restaurant business is brutal. I was in it briefly in the mid 90s...and never again.

Grumpy

The restaurant business is brutal. I was in it briefly in the mid 90s...and never again.

I was involved with a restaurant in the mid 70s and remember reading in a trade mag that of the restaurants opening that year, only 10% would still be open in 4 yrs. We consider ourselves lucky to have survived 6 years.