Ruddy Duck review

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
My one complaint about Ruddy Duck is that their beers seem to have too high of an alcohol content. Two beers makes my head spin, even if I've been sitting there for awhile eating.

you're not kidding. My mother and I went for lunch..and I decided to have a nice wheat something or other (which was soo good, and im not even a beer person) and damned if I wasn't tipsy getting up from the table. def took me by surprise.

chess

low 5... hi 5......
My one complaint about Ruddy Duck is that their beers seem to have too high of an alcohol content. Two beers makes my head spin, even if I've been sitting there for awhile eating.

you usually see that when you goto a microbrewery.....

chess

low 5... hi 5......
I haven't had that experience. Every time I've gone, our server was all over it.

Yeah.. it was bad... 2 personal pizzas and 2 pastas should NOT take 45 minutes to get out to you.

The place wasnt packed either.. I can understand if the place is somewhat packed or busy, but that wasnt even the case...

Black-Francis

Yeah.. it was bad... 2 personal pizzas and 2 pastas should NOT take 45 minutes to get out to you.

The place wasnt packed either.. I can understand if the place is somewhat packed or busy, but that wasnt even the case...

So, maybe that is the kitchen and not the server.....

chess

low 5... hi 5......
So, maybe that is the kitchen and not the server.....

Cant be the kitchen, people arrived after us, and got there food at least 20 minutes and they got pizzas too....

to me, at least have your server tell you that the food is going to take some time... instead of waiting there....

glhs837

Power with Control
How many times, chess, you need more than one data point to make a general statement. "the one time I went, the service was terrible". We've been about 3 times, not counting my refill trips, and its been great twice, acceptable once.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
How many times, chess, you need more than one data point to make a general statement. "the one time I went, the service was terrible". We've been about 3 times, not counting my refill trips, and its been great twice, acceptable once.

Yeah, if you decide to never go back to a restaurant based on one time you've had bad service, you will quickly run out of restaurants to patronize.

Yeah, if you decide to never go back to a restaurant based on one time you've had bad service, you will quickly run out of restaurants to patronize.
And to top things off, every time I read a post about poor service my head screams, "HASHI!" Make it stop...:bawl:

chess

low 5... hi 5......

head grasshopper.... I will go back :) I promise... I just said the service sucked... if it sucks again... thats enough data :) :killingme

Cant be the kitchen, people arrived after us, and got there food at least 20 minutes and they got pizzas too....

to me, at least have your server tell you that the food is going to take some time... instead of waiting there....

same experience I had. Next time we will only go to the bar for pizza and wings. It's a shame because it is a nice place. Some of the waitresses need to learn not to lie about how much longer the food will be.

Black-Francis

same experience I had. Next time we will only go to the bar for pizza and wings. It's a shame because it is a nice place. Some of the waitresses need to learn not to lie about how much longer the food will be.

Exactly...Took 20 minutes for a piece of cake......Ours told us that there was so much cheesecake to cut that they were still getting to it....She was full of BS....She totally forgot....

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

Exactly...Took 20 minutes for a piece of cake......Ours told us that there was so much cheesecake to cut that they were still getting to it....She was full of BS....She totally forgot....

And you know, that's the thing. People forget, have a brain fart, whatever. But don't lie about it. Simply say you forgot, then run and get it. Your customers aren't stupid and they know you're lying, then you look like a lying liar who lies.

Just like how "the keg just ran out and they're replacing it." Bull####. You forgot my beer and you're lying. Just say you forgot the beer, then go get the damn thing.

Otter

Nothing to see here
I like the story the waitress fed us at Jaspers once...App, Salad and Entree are always served at the same time..:lol:

That sort of thing is a major turnoff to customers and in turn does hurt business. The wait staff there needs to get their stuff together. That place could be great, but for now, it needs work. Yes, it is a new place, but they need to learn a few things.