Rummy just gave a great answer to the Rep. from Rhode Island

Pete

Repete
Originally posted by SmallTown
And luckily those that do set policy are looking at the red cross reports and taking action.
Who is to say they didn't look into it and at that time found them not violations. The Red Cross was allowed in to look afterall weren't they. If this was some VRWC would they have been given free reign to poke around?

Again, the crux of the biscuit is: Punish the offenders and move along. Should the Sec. Def be fired because a few 20 year olds got out of hand, 5,000 miles away? No, but their skipper should. You are acting like the pictures included Generals and Cabinet Secretaries posing with cigars in front of a naked Iraqi pyramid.

SmallTown

Football season!
Originally posted by Pete
You are acting like the pictures included Generals and Cabinet Secretaries posing with cigars in front of a naked Iraqi pyramid.

Please. Where did I EVER mention such a thing? Again, pulling things out of your a$$ won't help here.

I am also one that said rumsfeld or even the ultimate commander (Bush) should not resign over it. Doing so would make it a political issue, which it is not. I just get upset with people who feel we should just sweep the incident under the rug because we shouldn't follow international law when it is not convenient for us. This is exactly the reason we are in Iraq in the first place, to put an end to such behavior.

Pete

Repete
Originally posted by SmallTown
Please. Where did I EVER mention such a thing? Again, pulling things out of your a$$ won't help here.

I am also one that said rumsfeld or even the ultimate commander (Bush) should not resign over it. Doing so would make it a political issue, which it is not. I just get upset with people who feel we should just sweep the incident under the rug because we shouldn't follow international law when it is not convenient for us. This is exactly the reason we are in Iraq in the first place, to put an end to such behavior.
Believe me, here in about 3 months there will be one guy and his family who would argue that they did not sweep it under the rug.