Running GREEN in Southern Maryland

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
2ndAmendment said:
Not true. You should know that. Slaves where considered 1/5th of a person.
I so want to make a Greeseman type comment here, but will check my fingers. :biggrin: But didn't it read "excluding Indians not taxed, three fifths of all other persons"?

I will bite my tongue (fingers) since you are a customer.
Go for it, I am no longer assigned to the control room or the MRU.

That is why I posted "little recourse" or did you miss that?
Caught it, but what is available is complete, right?

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
Ken King said:
I so want to make a Greeseman type comment here, but will check my fingers. :biggrin: But didn't it read "excluding Indians not taxed, three fifths of all other persons"?
Oops. Yes, I do make mistakes. I stand corrected, 3/5ths of a person.

Ken King said:
Go for it, I am no longer assigned to the control room or the MRU.
Nah. Not worth it. This is the Internet and we do know each other IRL and I would hate to post something that would do harm to the relationship we have. Generally, it seems to be of mutual respect with differences mainly political. I think it is desirable to keep it that way.

Ken King said:
Caught it, but what is available is complete, right?
I was pointing out that Jefferson thought there was not enough recourse, and I agree. How often are articles of impeachment brought? Not very often and I think it has been more often against sitting Presidents than it has been against judges, but I did not research that.

Ken King

PREMO Member
2ndAmendment said:
Oops. Yes, I do make mistakes. I stand corrected, 3/5ths of a person.

Nah. Not worth it. This is the Internet and we do know each other IRL and I would hate to post something that would do harm to the relationship we have. Generally, it seems to be of mutual respect with differences mainly political. I think it is desirable to keep it that way.

I was pointing out that Jefferson thought there was not enough recourse, and I agree. How often are articles of impeachment brought? Not very often and I think it has been more often against sitting Presidents than it has been against judges, but I did not research that.
61 judges have been investigated for impeachment, 13 impeached and seven convicted.

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
Ken King said:
61 judges have been investigated for impeachment, 13 impeached and seven convicted.
Out of how many total judges? I think proportionately, more Presidents have been impeached. True?

Ken King

PREMO Member
2ndAmendment said:
Out of how many total judges? I think proportionately, more Presidents have been impeached. True?
I have no freaking clue as to the volume of judges, but if we are going to play the statistics game it would be factual to say that judges exceed the conviction rate of Presidents.

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
Ken King said:
I have no freaking clue as to the volume of judges, but if we are going to play the statistics game it would be factual to say that judges exceed the conviction rate of Presidents.
Absolutely since there have been no Presidents convicted.