Rusty boats and rustier trailers

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Don't remember.... what was wrong with the failed one?
One piston has a rather large hole in the top. Perfect compression in the other 7 and good oil pressure. Classic lean-burn failure for a turbocharged gas engine, probably caused by low fuel pressure or crap in the carb.
So now we've got spare parts for the pair in the boat...out the ole wazoo... And I'm installing pyrometers in the exhaust of both engines.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
what you cannot buy a piston ?
I can...but the engine with the bad piston is a C800 truck engine and has some of the wrong marine stuff on it. So I decided to buy this original Seamaster to use to make the bad engine in to an original Seamaster. That way the boat will be sporting identical engines with the same trim.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
...and we got the old water heater and 3-bank battery charger replaced. The old boat is comin' around.. Still a lot to do to get the water system up and running though.

Playing a contortionist in a cramped engine room is not my idea of fun.....feel today like someone beat on me with a ball bat.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
...and we got the old water heater and 3-bank battery charger replaced. The old boat is comin' around.. Still a lot to do to get the water system up and running though.

Playing a contortionist in a cramped engine room is not my idea of fun.....feel today like someone beat on me with a ball bat.
Don't want to pull it?