S_u_p_e_r_b_o_w_l

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I think they should cut the crap and just air the puppy bowl, lingerie bowl, or something equally entertaining.

I wonder if anyone will bother going to the one next year. It's supposed to be in Indianapolis. Come on now.

It is, obviously, possible for them to cancel the SB. However, the players want so little and the owners are making so much, I'm not seeing it but, hey, NHL, baseball, they showed us!

:buddies:

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
That's not true as a blanket statement. Giants v. Pats was the best super bowl, ever, and I thought and said so at the time.

This year was better officiated than Steelers v. Cards flag fest.

Next year will be better commercials if for no other reason than this year was worst, ever. :lol:

There will be sharper played games in the future. This year felt like those years when the two weeks was just forever and the rough play showed it. Some years, two weeks seems perfect.

I'm not arguing that 'everything' was better back in the day when we had Pinto's, Saturday Night Fever, Astro Turf, huge rim eye glasses and aluminum house wiring.

:lol:

Attachments

• discosmiley.gif
    discosmiley.gif
    11 KB · Views: 111

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
No, it's a business, a defacto monopoly that has a vested interest in appealing to the lowest common denominator to protect that status. Football is merely a part of the business.

A game happens at your local high school.
:ohwell: You make me want to never watch anything NFL-related again. :bawl:

R

retiredweaxman

:buddies:

Steelers had too many turnovers and penalties to overcome. Congrats to the Packers and to Rodgers. Hell of a game.

We'll just have to get the 7th next year.

I disagree with that...

GB was throwing 4 and 5 WRs and spreading out the defense. Once spread out, it was easy for Rodgers to spot Polamalu and play to the opposite side. That is why he was bascially a non-entity in the game.

It also goes to show that GB's 4th and 5th WRs (notably Jones and Nelson) are much better route runners than the Steelers CBs Gay and Clark are defenders.

I mean, seriously, Jordy Nelson??? 9 catches for 140 yards and a TD??? ESPN was announcing today that his halftime stats (4 catches for 63 and a TD) would normally be a great game for him. Gay had coverage on him in the 1st quarter and was burned numerous times. Clark had similar luck the rest of the game.

What made it worse was, Driver was out the majority of the game. The only "big name" WR GB had left was Jennings.

R

retiredweaxman

Oh, and the Cowboys field sucked, too. Why the hell were people slipping all over the place??? And when was the last time someone broker their collarbone (Woodson) just landing? No one breaks a collarbone any more. That tells me hard field. I don't recall any problems with that field regular season.

:shrug:

Romo??? Granted he was driven to the turf on a clean hit..but still ended up busted.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
GB was throwing 4 and 5 WRs and spreading out the defense. Once spread out, it was easy for Rodgers to spot Polamalu and play to the opposite side. That is why he was bascially a non-entity in the game.
OVER-RATED"
Matthews was robbed on Defensive Player of the year.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Oh, and the Cowboys field sucked, too. Why the hell were people slipping all over the place??? And when was the last time someone broker their collarbone (Woodson) just landing? No one breaks a collarbone any more. That tells me hard field. I don't recall any problems with that field regular season.

:shrug:

They were slipping in the regular season too, maybe not as bad though.:shrug: It's been cold there, was the roof open? Is the field heated?

Woodson was extended when broke the collarbone, it happens. We had a kid on our kickball team that broke his collarbone (think Romo-ish break w/ surgery) during our end of season tourney. It didn't look too different from the Woodson landing.