Safe Drug-Use Space in Baltimore Could Save Money, Lives

luvmygdaughters

Whatever, tell that to the druggie that overdoses 3 times in one week. Sorry, this guy is the exception, not the rule. We're not talking smoking pot, were talking crap they shoot into their veins & snort into their nose. There is no way you're ever going to convince me to condone illegal drug use!! I've seen it ruin to many lives and cause to much heartache!!!

Hijinx

Probably just cheaper to give them all the drugs they want.

Cheaper and safer too. Heroin is cheap when it is legal. and safe if you know where it came from and it's strength.
Having a safe place to shoot up will never be safe when the drugs are coming off the street.

But if these addicts were getting a safe drug would they be happy?
I doubt it.
Giving them just enough to satisfy their craving would not be enough to get the high they are looking for.
The more they use the more the drug does not satisfy them, they want more to get that buzz.
Then, what drug would satisfy them? Heroin, Cocain. Heroin with fentanyl, methamphetamines.?
Always looking for a new high. Not satisfied with just being capable of working,and living normally, they need that buzz.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
I think anyone who pooh-poohs the addiction potential of these drugs is delusional. And since addicts lose their will to live a healthy life, as a responsible society we should be more proactive in discouraging drug use. Even if that includes involuntary incarceration.

Lock someone up because they want to stick a needle in their arm or pop a pill or smoke some rock .... :bs:
as it is repeatedly pointed out, you cannot legislate morality ... if someone has destructive behaviors you cannot stop them

Also, the premise of this programs is to "save lives".

Um, for what? So the addict can continue to use and continue to OD and we can continue to funnel money into these programs that show no return? That doesn't seem like a good reason to me.

Dead Eye

T.P.F.er
This is a proven solution that works! Germany has or did have (a few decades ago) drug parks, they were fenced in with only one guarded way in and out. Addicts could enter and receive the drug from a doctor, basicaly answer questions about there addiction and so forth then get the shot , a certain observation period , then allowed to roam the park under its influence, not allowed to leave till some certain time.
Crime level fell to all time low once the parks opened, addicts no longer needed to steel to buy dope. Hate to admit it but yes they work.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
This is a proven solution that works! Germany has or did have (a few decades ago) drug parks, they were fenced in with only one guarded way in and out. Addicts could enter and receive the drug from a doctor, basicaly answer questions about there addiction and so forth then get the shot , a certain observation period , then allowed to roam the park under its influence, not allowed to leave till some certain time.
Crime level fell to all time low once the parks opened, addicts no longer needed to steel to buy dope. Hate to admit it but yes they work.

Depends on how you define "work". If the goal is to keep people dependent on drugs at taxpayer expense, then yes, it worked.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
This just in from the somd.com Headline News:

Title: Safe Drug-Use Space in Baltimore Could Save Money, Lives

Date: 09-27-2017 01:18 PM

Summary: A safe space in Baltimore for drug use for those addicted to opioids would generate an estimated $6 million in net healthcare cost savings and bring 121 people into treatment annually, according to a panel of law enforcement officials and a Johns Hopkins professor on Tuesday.

Click here for the full story...

Just make drugs illegal, the problem will go away..

Make drug users register their syringes..

Make all drug users take classes, and have 6 month waiting period..

The drug problem will go away...

itsbob

I bowl overhand

We have those places here.. we call one of them Chicago..

itsbob

I bowl overhand

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/3bjk3j/welcome-to-germanys-crack-capital-876

Which Germany are you talking about??

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
The question is, what is the goal of the current way we're doing things?

It's supposed to be two-fold: go hard after the drug dealers, and make it unattractive for people to start using drugs by making it illegal.

In reality, it's always been a rumor that a number of our elected officials are on the take, and we know that none of them are really interested in an informed lucid populace.

Then people like you come along and bitch, so the laws aren't enforced. And you complain that programs designed to keep kids from getting started don't work 100% of the time, absolutely perfectly, so they get shelved.

So between those two entities, we haven't got a chance and more people will die of overdose and health problems related to drug addiction.

luvmygdaughters

Just make drugs illegal, the problem will go away..

Make drug users register their syringes..

Make all drug users take classes, and have 6 month waiting period..

The drug problem will go away...

The drug problem will never go away...if the government keeps giving into the drug culture. Tougher sentences for dealers, tougher rehabs for users, I like that they are now holding the person, who sells the drug that causes a death from overdose, responsible for that death! We should be getting tougher, not building a place for them to do their drugs!!