Salvation: A Gift To You by The Grace of God

Railroad

Routinely Derailed
Well, not everyone is chosen to understand this stuff fully, either. Putting water in the trough doesn't make all the horses thirsty.

msqtech

Citizen
Free Will

JP stated "The real God does not make request as He makes commands."

This doesn't allow for "Free Will". God doesn't command our acceptance!

God Woos us constantly, until we make the decision to accept his gift.

We can't accept what isn't offered, but we can deny what is offered!

VoteJP

J.P. Cusick
Excellent.

Well, not everyone is chosen to understand this stuff fully, either. Putting water in the trough doesn't make all the horses thirsty.

I agree with that, and not being chosen is another point that salvation has nothing to do with our own choices.

On Judgement Day then everyone will believe at that time, and then every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess, per Romans 14:11 and again in Philippians 2:9-13 and particularly here in Isaiah 45:22-24, and it says EVERYONE so then is the time when everyone gets saved.

:coffee:

VoteJP

J.P. Cusick
Excellent.

JP stated "The real God does not make request as He makes commands."

This doesn't allow for "Free Will". God doesn't command our acceptance!

God Woos us constantly, until we make the decision to accept his gift.

We can't accept what isn't offered, but we can deny what is offered!

That is because you have the truth confused and mixed up.

People really have a very limited and restricted "free will" and in most people it is not "free will" at all.

We people simply think and believe far too highly of our selves when it is neither justified or true.

We are NOT like God = Genesis 3:4-7

So if we go according to what the Bible tells us then we not only do not have much of a "free will" but that people are played as like puppets on a string.

The thing is that most people are mistaking "free will" with "optional choices" as like we can choose between strawberry ice cream or else vanilla ice cream and thereby it means we have a "free will" because of having options and choices and that is not accurate.

Most people simply live by their animal instincts and uncontrolled emotional output, while a true "free will" is on a far higher level of enlightenment.

VoteJP

J.P. Cusick

JP = really really

There are not many people that will take a Bible text and turn it into some thing dirty as like this person above has done.

Surely he must think he is picking at me but it was a mocking of God.

I certainly do not feel any sympathy for the dirty degenerate, and I hope he does get what he is asking for.

:offtopic:

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
I certainly do not feel any sympathy for the dirty degenerate, and I hope he does get what he is asking for.
What do think that will be? By your philosophy, you'll both end up in heaven no matter what, so no punishment there.

Zguy28

There are not many people that will take a Bible text and turn it into some thing dirty as like this person above has done.
Certainly. I think a more realistic assessment of you would be:

JP = really really inconsistent (except in universalism, you seem to stick to that one)

VoteJP

J.P. Cusick
Excellent.

What do think that will be? By your philosophy, you'll both end up in heaven no matter what, so no punishment there.

I have no idea as to whatever will happen in that other person's life.

And neither I nor the Bible are ever talking about a punishment after they die.

But there are certain principle that do apply to every person anywhere.

As like a person who lies becomes a liar, and one who steals becomes a thief, and one who mocks God will not like the repercussions.

The Bible says = "Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap." KJV. Galatians 6:7

:shrug:

StoneThrower

I have no idea as to whatever will happen in that other person's life.

And neither I nor the Bible are ever talking about a punishment after they die.

But there are certain principle that do apply to every person anywhere.

As like a person who lies becomes a liar, and one who steals becomes a thief, and one who mocks God will not like the repercussions.

The Bible says = "Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap." KJV. Galatians 6:7

:shrug:

No, No, No...

You lie, because you are a liar.
You steel, because you are a theif.
Telling lies dosent make you a liar, you are a liar, and thats why you tell lies!
Only Gods Common restraing grace keeps us/restrains us, from what we are capable of.

Those things are in our very nature and we are corrupt in our Adamic nature.
No Liar, no theif, or no fornicator will inherit the Kingdom of heaven.

b23hqb

PREMO Member
Poor JP. He knows as much about Florida as he does the Bible. Which is nothing.

Just ask him.

UNA

God also knows in advance who will accept the gift and who will reject it. The ones who accept it are among the chosen, adopted into the ultimate Royal Family.

Railroad said:

So it isn't our choice? I've been reading up on the Christian concept of "free-will" in the Bible and I'm curious; where do you see this concept in the Bible?

...I should probably start a new thread, I can do that if you prefer :smile:

b23hqb

PREMO Member
So it isn't our choice? I've been reading up on the Christian concept of "free-will" in the Bible and I'm curious; where do you see this concept in the Bible?

...I should probably start a new thread, I can do that if you prefer :smile:

Fire it up!

VoteJP

J.P. Cusick
Excellent.

No, No, No...

You lie, because you are a liar.
You steel, because you are a theif.
Telling lies dosent make you a liar, you are a liar, and thats why you tell lies!
Only Gods Common restraing grace keeps us/restrains us, from what we are capable of.

Those things are in our very nature and we are corrupt in our Adamic nature.
No Liar, no theif, or no fornicator will inherit the Kingdom of heaven.

I know of the doctrine of every baby being born as a sinner and every person born with the original sin but I find that to be a twisted and false doctrine.

Every baby is born innocent and each baby gets taught to sin from day one and onward, as the children are taught by their parents and by society to become liars and thieves and assorted sinners.

Under that doctrine of original sin then no person could inherit the Kingdom of God, and Jesus teaching forgiveness would be senseless if each persons is inherently a sinner.

:eyebrow:

Starman3000m

I know of the doctrine of every baby being born as a sinner and every person born with the original sin but I find that to be a twisted and false doctrine.

Every baby is born innocent and each baby gets taught to sin from day one and onward, as the children are taught by their parents and by society to become liars and thieves and assorted sinners.

Well, VoteJP, I guess you haven't observed any infants when they become toddlers and begin to walk and talk - and cry when they don't get their way - and raise their hand in defiance of a parent - or go ahead and do something they were told not to do. Defiance and disregard of authority was the original sin! We are all born with it.

Under that doctrine of original sin then no person could inherit the Kingdom of God,

Correcto Mundo! That's what God's Message has been all along!

and Jesus teaching forgiveness would be senseless if each persons is inherently a sinner.

On the contrary, we are all under condemnation already.

Jesus came not to save the righteous (of which there are none) BUT to forgive and save repentant sinners from the impending Wrath of God. And as many as have received Him and believe that Jesus is The Son of God will become Children of God. And as His Children - they will inherit the Kingdom of God as promised.

That's God's Plan of Salvation - through Christ alone! (John 14:6)

b23hqb

PREMO Member
We went through this whole thing what, a month or two ago?

So many like JP think they are saved and heaven-bound just because they are.

So many think that they are doomed thousands of years before they even take their first breath.

The Bible says what it says - the Word preaches what It preaches. We who preach the Bible have said what it says about salvation - that salvation is the responsibility, and belongs to, the will and confession of one who wants to be saved.

Move on. God has spoken through the entire Word. Those that chose only to base their doctrine on bits and pieces of the Word, and not in the context of the entire Bible, do so at their own peril.

Good luck to them. I believe I will not see them in heaven.

No one, nobody, deserves to hear the Gospel preached twice until everybody alive has heard It once.:whistle:

Last edited:

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
We went through this whole thing what, a month or two ago?
These topics are annoyingly repetitive, aren't they?

The Bible says what it says - the Word preaches what It preaches.
That wrapped up nicely. I guess we can close up the forum and we can all find somewhere else to hang out. I'm headed to the nearest pub... :cheers:

Zguy28

Under that doctrine of original sin then no person could inherit the Kingdom of God, and Jesus teaching forgiveness would be senseless if each persons is inherently a sinner.

In one post you preach about predestination and now you swing all the way over to Pelagianism. Man, you are all over the place!