San Souci bridal shop?

HotPinkChicken

1) Does anyone know the name of this shop?

2) Do you know if they have a website?

3) Will they alter dresses purchased elsewhere?

Thanks guys!

I

Isabella

we went to davids and the dressess are nice and affordable

i am not the bride but i was wondering if you had youre bachlorete party and did it have a theme

HotPinkChicken

I am the bride, and I already have a dress from David's Bridal that I bought 3 years ago. The wedding was postponed, and it's back on for four months from now. I do love the dress from DB, and I'm going there to Sunday to see if they can squeeze my much larger butt into it. If the cost of the alterations will cost more than just a basic dress, then I'm going to look for a new one. I spend $500 on it in 2005, and I saw a pretty, basic one on JCPenney.com that I can just tie a coordinating sash around. That one is $99 plus shipping. All this depends on what DB says Sunday.
PS---I do not have a theme for the bachelorette party. I suggested a potential day to one of my BM and she kinda groaned and said basically "would you just let us handle it?!" Why do you ask? : )

Tina2001aniT

Go somewhere else if you can, that shop blows.

That is whatI have heard as well. The most complaints I have heard were actually about the alterations lady. I did go in there myself a couple weeks ago, they are close, and if I find a dress I can have someone else order it.
Anyway, I was in there for about two hours. The one lady came in to try her dress on and the alterations lady didn't even have it, she said it must be at home. The lady said this was the second "fitting" she had come to where she did not have her dress.
The next lady that came in the alterations lady had altered her dress (it was a destination dress, not super fancy at all) and the bottom hem was VERY visibly crooked....
No way would I let her touch my dress....

BuddyLee

Football addict
That is whatI have heard as well. The most complaints I have heard were actually about the alterations lady. I did go in there myself a couple weeks ago, they are close, and if I find a dress I can have someone else order it.
Anyway, I was in there for about two hours. The one lady came in to try her dress on and the alterations lady didn't even have it, she said it must be at home. The lady said this was the second "fitting" she had come to where she did not have her dress.
The next lady that came in the alterations lady had altered her dress (it was a destination dress, not super fancy at all) and the bottom hem was VERY visibly crooked....
I went to get a birthday present for my lady and they were snobby about it. I just left.

Independence

If you want to go up to Waldorf I would suggest Terry at Gem Valet Dry Cleaners in the Olde Line Center by Stone. She owns the shop and does all of her own alterations. She got me out of more than one jam. She is reasonably priced too.

Last edited:

poster

Good feedback. I think since I'll be up the road this weekend I'll look into better shops. Thanks!!

I've used that shop to puchase 2 dresses and alter 3. I've never had an issue and the seamstress (sp?) was great. Staff was friendly and everything was done on time. It's been about 4 years but I don't have any complaints.

The alteration lady is my issue too. I went for a bridesmaid dress fitting and told her that it was too big and that the dress needed to be altered to make it fit according to the picture. She repeatedly told me no, no that's not the way it's supposed to be. I picked up my dress and am going somewhere else.

The wedding is next Saturday. :sigh:

I

Isabella

i am maid of honor and needed to think of good ideas i got some help on other thread but thanks and much love to youre new marrige

godsbutterfly

Free to Fly
Vin's Tailoring at St.Mary's Square did the alterations for my step-daughter's bridesmaid gown for my wedding to her father and they also did alterations on my daughter's dress for her own wedding. They did an excellent job.