Satan ready to take his Woke Pope home?

Dakota

~~~~~~~
Yeah, I said it and I have my reasons.

I did not grow up in the Catholic church, but after a terrible illness I had at age 8, my mother started taking me to the Catholic church and by 5th grade, I was in Catholic school where I stayed for several years. The Catholic church was very supportive to my parents when I was sick. My first encounter with a Catholic priest was waking up in a bathtub of ice hearing the Commendation of the Sick/Dying while in the hospital.

Amazing how I remember that well.

But anyway, I eventually became very active in the Catholic Church, receiving all the sacraments and later a member.

Years later, something in me snapped and I became disenchanted and disconnected to the church. Later the church was hit with several scandals.

So yes, I am judging the church based on knowledge of the church itself.

But when this Pope came along, he made me shudder. He is trying to be 'wordly/global,' etc. and it is all the things I was taught were wrong giving him the name "The Woke Pope."

He has cancelled several events lately and also saying he couldn't come to the window in the mornings. Now he is having breathing problems.

I have a feeling the next Pope will be worse, and it has only been as I have gotten older that I see the control the Catholic church has in society. To me, it isn't a good look. :ohwell:

Dakota

~~~~~~~
What did he cancel? He didn't cancel the drag shows.
CT scan on Saturday ruled out pneumonia but showed lung inflammation, which was causing breathing difficulties recently but he has been cancelling things on and off the last few weeks.

But you are right, the transgender lunch-in he had seemed to go well.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
CT scan on Saturday ruled out pneumonia but showed lung inflammation, which was causing breathing difficulties recently but he has been cancelling things on and off the last few weeks.

But you are right, the transgender lunch-in he had seemed to go well.
I didn't know he was sick. In more than one way.

Dakota

~~~~~~~
I didn't know he was sick. In more than one way.
Pope got sick after meeting with all those transsexuals is what many are saying but I swear, he has been battling health problems for some time now on and off.

A couple of months ago, he was being pushed around in a wheelchair acting like a cantankerous a-hole swatting at people.

All I could think was how bad that made the church look and how he should have staying inside until his attitude improved. 🤷

Last edited:

Dakota

~~~~~~~
If there was ever a case of somebody being a Lizard, it would be him. So, maybe after a few days under his heat lamp, eating some crickets will do him good.

SamSpade

5 of the 7 - forgot those last 2 are considered sacraments
I have not received
Holy Orders, and the Anointing of the Sick

:lol:
IIRC - when I went to Catholic school, they made it clear that Anointing of the Sick - you did not have to be dying, although I'm pretty sure you had to be sick ENOUGH that death was a possibility.

I am guessing its Scriptural support comes from James 5:14-15. When I was a kid, it was call Extreme Unction.

Dakota

~~~~~~~
Sam,

I had severe pneumonia. The medicine wasn't working so when I recovered, my mother was convinced it was the priest's prayers because he was there day and night.

Maybe it was???

Later in life, at the age of 47-48, I learned my left kidney had failed due to a Ureteropelvic Junction Obstruction at birth. Experts in the field said I would have had to be very sick and there is no way it went unnoticed so they linked the pneumonia as the time frame.

I was in the hospital for 4-5 weeks - sick before and battled viruses afterwards.

Lucky to be here and I do believe in the big man upstairs. :wink:

But I also believe in the scary one that has a grip on this world and this Pope is in his grips.

Dakota

~~~~~~~
Too much drama. Thank God I'm an atheist.
I respect that - religion paints a poor picture of faith. Sometime, I think religion was created to keep people enslaved to a system.

I believe in good and evil - creation vs. destruction - just not a fan of organized religion at all as I have gotten older.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
I respect that - religion paints a poor picture of faith. Sometime, I think religion was created to keep people enslaved to a system.

I believe in good and evil - creation vs. destruction - just not a fan of organized religion at all as I have gotten older.
Re-read the last sentence. Think about it.....

SamSpade

Religion is kind of like a person who always precisely follows recipes. If you DO that, chances are you will still be really good at it. But the object is to be the kind of chef who really doesn't need it.

It's kind of that way in a lot of professions - know all the rules, know all the techniques, know all the case law, know all of the medicines - you can be pretty good at it. But it's better if your knowledge transcends that. You can PLAY music, if you can read it on paper - but a proper musician can just play what they hear in their head, without reading it.

People are turned off by religion, and I think it's because they instinctively know that God is not defined or constrained by it, but they miss out on what it attempts to reveal because of rules. God is not rules and He is not religion, but it's not a bad place to START.