Save money on Prescriptions

lucky_bee

RBF expert
yep - my Rx was written for a 3 month supply but when I went to grab it, it was almost $50 - my insurance decided I only needed one month at a time? The girl saw my face, said hold on a sec, pulled up her GOODRX app, found some coupon, and my Rx was magically $15. I thanked her half a dozen times as I paid.

ginwoman

yep - my Rx was written for a 3 month supply but when I went to grab it, it was almost $50 - my insurance decided I only needed one month at a time? The girl saw my face, said hold on a sec, pulled up her GOODRX app, found some coupon, and my Rx was magically $15. I thanked her half a dozen times as I paid.
Its a good feeling. I just wish more people were aware of it.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Didn't you do a commercial like that?

PeoplesElbow

Even better, Harris Teeter is part of the Kroger RX saving plan, after paying $36 most of my mom's are free. One that CVS wanted over $300 is now $14 at Harris Teeter.

I've never found the Good RX prices accurate, you can look up the cost of a drug with the Kroger RX saving plan and it is accurate.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Funny how prices vary. I had been using CVS for years, it was the plan provider for my medical when I was working, and just continued. Always found my meds were dirt cheap even after switching providers. 3 meds together only cost me $24 for a 90 day script. But I got really fed up with CVS' practice of auto-refill when I didn't want them too, even calling my doc when I explicitly denied that service. Went to WalMart. Same provider, same script, same drug provider, one drug is now $50.

PeoplesElbow

Funny how prices vary. I had been using CVS for years, it was the plan provider for my medical when I was working, and just continued. Always found my meds were dirt cheap even after switching providers. 3 meds together only cost me $24 for a 90 day script. But I got really fed up with CVS' practice of auto-refill when I didn't want them too, even calling my doc when I explicitly denied that service. Went to WalMart. Same provider, same script, same drug provider, one drug is now $50.
At a small mom and pop pharmacy in my hometown my mom use to get her prescriptions dirt cheap, since she is here now living I tried getting them filled there as much as possible. I mentioned to the pharmacist that I hate CVS, he laughed and told me he use to work for them and opened up his own place because they were so awful. They would notify people they had prescriptions to pick up, some would have almost an hour drive into town only to be told "no we don't have a prescription for you".