scale to measure grams ?

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
HELP - where can I buy a scale to measure grams that won't cost a fortune? I have one somewhere but can't find it. I need to measure out some meds for my chickens to mix in their water so I need to measure it in grams.

SoMD_Fun_Guy

Do you like apples?
HELP - where can I buy a scale to measure grams that won't cost a fortune? I have one somewhere but can't find it. I need to measure out some meds for my chickens to mix in their water so I need to measure it in grams.

How many grams are you talking about?
You could probably go to Walmart or Target and get an electronic postal scale if it's not too much weight. I think I saw one for $20-$30.

Misfit

Lawful neutral
PM some of the forumites in the Medicinal Marijuana tread. I bet someone would let you barrow theirs.

Katelin

one day the dark will end

Ark,
I have several that were bought in the food section of both WalMart and Target.
They are very accurate and not that expensive.
FYI: standard paperclip weighs a gram and a nickle, 5 grams.
I find these scales very accurate.
You can go to Wildlife Rehabber web site...they have dosage calculators for birds. Might be helpful.

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out
Ark,
I have several that were bought in the food section of both WalMart and Target.
They are very accurate and not that expensive.
FYI: standard paperclip weighs a gram and a nickle, 5 grams.
I find these scales very accurate.
You can go to Wildlife Rehabber web site...they have dosage calculators for birds. Might be helpful.

lemme quote you so she can see this :lol:

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
lemme quote you so she can see this :lol:

Yeah because I still have her on ignore due to her prior rudeness. I think I used up all my patience already in my life, so I don't give 2nd chances any more. Somewhere I heard that "if someone shows you who they are, believe them the 1st time". If I were the selfish type to use ppl for personal gain, I would care what she has to say, but I'm not, so :1bdz:

I came home to find the package says for Turkeys ONLY - sheesh so not sure I can use this on the chickens after all? Also package does not say what the volume is, only that it treats 333 gallons - sheesh! Now how do I calculate that to chickens, and for only 1 gallon at a time? I need to be able to weigh the package, then figure out how to measure out 1/333 LOL

I have a postal scale already. I need to find my "drug" scale so I can measure out grams. It's obvious to me if this package has 333 doses that it will be GRAMS that I will be measuring, not ounces.

Katelin

I'm pretty sure those generally measure ounces but not grams.

Most food scales are digital and measure in both grams and ounces. Just go and look. :)

You can use an on-line converter also to convert from ounces to grams.

FYI: 1 ounce = 28.35 grams

Again, the web site I posted has many tools to help you figure out doses.

Last edited:

FireBrand

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A graham can weigh between 3-1/2 grams to 16 grams depending on the size of the graham.

You are very welcome !

Last edited:

struggler44

A Salute to all on Watch
Like whats-her-face said, there are 28 grams in 1 oz....is it liquid or dry that you are trying to measure?

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
I got one off ebay it does grams or ounces etc I use it primarly for mailing stuff but its great for kittens, pups or the dont tell Inky..squirrel...lol

Danzig

Pawn shop in St. Mary's Square
NO JOKE

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
Yeah because I still have her on ignore due to her prior rudeness. I think I used up all my patience already in my life, so I don't give 2nd chances any more. Somewhere I heard that "if someone shows you who they are, believe them the 1st time". If I were the selfish type to use ppl for personal gain, I would care what she has to say, but I'm not, so :1bdz:

I came home to find the package says for Turkeys ONLY - sheesh so not sure I can use this on the chickens after all? Also package does not say what the volume is, only that it treats 333 gallons - sheesh! Now how do I calculate that to chickens, and for only 1 gallon at a time? I need to be able to weigh the package, then figure out how to measure out 1/333 LOL

I have a postal scale already. I need to find my "drug" scale so I can measure out grams. It's obvious to me if this package has 333 doses that it will be GRAMS that I will be measuring, not ounces.

Arkie what are you doing what do you have? I have some vitamins I give my chickens and the little container says like the same...for huge amounts of water...hell I just pour some in and fill with water...I bet they are getting very very very very ODed....but I get 13 eggs a day:cds:

Katelin

I got one off ebay it does grams or ounces etc I use it primarly for mailing stuff but its great for kittens, pups or the dont tell Inky..squirrel...lol

Hey Paso.. rescure, rehab, make a pet of, breed, sell what ever you want and to what ever you want..I no longer care about what you do or who or what you do it to. Your choice, you live with the consequences.

And FYI: My name is Katelin.

Thank you, and God bless you.

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
Hey Paso.. rescure, rehab, make a pet of, breed, sell what ever you want and to what ever you want..I no longer care about what you do or who or what you do it to. Your choice, you live with the consequences.

And FYI: My name is Katelin.

Thank you, and God bless you.

Katelin I am so sorry you fell and bumped your head...I hope you feel better soon :huggy: