scale to measure grams ?

Katelin

one day the dark will end
Katelin I am so sorry you fell and bumped your head...I hope you feel better soon :huggy:

I am serious, I no longer care what you do to the animals you collect, as you will keep doing it despite the many reasons why you shouldn't.
catch and rehab all the animals you want.
I do not care, and will no longer comment or voice my concerns over it.

....God bless you and all you do. period.

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
I am serious, I no longer care what you do to the animals you collect, as you will keep doing it despite the many reasons why you shouldn't.
catch and rehab all the animals you want.
I do not care, and will no longer comment or voice my concerns over it.

....God bless you and all you do. period.

I ant had no wild critters in a few years....ask all you want...I have not ...but if one fell on my door step and would die if I did not feed it I would..I have seen too many people needing help and turned down by licenced peeps...too many animals for the peeps...and too expensive with no help...wish I had a project to nurse and turn loose but squirrel child was the last..I bet she is 4 or 5 now...still shows up every now and then...I dont keep...I let go ASAP...if anyone finds something this spring/summer though keep me in mind if you call for "help" and no one answers..

Katelin

one day the dark will end
I ant had no wild critters in a few years....ask all you want...I have not ...but if one fell on my door step and would die if I did not feed it I would..I have seen too many people needing help and turned down by licenced peeps...too many animals for the peeps...and too expensive with no help...wish I had a project to nurse and turn loose but squirrel child was the last..I bet she is 4 or 5 now...still shows up every now and then...I dont keep...I let go ASAP...if anyone finds something this spring/summer though keep me in mind if you call for "help" and no one answers..

I dont care...
I am done with your snide comments, your insults, your name calling.
They no longer bother me..and neither do you.
I am done.

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
I dont care...
I am done with your snide comments, your insults, your name calling.
They no longer bother me..and neither do you.
I am done.

MY comments...MY insults and MY name calling ...OMG you hurt yourself more then I thought when you fell....Feel better soon...oh and your are stuttering too...probably from the bad accident... :huggy:

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
Arkie what are you doing what do you have? I have some vitamins I give my chickens and the little container says like the same...for huge amounts of water...hell I just pour some in and fill with water...I bet they are getting very very very very ODed....but I get 13 eggs a day:cds:

Yikes - well I didn't want to do that with an antiobiotic, plus with the time I had to give it extra thought (not able to find my "drug" scale lol) I decided against treating them all when only 1 chicken had an issue (bumblefoot).

I took her to a vet (yes I did) and he massaged her feet with betadine and broke open the abscesses (on both feet) and disinfected her feet well. After that I treated her feet with betadine or Blue Kote every 3 days and she is all better now. BUT I have to keep an eye on her as it will likely happen to her again the vet said. The hen is somewhere between 5-7 years old.

Hank

my war
Hey Paso.. rescure, rehab, make a pet of, breed, sell what ever you want and to what ever you want..I no longer care about what you do or who or what you do it to. Your choice, you live with the consequences.

And FYI: My name is Katelin.

Thank you, and God bless you.

Do you take meds? :popcorn:

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !

I bought a bag of milk replacer (name escapes me at moment) at Tractor Supply I'd be willing to donate to whoever did need to help a critter this Spring. I bought in 2011 so I'm sure it's still good.

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
Yikes - well I didn't want to do that with an antiobiotic, plus with the time I had to give it extra thought (not able to find my "drug" scale lol) I decided against treating them all when only 1 chicken had an issue (bumblefoot).

I took her to a vet (yes I did) and he massaged her feet with betadine and broke open the abscesses (on both feet) and disinfected her feet well. After that I treated her feet with betadine or Blue Kote every 3 days and she is all better now. BUT I have to keep an eye on her as it will likely happen to her again the vet said. The hen is somewhere between 5-7 years old.

I am glad she is better..a few years ago I had a hen that was 12....yep 12 an opossum or something got her while she was sitting eggs..bit a huge hole in her back..it effected her spinal cord I think she lost control of her legs..I brought her in gave her pcn and kept it clean...after a few weeks she gained some control over her legs..I took a cardboard box and cut a hole in the top to sit her so her legs hung down..we tickled them so she would pull them up...she walked like she had to move one leg at a time..very slow and high and animated..I kept her in the house in my dog grooming tub for another 4 yrs...when I worked I put her under the kitchen table on some news paper in a house full of boxers...never a problem and she was always on the paper when I came to put her back in the tub...If I put her outside the door she sat right near the door but if it was evening she would climb 3 stairs and wait at my grooming room door to be picked up and put in the tub...we bought her worms from the pet store in the winters as treats...Henrietta we called her...16 yrs when she died..I still have one of her feathers...

Do you take meds? :popcorn:

If she don't she should....:love:

I bought a bag of milk replacer (name escapes me at moment) at Tractor Supply I'd be willing to donate to whoever did need to help a critter this Spring. I bought in 2011 so I'm sure it's still good.

I have an outdated horse milk replacer 5 gal bucket of powder if someone needs it...

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
I am glad she is better..a few years ago I had a hen that was 12....yep 12 an opossum or something got her while she was sitting eggs..bit a huge hole in her back..it effected her spinal cord I think she lost control of her legs..I brought her in gave her pcn and kept it clean...after a few weeks she gained some control over her legs..I took a cardboard box and cut a hole in the top to sit her so her legs hung down..we tickled them so she would pull them up...she walked like she had to move one leg at a time..very slow and high and animated..I kept her in the house in my dog grooming tub for another 4 yrs...when I worked I put her under the kitchen table on some news paper in a house full of boxers...never a problem and she was always on the paper when I came to put her back in the tub...If I put her outside the door she sat right near the door but if it was evening she would climb 3 stairs and wait at my grooming room door to be picked up and put in the tub...we bought her worms from the pet store in the winters as treats...Henrietta we called her...16 yrs when she died..I still have one of her feathers...

WOW that's a LONG time. I got this hen along with about 6 others and a bad ole Rooster named Tyrone from a lady who was moving to a subdivision that didn't allow chickens - so they were "rescues" . They named 1 hen Floppy due to her floppy comb. They were really nice people and had used the chickens for the children and 4-H.

Anyway several of the hens have died over the years. My neighbor has 2 of them (the Tyrone daughters, Tyrese and Tyronda - they are as bad as their Daddy and beat up other chickens) and I still have 2 of them left. I got them I think 4 years ago (maybe 5?)? I think I was told they were 2-3 years old then. So that's how I calculate 5-7 years - not really sure. I bet that lady reads this forum also <G>. She was probably sad when I reported that Floppy had died.

If she reads this - can you remind me how long you've been at your new house? Then I'll know when I got them <G>. I'll take a new picture of her to post - her feet look funny with the stains from the Blue Kote Spray.

I had one hen that broke her leg and I kept her in the bathroom most of the winter (closed vent in that room) a few years ago. She managed to recuperate but 1 leg looks very different from the other due to the way the break healed. She's about 5 years old now. I've never lost a hen to a predator thankfully.

I've been saving feathers this past year (have about 15 different varieties of chickens and lots of colors) - what in the world do I do with them?

SoMDGirl42

HELP - where can I buy a scale to measure grams that won't cost a fortune? I have one somewhere but can't find it. I need to measure out some meds for my chickens to mix in their water so I need to measure it in grams.

Pretty sure my neighbors in section 8 have several. They might loan you one. Want the address?