School bus problems

ClairJhean

Oh man.. Ya know.. I am having serious problems with the afternoon bus ride ... My kids go to Oakville..
The driver is supposedly the "safest and best driver they have ever had" but.. the bus is over crowded and she seats these kids 4 to a seat in many cases and the rest are 3 to a seat.. she had my two kids and another 5thgrader.. IN a seat that should only hold 2 kids at most!
then proceeds to threaten to suspend a 4 YEAR OLD PREK student because he is annoying her.. I could go on and on about this.. there is so much more... If this driver is so safe.. and this kid is doing so much like she has said... why did she not turn around and go back to the school??? i dont understand how she says that this one little 4 year old is her biggest problem and yet my kids say he isnt and that the other kids( bigger ones) are provoking him and when he tried to tell the driver.. she told him to sit down and leave them alone and when he continued to try to tell her.. She blamed him for missing a bus stop and said he screamed in her ear.. my kids both told me that he was crying and kept trying to tell her that this older boy was not leaving him alone..
a few of us parent have gotten together on this one.. we also spoke with the 4 (now 5 year old) parent.. THey are getting nowhere with the school or the transpertation dept.. and neither are we.. so the other parents have decided to go to the Superintendant (ms).. which the little kids parents have done.. which after a meeting got them nowhere ... now not only does the driver not say anything to the parents.. she writes him up for everylittle thing now..
THose parents found out that they do infact have video cameras ont he buses... but were denied being able to view them o see what is going on with thier son.. why? because they arent ADMINISTRATERS..(ms)
I am sorry but that is rediculas..

any other parents have a problem with buses... Our kids have a 55 minute ride from school to home.. that hard on little ones...

We as parents should have that right to look at those tapes.. dont you agree?

mAlice

professional daydreamer
I would recommend to anyone to take your kids to school yourselves. I drove my child to and from school due to overcrowding. They won't do anything about it.

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
elaine said:
I would recommend to anyone to take your kids to school yourselves. I drove my child to and from school due to overcrowding. They won't do anything about it.

:yeahthat:

Baywatchv8

elaine said:

Driving your child to school should NOT be the answer to this problem. I have heard about drivers thinking the best way to handle things is by yelling at the kids. Call the School board with your concerns and remind them that our taxes pay their salaries and pay for the video equipment in the buses. The video's are public records and should be available to viewing. The other thing you might do is find out the maximum seating the bus is aloud and bring this to the press, that would be a great news story for the them. You could draft up a story about over crowding on busses and send a copy to the superintendent to see what they do. They always say “the squeaky wheel gets the grease” make the squeal loud and clear to them! :boxing:

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
Baywatchv8 said:
Driving your child to school should NOT be the answer to this problem.
It's not the answer, but it is an answer. Parents shouldn't complain if they're not willing to do anything about a situation. Personally, if I knew my daughter was being transported under said circumstances, I would make other arrangements for her.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
Baywatchv8 said:
The other thing you might do is find out the maximum seating the bus is aloud and bring this to the press, that would be a great news story for the them.
7 on your side :yay:

somdfan

Students are ENTITLED to transportation to and from school. It is the responsibility of the school system to assure the safety of each and every student. I believe that in addition to shear violence, a student should not be made to endure harrassment of ANY nature. When other students state that there is a problem on a bus, and there is even video which could back this up, it is unbelievable to me that nothing is being done to correct the situation. The parents should send an e-mail to the Superintendent of the school. Also, a copy of this e-mail should go to every School Board member. This way there will be documentation as to their response(s). If the situation is not made better, I'd advise contacting a higher authority (at the State level), and continue doing so until you get action.

Parents should not be placed in a situation where they have to provide transportation to school for their child because their child is in an unsafe or inappropriate environment. However, I have to say that there have been times in the past when I have personally delivered my child to the school and picked them up until such a time as I felt satisfied that they would be fine on the bus.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
somdfan said:
Students are ENTITLED to transportation to and from school. It is the responsibility of the school system to assure the safety of each and every student.

Parents should not be placed in a situation where they have to provide transportation to school for their child because their child is in an unsafe or inappropriate environment.
Absolutely, but we don't live in a perfect world. :ohwell:

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
somdfan said:
Parents should not be placed in a situation where they have to provide transportation to school for their child because their child is in an unsafe or inappropriate environment. .
Lazy Ass

Spoiled

The tax moneys pays for the busses.... If hurassment is occuring and the drivers arent properly trained how to deal with kids there is a problen, do the american thing and try to fix it, not your back to it...

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
I'm just curious why no one has pulled out the handbook about school transportation, highlighted the important parts, and then started off the conversation with something like "To avoid litigation, we the parents would prefer if you were to provide the service as agreed in this booklet. If not, our attorney feels that we have an excellent child endangerment case." I have friends that drive buses - luckily none suffering the overcrowding issue -and they feel the only parents that are heard at Transportation, are the litigious ones. Just a thought.

Pete

Repete
ClairJhean said:
Oh man.. Ya know.. I am having serious problems with the afternoon bus ride ... My kids go to Oakville..
The driver is supposedly the "safest and best driver they have ever had" but.. the bus is over crowded and she seats these kids 4 to a seat in many cases and the rest are 3 to a seat.. she had my two kids and another 5thgrader.. IN a seat that should only hold 2 kids at most!
then proceeds to threaten to suspend a 4 YEAR OLD PREK student because he is annoying her.. I could go on and on about this.. there is so much more... If this driver is so safe.. and this kid is doing so much like she has said... why did she not turn around and go back to the school??? i dont understand how she says that this one little 4 year old is her biggest problem and yet my kids say he isnt and that the other kids( bigger ones) are provoking him and when he tried to tell the driver.. she told him to sit down and leave them alone and when he continued to try to tell her.. She blamed him for missing a bus stop and said he screamed in her ear.. my kids both told me that he was crying and kept trying to tell her that this older boy was not leaving him alone..
a few of us parent have gotten together on this one.. we also spoke with the 4 (now 5 year old) parent.. THey are getting nowhere with the school or the transpertation dept.. and neither are we.. so the other parents have decided to go to the Superintendant (ms).. which the little kids parents have done.. which after a meeting got them nowhere ... now not only does the driver not say anything to the parents.. she writes him up for everylittle thing now..
THose parents found out that they do infact have video cameras ont he buses... but were denied being able to view them o see what is going on with thier son.. why? because they arent ADMINISTRATERS..(ms)
I am sorry but that is rediculas..

any other parents have a problem with buses... Our kids have a 55 minute ride from school to home.. that hard on little ones...

We as parents should have that right to look at those tapes.. dont you agree?
jujing frum ur spellin, gramer and punktuashun and ur rmblin riting stile, maybe u shud go bak to skool and ride da bus wif them, that way u can take care uv it yursef

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Pete said:
jujing frum ur spellin, gramer and punktuashun and ur rmblin riting stile, maybe u shud go bak to skool and ride da bus wif them, that way u can take care uv it yursef

:howdy: Pete!

:killingme

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
bresamil said:
they feel the only parents that are heard at Transportation, are the litigious ones.
Yepper. And I'd even take it a step further and say that the only parents heard in the ENTIRE SCHOOL SYSTEM are the litigious ones.

Here's the reality of the situation: While some bus drivers are Moms who want to earn a little cash while their kids were in school, many of them are the dregs of society. School bus driver is a low-paying, unskilled job. Literally, all you have to do to be a school bus driver is show up with a driver's license and a clean record. So you're not going to get the cream of the employment crop here.

So, again, I'd like to know what the Board of Ed is spending all our tax bucks on, because it's not to pay teachers or bus drivers, and it's not to provide supplies to teachers or kids, and it's not to pay for sports programs, and it's not to keep the schools maintained properly.

:ohwell:

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
vraiblonde said:
Yepper. And I'd even take it a step further and say that the only parents heard in the ENTIRE SCHOOL SYSTEM are the litigious ones.

Here's the reality of the situation: While some bus drivers are Moms who want to earn a little cash while their kids were in school, many of them are the dregs of society. School bus driver is a low-paying, unskilled job. Literally, all you have to do to be a school bus driver is show up with a driver's license and a clean record. So you're not going to get the cream of the employment crop here.

So, again, I'd like to know what the Board of Ed is spending all our tax bucks on, because it's not to pay teachers or bus drivers, and it's not to provide supplies to teachers or kids, and it's not to pay for sports programs, and it's not to keep the schools maintained properly.

:ohwell:
:yeahthat: I find it interesting that the teachers top out at around $70K while Admin positions top out at $118K.

Makavide

Not too talkative
Had a similar problem with the school bus for out neighbor hood. After contacting the school and the school board, I was referred to the transportation department, since the school board does not run the busses. I got no where with the transportation department, so a couple of emails to the county commissioners later and the bus issue was resolved