Seafood Restaurant

Hannibal

Seabreeze is the epitome of the dive crab shack. Tends be crowded and a little on the dirty side (In a charming way if that makes sense). Service tends to be on point, but I will say, I have had to endure a couple stinkers, so cross your fingers. Beer comes out cold, crabs are usually perfectly cooked (as is the shrimp) and seasoned just right. You can dig into your meal, make a mess and they have sinks located through the place where you quickly wash off without having to pack into the bathroom.

I've done Sandgates twice in the past two years as the result of: A) waiting too long at Seabreeze for the server to come take our order (we just left) and B) the wait to get in being too long. On both occasions, I found the crabs to be good, the place to be cleaner and less crowded. So, while I am speaking positively about it (and deservedly so), there is something about Seabreeze that seems to edge them out for me personally.

I would also note that for being side by side, Seabreeze is always dominating them in terms of "being busy".

General Lee

Seabreeze is the epitome of the dive crab shack.

I would also note that for being side by side, Seabreeze is always dominating them in terms of "being busy".

Drift Inn is a dive crab shack. They used to (or still might) serve their $35.00 seafood platter on a Styrofoam plate. Cheap cheap cheap. I haven't been back in over a decade

Seabreeze dominates Sandgates because of the tiki shack out back and the owners of Sandgates aren't that popular with the community.

luvmygdaughters

Drift Inn is a dive crab shack. They used to (or still might) serve their $35.00 seafood platter on a Styrofoam plate. Cheap cheap cheap. I haven't been back in over a decade

Seabreeze dominates Sandgates because of the tiki shack out back and the owners of Sandgates aren't that popular with the community.
I think there is a difference between a "seafood" restaurant and a "crabhouse". You go to a seafood restaurant to order stuffed shrimp or crab imperial or stuffed flounder, etc. If you want steamed crabs, you go to a crabhouse, thats their specialty! We've never been disappointed in the crabs we got from Drift Inn. just a side note, its the oldest crabhouse in St. Mary's.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I love Seabreeze - that's my local crab shack of choice. On weekends they usually have a little band outside by the tiki bar.

Hannibal

Surprised not one person has mentioned Jerry's Place in Prince Frederick.

While I realize it's a "seafood" place, it's not what I associate with southern Maryland seafood. More appropriately, it's not in line with the two options the OP offered. And every time Jerry's comes up, I say the same thing ....... it's very expensive for what it is. Yes, it's good. And I don't have a problem paying a premium for quality. But I walk out of there every time making the "ouch" face after paying the bill and often choose others place when Jerry's gets offered up now-a-days. Hate saying that too as I have been a customer there dating back to his original location in Seabrook (even hosted my wedding rehearsal dinner there nearly 15 years ago). Heck, I'm less than a mile away as the crow flies from their PF location and haven't been in two years I'd bet.

I know it's an odd statement to make but despite the quality food and great service (especially Jerry himself), I always feel the sting in my wallet more so that eating other places.

ginwoman

Yes.
Never been there and the goggle reviews were not very good.
We haven't been there in a LONG time but we've never been impressed by them. Takes a while to get your food because they can only cook a little at a time. The view and location is nice thought.