Sebring Convertible

dustin

UAIOE
buy a used one. the car market is soft right now and you might be able to get the dealer waaaay down on a new one. but there are plenty of nice used ones out there too. you could get a nice used BMW 3-series convertible for the price you would pay for a new Sebring.

willie

There is a funny thing about the Sebring, a lot of us, including Consumers Report, consider it unreliable but just try to find one in a salvage yard. There are none.

willie said:
There is a funny thing about the Sebring, a lot of us, including Consumers Report, consider it unreliable but just try to find one in a salvage yard. There are none.
Could it be that they get stripped for parts so quickly they can't hold on to them? Or when they crash there isn't enough left to salvage? :lmao:
:burstinginto flames:

marianne

itsbob said:
A 2005 for 18,000, what was the original sticker price??

Sebrings don't hold their value well. We bought a Sebring last week with 36K miles on it for $5K. If you need four or five seats and want a convertible then it's an okay car and an alternative to a Wrangler. Young kids hate being in the back though because it's too windy for them. It's not as fun as a roadster convertible, but it is practical.

CityGrl

Time for a nap
DO NOT BUY ONE!!!!!!!!!

My Sebring was a lemon. It was brand new and the tires would go flat every day. Brakes were bad, rotors were bad, car was bad. Traded that baby in and will never, EVER buy a Chrysler again.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
CityGrl said:
DO NOT BUY ONE!!!!!!!!!

My Sebring was a lemon. It was brand new and the tires would go flat every day. Brakes were bad, rotors were bad, car was bad. Traded that baby in and will never, EVER buy a Chrysler again.
Yikes! Were you able to get all (or at least some) of your money back? The whole 'lemon law' is a joke. :ohwell:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
marianne said:
Sebrings don't hold their value well. We bought a Sebring last week with 36K miles on it for $5K. If you need four or five seats and want a convertible then it's an okay car and an alternative to a Wrangler. Young kids hate being in the back though because it's too windy for them. It's not as fun as a roadster convertible, but it is practical.
I've been looking at Toyota Solara.. Volvo makes a 4 or 5 pax. as does Saab.. It's way in the future, but am looking now.. We REALLY like the Saab, but unlike the Sebring they hold their value REALLY well, you can't buy a CHEAP Saab Convertible, but we may look at leasing it.

CityGrl

Time for a nap
Chasey_Lane said:
Yikes! Were you able to get all (or at least some) of your money back? The whole 'lemon law' is a joke. :ohwell:

Nope, just "prettied it up" for the trade for my Acura and hoped for the best. :lmao:

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
CityGrl said:
Nope, just "prettied it up" for the trade for my Acura and hoped for the best. :lmao:
Damn! :lmao: Probably the best thing, too. Otherwise, you'd have a years worth of attorney's fees and negotiations with the dealer. :ohwell:

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
marianne said:
It's just me. Kids are gone. I drive 8,000 miles a year. I am neurotic about oil changes, etc., every 3000 miles. I have a 94 t-bird that has 108,000 miles on it and I'm keeping that is in mint condition. I truly believe that if you treat your car well, it will last.

onebdzee

off the shelf
BS Gal said:
It's just me. Kids are gone. I drive 8,000 miles a year. I am neurotic about oil changes, etc., every 3000 miles. I have a 94 t-bird that has 108,000 miles on it and I'm keeping that is in mint condition. I truly believe that if you treat your car well, it will last.

:yeahthat:

I had a 93 tracker(quit laughing) that lasted 247,000 miles....I gave it to my oldest mutt back in Nov and he ran it out of oil(and he's a mechanic for the AF :lmao: )

he's putting a new engine in it and bringing it back home in July :yay:

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
onebdzee said:

I had a 93 tracker(quit laughing) that lasted 247,000 miles....I gave it to my oldest mutt back in Nov and he ran it out of oil(and he's a mechanic for the AF :lmao: )

That's what I'M talking bout, girl.

Pete

Repete
onebdzee said:

What color is it? :whistle: